Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The source can be questionable. But it seems possible - we heard Conte's comments about Tanguy during last week from credible sources. Well, from him actually telling them. In video.
And he was not picked to start and did not even come on from the bench. So this is hard evidence of his dissatisfaction.

So, we cannot be sure it is truth but we can be sure he is not happy with the lad.

IF it is happy, then I am 100% on his side with it. Whole of this window is weighing us down as the club 136 mEUR flushed down the toilet with Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sessegnon and Clark. Add 60 m EUR of wages on top of that, so 200 million euros for what we have got essentially nothing.

We can drag it on, but I hope we don't. I would say that from that list Sessegnon is only one who has potential to fullfill excpectations and transfer fee. Other 3, I'd be happy if we moved on. Regarding Ndombele, I hope we can find some kind of swap / Ndombele+cash kind of deal. Otherwise he will go for 30 mil tops. And for that we ain't gonna get a good player most likely.
I fully trust Conte's judgment. Nothing I've seen suggests to me Ndombele has the character or grit to be a truly elite footballer at the very highest level.

Will he though? People bang on about his “ability” for like 4 years now. He’s been given chances and he has utterly failed. This is his 100%, dude is just an avg footballer who would probably be better in street ball leagues than a professional football pitch.

The amount of copium huffed on this forum about this guy just because he was our record signing and people don’t want it to seem like a waste of money.
If you can't recognise the raw talent of the guy, I can't persuade you but bear in mind that in all the time he's been here, he's never worked with a manager at his best. Poch was on the decline and the 2 following I need not mention. If he continues to fail under the Count, then it's time for him to go but giving him the rest of the season to show what he's capable of must be the most intelligent way to go, (imo)

Among the fastest to warm down, first ready for the takeaway...

Come on, it was tee'd up for it.

He's a phenomenally talented player but this is objectively horse shit, sorry. He's had loads of games where he's done very little to nothing and then been hooked early. I'd say at absolute best his ratio of good games to nothing performances is 40/60, and that's me being kind.

Basically, any team which 'nips about' and knocks his ankles, especially if twice in 4-5minutes, he almost always wilts in the game.

Said before, he needs to sort his purines and have a regular top sports psychologist in his ear, saying how this is his time, the taps he receives are the oppositions fear of him, he can run through walls to achieve his goals, type shit.

If you can't recognise the raw talent of the guy, I can't persuade you but bear in mind that in all the time he's been here, he's never worked with a manager at his best. Poch was on the decline and the 2 following I need not mention. If he continues to fail under the Count, then it's time for him to go but giving him the rest of the season to show what he's capable of must be the most intelligent way to go, (imo)
He has to do what he's told Span. I think he's too off the cuff for that. I've zero doubt Conte will see if he follows the plan then decide but I have my doubts. Its not so simple a fix as body fat ratio that stuffs not hard when your young and healthy but what Conte will require is way more important. Sticking to the script don't sound at all like Ndombele

Among the fastest to warm down, first ready for the takeaway...

Come on, it was tee'd up for it.

Basically, any team which 'nips about' and knocks his ankles, especially if twice in 4-5minutes, he almost always wilts in the game.

Said before, he needs to sort his purines and have a regular top sports psychologist in his ear, saying how this is his time, the taps he receives are the oppositions fear of him, he can run through walls to achieve his goals, type shit.

There is a lot to be said for taking control over pain and getting on with it.
I myself had a sustained period or debilitating pain not long after Covid kicked off. I was always in the gym running every day and then all of a sudden I could hardly walk, it went on for about a year despite me pretty much giving up exercise (and gaining 1.5 stone)
In the end, knowing lockdown wasn't helping my chances of decent physio I just thought "fuck it" and ran anyway. And it hurt, but not that bad. And then I ran more. And more. And then the pain went away.
Short version - not all pain is a signal to stop and some pain can be cured by carrying on.

IF it is happy, then I am 100% on his side with it. Whole of this window is weighing us down as the club 136 mEUR flushed down the toilet with Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sessegnon and Clark. Add 60 m EUR of wages on top of that, so 200 million euros for what we have got essentially nothing.

Clark has tekkers, he might still be growing IMO and not settled in body so too early to write off (possibly with us, but some think he'd fit RWB well).

Think our treatment of them, in terms of acting as their guardians in a new country, is what is lacking in the club, Vs Chelsea and Man City who I suspect has this aspect much better tailored to £10M's assets.

But, piss poor window functionally 100% Pochs worst hours (it was claimed by those near the club he got his 3 top picks in (and hissy fitted about Clark).

He has to do what he's told Span. I think he's too off the cuff for that. I've zero doubt Conte will see if he follows the plan then decide but I have my doubts. Its not so simple a fix as body fat ratio that stuffs not hard when your young and healthy but what Conte will require is way more important. Sticking to the script don't sound at all like Ndombele

.....Neither does top fitness and high energy/effort.

3 components of Conte-ball.

Last edited:

Pretty much. A technically gifted midfield player who can't handle being roughed up is very little good, you're in the most busy part of the pitch and players are going to harass you and try and stop you dictating play. Deal with it.

There is a lot to be said for taking control over pain and getting on with it.
I myself had a sustained period or debilitating pain not long after Covid kicked off. I was always in the gym running every day and then all of a sudden I could hardly walk, it went on for about a year despite me pretty much giving up exercise (and gaining 1.5 stone)
In the end, knowing lockdown wasn't helping my chances of decent physio I just thought "fuck it" and ran anyway. And it hurt, but not that bad. And then I ran more. And more. And then the pain went away.
Short version - not all pain is a signal to stop and some pain can be cured by carrying on.

I like the Buddhist line, of disassociation from body, that the pain is not part of you, and you have no attachment to it, pain is merely a foreign matter imposing itself upon you, which will pass, as long as you do not form attachment.

He does need to use it as fuel, as I'm sure teams have noted it and and run he makes 'yap at his ankles'.

He needs to show the opposition "you do that, I'm going up a level, mofo's". Then they'll start being scared of making the tackle, bingo = Boss Ndombele.

Not sure he has it though, and wouldn't be surprised if the rumours are true. Hope Conte gives him a month though, as on a good diet that could be enough to get him breathing a bit deeper and things might turn for him.

Get rid. If conte thinks he’s beyond salvaging then it’s time to cut our losses. Even if we took a 20 million pound loss, the difference a 30m midfielder would make to our midfield would be huge.

Get rid of lo celso too please

He was decent tonight. The only player that looked a threat going forward.

Decent? He was shit. Did nothing. Mura dealt with him easily, never looked like he was going to do anything.

The truth is that not only does he have an awful attitude, but he doesn’t actually have that much talent. Not the type of world class talent that is worth paying money for. Players with actual world class potential stand out. Think of all the matches under AVB where Gareth Bale looked like an absolute diamond despite having mediocrity all around him. That’s world class talent.

Tanguy blends perfectly into the general mediocrity of our second string. I’ve never seen a match where he stands out the way a £60m should. Never. He has the odd moment and that’s it. If the opponent gives him a good kicking, he disappears. He’s a nobody. Opponents don’t give a shit about him.

Excited Food GIF
its a fix mura offered ndombele a meal of a lifetime

Back
Top Bottom