Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How this is going to end:
DelightfulPerfumedBaboon-size_restricted.gif

An annoyingly sensible move by UTD.
No way, the idea that he’s just a voice in the room is total madness. You’re either all the way in or all the way out.

Chaos move by a chaos club, the idea that Rangnick is some magical svengali is as nonsense in this context as it was when he was mooted for Spurs.

And that’s all not even mentioning that United’s squad can’t play his extremely doctrinaire gegenpressing football.

This will be a total disaster

Still, every time United fans talk about whoever they're going to appoint, you just have to remind them they could have had Conte if they hadn't been so stupid as to keep Ole "My last time managing in the Premier League I finished 20th" Gunnar Solskjaer for so long.

Poch won't want to work with a DOF type........ Might put an end to that once and for all.
Whilst I get this, it would exclude him from working at almost every Club nowadays as most all have DoF in some form or other. Without a doubt, he will look to negotiate with any club the areas he has control over and he'll want to negotiate as much control as he can but he's going to be a pundit if he's not prepared to work with or under a DoF.

Yeah, it really is!! Also have to hand it to them because Chavs couldn't bring him in before appointing Tuchel, who he rejected on the grounds of the contract they offered wasn't long enough (I think they offered him a year??)

Still reeks of no-gameplan and just fumbling about making reactionary decisions.

One minute Poch was the man; now they're hiring a DOF just to snare an interim manager.

Is Rangnick gonna get much done on a short-term basis.... How long will he take to establish a style of play, fitness levels etc. etc. .......Are the big ego's gonna give any short term-er the time of day?

Sure but by doing this they have just potentially ended that cycle.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part but it seems very ham-fisted still...... Maybe the whole promise of a DOF job is little more than a dangling carrot.....? ....The proverbial gentleman's agreement.?

Back
Top Bottom