Levy Out/ENIC new poll 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy/ENIC in or out?

• In

Votes: 72 23.2%
  • Out

Votes: 239 76.8%

• Total voters
These polls are bollocks as they are more often than not posted when the team is doing badly and the owners aren't the flavour of the day. Do a new one today and the votes will probably be in reverse.

Hiring Conte was a good step but it does not undo the damage to on field stuff that Levy and co have done. They need to properly back Conte/Spurs in the transfer market over the next few windows for me to reverse my opinion on them.

IF they back him with the players he wants, then I'll reconsider. Until then, I remain firmly 'Enic out'.

Funny cause most people who were ENIC out will probably do that for real now we have Conte.

Bunch of internet gangstas
Is that all it took for you to give Levy absolution? A manager called Conte….

This was the plan all along, after 20 long years and 11 previous managers just marking time while we waited it out for the right guy, Conte?

Well why didn’t levy just say, call me a “Levy in” kinda guy right now then…..

Joking aside, I’m glad you see Conte as the saviour, the answer to all the our long suffering problems, as he is no doubt one of the top 5 managers in world football right now, he is at the peak of his career as they say…In fact one might argue Pep has gone stale at City, which would put Conte in the top two in the premier league easily….
This guy isn’t a Jose Mourinho who had long since left his glory years behind him when he came here, this guy is at the peak of modern football management…..

Now we know you can’t polish a turd, and we have one hell of a turd to polish, and even Conte isn’t that good, so it’s top manager in box ticked ✅ for sure, now let’s see what the little bald man has in his goody bag come January and June 2022…..
Because if Conte fails, it’s not Conte that’s the problem……

ENIC and Levy out until they prove they care about success on the pitch. They're 50% there by hiring conte, the next 50% requires:

-Strong investment
-Willingness to take loss on players who are no longer of adequate quality
-Some occasions of purchasing a 'first choice' talent, despite them being more expensive than other options
-Prioritisation of buying key players early in a transfer window to give the manager sufficient time to work with them
-On occasion, prioritising a cup win over an 'outside chance' of reaching top 4 purely to provide much needed club prestige, in spite of the associated revenue losses

I completely agree.

These polls are bollocks as they are more often than not posted when the team is doing badly and the owners aren't the flavour of the day. Do a new one today and the votes will probably be in reverse.
Things won't change until January.

Obviously Levy has made a promise to Conte that he might not uphold as it might cost him a small fortune.

If Levy antagonises Conte and Conte starts talking about leaving, there will be no liking Levy at all.

Getting Conte is like being dealt two Aces, it's now up to Levy to follow through and win the hand, because folding is criminal.

Hiring Conte was a good step but it does not undo the damage to on field stuff that Levy and co have done. They need to properly back Conte/Spurs in the transfer market over the next few windows for me to reverse my opinion on them.

IF they back him with the players he wants, then I'll reconsider. Until then, I remain firmly 'Enic out'.
I'm seeing another problem develop called Pochettino.

I can't help but think Levy will entertain Conte short term, but has no plans to spend window after window paying the money Conte will want to spend. If Poch goes to United, Levy has backed himself into the corner and either needs to spend and keep Conte and the fans happy or face problems.

Interesting times

That’s clearly a load of horse shit. The Enic out mob have every right to have this stance. If we won trophies, we would all be happy the club are finally moving in the right direction
Fair enough. I'm sure most would do exactly as you say.

I guarantee some will still whinge though. Some whinge on the match thread if it's 0-0 after 10mins!

There are people in the world who just complain about everything constantly. Some are definitely Spurs fans. Some are definitely posters here :)

I'm of the opinion that if Conte doesn't work out then nothing will short of a change in ownership. Until then I'm not in the out camp yet.

The results are not as bad as I expected bearing in mind we still bought players despite hardly any income from the stadium. With Fans now back in and events planned it looks a lot more promising. The main thing is spending wisely which has been our main problem. Cannot see why we cannot spend on a couple of players in January if the right ones are available withouty having to cash in on selling our good players.

We won't know how serious ENIC are about success on the pitch until the next two windows come and go
Although you could argue the 40 or so transfer windows they already had is more than enough to judge them.
Not a year goes by without people saying they'll judge them on the next transfer window.

Last edited:
Sop crying about it and do one then, mate.

Last edited:

I guarantee some will still whinge though. Some whinge on the match thread if it's 0-0 after 10mins!

There are people in the world who just complain about everything constantly. Some are definitely Spurs fans. Some are definitely posters here :)
People wingeing in the match thread are not exclusively ENIC out, pal. Far from it.
And I doubt you'll find a single match thread on any football forum in the country where fans aren't ripping into under performing players and slagging off the tactics etc...

You're either very new to football, or very naive if you think otherwise

People wingeing in the match thread are not exclusively ENIC out, pal. Far from it.
And I doubt you'll find a single match thread on any football forum in the country where fans aren't ripping into under performing players and slagging off the tactics etc...

You're either very new to football, or very naive if you think otherwise
Never said they were all ENIC out though, pal.

Although you could argue the 40 or so transfer windows they already had is more than enough to judge them.
Not a year goes by without people saying they'll judge them on the nect transfer window.
I don't dispute it but these ones will stand out as the stadium is up and running properly and we have one if the best coaches in the game.
If they still don't put their money where their mouth is then it's a dead rubber that they're running the team on a shoestring.

Never said they were all ENIC out though, pal.
No?

Most people who are ENIC out will find something else to whinge about.
We could win the four cups we're in this season and they'd complain cos Winks played a few games!
They'll never be happy and will always complain about something.

Followed by

:contefacepalm2:

I’m just happy we haven’t done a Leeds under them

That’s all you can really ask for as fans

Plus they are such kind hearted and selfless people

Not like most nasty evil owners

Back
Top Bottom