Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That free header though...

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

When players value themselves at £100m and collect hundreds of thousands of pounds a week in pay they are wide fucking open to criticism when they play like shit.

Any player, regardless of how good they have been at times throughout their career is only as good as their last game. He has been absolutely fucking shambolic for his club this season. His performances for the most part have been nothing short of disgraceful.

I said it at the time, that if we could get £120m+ for him in the summer then we should accept it as we'd be able to reinvest that back into the club, which was what we desperately need. Now we're stuck with a striker with a giant ego who doesn't want to be here, who is playing like shit and whose value has probably halved in two months.

Merry fucking Christmas.

When players value themselves at £100m and collect hundreds of thousands of pounds a week in pay they are wide fucking open to criticism when they play like shit.

Any player, regardless of how good they have been at times throughout their career is only as good as their last game. He has been absolutely fucking shambolic for his club this season. His performances for the most part have been nothing short of disgraceful.

I said it at the time, that if we could get £120m+ for him in the summer then we should accept it as we'd be able to reinvest that back into the club, which was what we desperately need. Now we're stuck with a striker with a giant ego who doesn't want to be here, who is playing like shit and whose value has probably halved in two months.

Merry fucking Christmas.
All good points, but who in their right mind starts a season with one striker that doesnt want to be at the club.

All good points, but who in their right mind starts a season with one striker that doesnt want to be at the club.
A club run by a money grabbing, bald goblin cunt whose interests lie solely with his employer, not the club or its fans.

B-b--but Sonny and Lucas can play as strikers a-a-and we have Dane Scarlett (who is fucking 12).

Banter club.

Only really got to watch the second half, and as poor as Harry looked overall, he did produce one of the only moments of quality. Yet again, Son does absolutely nothing against a bunch of plasterers and nobody say's a thing. The favouritism is shocking.

Only really got to watch the second half, and as poor as Harry looked overall, he did produce one of the only moments of quality. Yet again, Son does absolutely nothing against a bunch of plasterers and nobody say's a thing. The favouritism is shocking.
Elephant in the room being that we are better off without Kane and our record without him shows that.

As poor as Son has been, we look atrocious without him and can't buy a goal.

People see/know that.

Elephant in the room being that we are better off without Kane and our record without him shows that.

As poor as Son has been, we look atrocious without him and can't buy a goal.

People see/know that.

We look atrocious with him more often than before, that's also for certain. He's been almost as poor as Harry this season but doesn't get a quarter of the stick.

We look atrocious with him more often than before, that's also for certain. He's been almost as poor as Harry this season but doesn't get a quarter of the stick.
But like I said, even with Kane starting, the times we've played without Son recently is as follows:
  • 3-0 loss to Palace
  • Knocked out by Dynamo in Europa in a 3-0 defeat
  • Couldn't score a goal against Burnley until Son came on
  • Couldn't score a goal against Mura until Son came on
  • Draw to French farmers Rennes
All these games without Son, Kane has started. We can't play without Son. Period. We are fucked without him. Increasingly, Moura has become just as important as Son.

Without Kane, we've managed to get good results and it's been that way for quite some time.

Last edited:

Son signed on again, bonding us in united of support, in my eyes.

Kane tried to get away then ratted around pulling down the groups vibe, clearly, going three straight wins without him, to a more ponderous, disjointed mess with him in the team.

Son, like Kane, is probably knackered by the knew regime, and the nutritional malaise Jose left is still bonded into the players legs and lungs (less Son as I bet he's a good lad), it will take 3-6months to fully turn around, if any last that log here!

Kane's mouth is open all the time, since summer (inc Euro's) he's looked 'off' more than just the move IMO.

Son signed on again, bonding us in united of support, in my eyes.

Kane tried to get away then ratted around pulling down the groups vibe, clearly, going three straight wins without him, to a more ponderous, disjointed mess with him in the team.

Son, like Kane, is probably knackered by the knew regime, and the nutritional malaise Jose left is still bonded into the players legs and lungs (less Son as I bet he's a good lad), it will take 3-6months to fully turn around, if any last that log here!

Kane's mouth is open all the time, since summer (inc Euro's) he's looked 'off' more than just the move IMO.
his mouths always open, like man stuck in a desert with no water

I get your point that Son has been poor too. But he didn't try to force a move away in the summer. Nor did he ruin his reputation with the club's fans.

In fact, he stuck by the club at the lowest point we've been at for quite some time. He's done nothing to lose our respect or trust - he has been a stellar ambassador for the club from the minute he joined.

Kane on the other hand always faced an uphill battle to repair his reputation at the club after the shit he pulled in the summer and he's done absolutely nothing to change it. He's just his usual, arrogant, matter-of-fact self. In order to get away with that you need to be fucking good at football, he's been shit this season.

his mouths always open, like man stuck in a desert with no water

Yeah, but he has...

Most games, past 30mins or a frenetic spell:
Classic Animation Love GIF

When his body is trying to be like a sucker fish to draw extra oxygen from any fucking where around him (more lately, with less apparent sprint or frenetic spell to justify):
Donald Trump Mouth GIF

Incidentally, reported before how mouth breathers tend to have a lower Saliva pH demonstrating this lowered oxygen potential in action in the body (which may disrupt the mucin unpacking and other healthful stuff).

Why is this shocking? One of these two repeatedly took a shit on the badge in the last six months, giving an interview making moon-eyes at other teams and then bungling about with his brother all summer trying to leverage a departure. The other has done nothing but declare his love and devotion for Spurs.

Even if we assume for the sake of argument that their performances have been equally disappointing, of course there will be favoritism, and more patience for one than the other.

I get your point that Son has been poor too. But he didn't try to force a move away in the summer. Nor did he ruin his reputation with the club's fans.

In fact, he stuck by the club at the lowest point we've been at for quite some time. He's done nothing to lose our respect or trust - he has been a stellar ambassador for the club from the minute he joined.

Kane on the other hand always faced an uphill battle to repair his reputation at the club after the shit he pulled in the summer and he's done absolutely nothing to change it. He's just his usual, arrogant, matter-of-fact self. In order to get away with that you need to be fucking good at football, he's been shit this season.

I get all that. But at the end of the day, Son has also been nowhere near his past form. Kane also being cack this season but also wanting out shouldn't mean that Son isn't called out more by some for his poor performances and lack of goals. But as I've said before, both of them would look much better with better players around them than the sorry bunch we can muster up currently.

Why is this shocking? One of these two repeatedly took a shit on the badge in the last six months, giving an interview making moon-eyes at other teams and then bungling about with his brother all summer trying to leverage a departure. The other has done nothing but declare his love and devotion for Spurs.

Even if we assume for the sake of argument that their performances have been equally disappointing, of course there will be favoritism, and more patience for one than the other.

I have no doubt someone like Ben Davies loves the club every bit as much as Son. Means little to me, as I don't believe for a moment Son would choose us over an elite club if he was actually given the chance to move.

Back
Top Bottom