Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was reading there that in 53 league games he’s scored once and had 3 assists. What an absolute disaster of a signing he has been after all the hype and expectation that came with him.

I was reading there that in 53 league games he’s scored once and had 3 assists. What an absolute disaster of a signing he has been after all the hype and expectation that came with him.

I'm going to start by saying that I'm not sticking up for GLC here but....

In 53 games, how many goals and assists did Carrick, Modric or Dembele get for us?
Maybe that's not his strong point.

In 53 games, how many goals and assists did Carrick, Modric or Dembele get for us?
If goals and assists are not his strong points, what are? He’s not exactly a Graeme Souness type midfield enforcer.

He got quite a few goals and assists in La Liga. I would say try him as a number 10 but when he's played there he hasn't looked anything special. He strikes me as somebody who's here for the money until he can get a move back to La Liga.

Hope he proves me wrong as i think he has ability but he's shown nothing consistently to suggest he can make it here.

I see more effort and teamwork in him when he's actually fit than Tanguy and could maybe see him turning it around, but wouldn't be annoyed if he was sold. Can see he has talent, but he is super left footed and despite his skills, he doesn't affect games anywhere near enough.

I honestly think they were expecting him to replace Eriksen's creativity, but he has been really poor in that respect.

The two when put together in how they were obviously expected to be the basis of a strong midfield have been a complete disaster, signings right up there with Tottenham's biggest wastes of money ever and there have been fucking enough of them.

Please don’t compare those 3 elite CMs to him. It just makes Gio look even worse.

He was signed to replace Eriksen as a goal scoring 10 based on what he did at Betis and has completely failed. In desperation we have tried him as a deeper CM but he’s been mediocre there too. In his first season he played with minimal quality but real tenacity, now even that’s gone as he tries to protect himself from injury. Another expensive player who doesn’t have any real quality.

He cares far more about Argentina than Spurs, is a crock, and even when he does play offers very little outside the odd moment and solid technical ability, only really looking good in comparison to some of the other dire midfielders we possess.

Awful, awful signing with almost no positives. Even people who rate him still can surely admit that. He might be a footballer underneath it at all but he's shown it about 10% of the time for Spurs. He has no real role in the team either, nobody seems to know what he actually is.

God help us selling him though. Teams won't be lining up to sign a crock who plays more for the NT than his club and is on decent wages.

Back
Top Bottom