Burnley VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday Nov 28th 2pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have a vague memory of Ian Woan smashing in a free-kick against us, orange ball in the snow. My mind might be playing tricks on me. Forest in the cup? Fuck knows, rambling...

Agree with someone who posted if gives Conte some extra training sessions with the team now, no rest required.

Bet he wishes he played a full strength team v Mura now, we might have sneaked a draw!

Not rambling - I remember that. :) Must have been a weekday as I was in a pub called The Boot a few mins from Kings Cross station. Wow that was a long time ago... :)

5th Round replay I also vaguely recall...

We played them 3 times technically. First game was halted about 20 minutes in. Then a draw. Then came back to the Lane for the replay and lost on penalties.
I think that was the first time I saw Spurs lose in person.

Yeah, was at all three.
The first one (abandoned) was orange ball.

I have a vague memory of Ian Woan smashing in a free-kick against us, orange ball in the snow. My mind might be playing tricks on me. Forest in the cup? Fuck knows, rambling...

Agree with someone who posted if gives Conte some extra training sessions with the team now, no rest required.

Bet he wishes he played a full strength team v Mura now, we might have sneaked a draw!
That was the replay. The original was called off at 0-0 as you literally couldn’t see one side of the pitch from the other. In fairness, that was as good as we looked all season.

This one in the snow, yeah i know i've posted it before, but was a memorable day for me.

Was there! First away win I witnessed in real life... (I was clearly a Jonah for the previous few years!)

Paul Stewart... orange ball... Samways nearly strangling him in the goal celebration... Leppings Lane end... wow, how things changed so quickly less than 12 months later!

Last edited:
Why does today feel like we've been sent home early from school, 'cos of a frozen boiler.... but without the fun, excitement bit!?

It's about infrastructure, but mostly about mindset.

Snow is hardly a novelty in the UK. Tradition just treats it like an off phenomenen. We don't have that much snow in Denmark either, not even all places have it every year. Yet every year all motorists in october switches to winter tyres. That's not about overdoing safety. Winter tyres are not just about snow, they are also about the structure of the rubber in cold weather (below 8c) and how tires react to wet surfaces and cold tarmac. Driving on wet surfaces in summer tires around the freezing degree point (0c, 32f) is outright irresponsible.

It's staggering seeing airports like e.g. Stanstead have almost no material for quickly clearing runways and keeping them deiced. How is that even possible in a industrialised country in the northern hemisphere?
I lived around Belsize Park for a while when I was younger and I remember a “storm” causing all sorts of chaos. It was funny to me at the time to me coming from Montreal where there is tons of snow. In general from my perspective the weather in London was amazing all winter. I’m a bit surprised at the airport comment considering deiceing is critical to plane safety.

We do shit the bed every time it snows... However; I dunno what other countries are like, but here as soon as it snows it almost immediately turns to ice...... Ice is the real fucker.... Even if you can treat all the main roads; walking around when it's icey everywhere is a right fucker. Hate it.

Around zero to -5 is some of the worst road conditions when it snows then freezes. Here is some random Canadian farmer hilariously ranting about -1 weather.

Yeah, was at all three.
The first one (abandoned) was orange ball.

We were linked with Woan a while after that I recall. Had such hopes for Armstrong back then, and us, we were 2nd early December for a bit (or third and would have gone 2nd if we'd beaten Bolton at home, drew 2-2).

What was the abandoned score? Thought we were 2-0 up for some reason?

Back
Top Bottom