Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s a bent cunt - it’s all come to light now and we shouldn’t be associated with such individuals

I'll take that as a 'no he hasn't been found guilty, I just like reading the headlines and trolling off the back of them'

grinch smile GIF

EXCLUSIVE: Tottenham's £47m deal for Cristian Romero is among 42 transfers investigated by Italian authorities amid probe into Juventus' financial dealings​

• Italian police raided Juventus' club offices amid a false accounting probe
  • Andrea Agnelli, Pavel Nedved and Fabio Paratici are under investigation
  • Paratici joined Spurs in the summer and was key in appointing Antonio Conte
  • Authorities took documentation relating to transfers, invoices and finances
  • Cristian Romero's move to Spurs among the 42 transfers being probed
Tottenham have been dragged into the fraud allegations against Juventus, with Italian police investigating the transfer history of summer signing Cristian Romero and the role of the club’s managing director Fabio Paratici.

Sportsmail has been told the £47million deal for the Argentine defender in August — the same day he left Juventus for Atalanta for just £13.5m — is one of 42 transfers being scrutinised by police amid claims of false accounting.

Paratici, who joined Tottenham last summer and was instrumental in the appointments of Nuno Espirito Santo and Antonio Conte, is one of six past and present Juventus officials being investigated, including president Andrea Agnelli and legendary former player Pavel Nedved.

The club’s offices in Turin and Milan were raided by police last Friday with player contracts, invoices and financial statements taken as evidence following claims that Juventus falsely recorded the values of transfers between 2019 and 2021 to enable them to comply with Financial Fair Play regulations.

Paratici was directly involved in the deal that brought Romero to Tottenham, continuing a close association with a player he signed for Juventus from Genoa two and a half years ago.

The 23-year-old never played for Juventus in two years at the club, but his transfer valuations attracted attention from the Italian police.

Italian police have raided Juventus' club offices amid a probe into their transfer dealings

Juventus paid Genoa £22m for Romero in July 2019, but immediately sent him back on loan for the season.

He spent the following campaign at Atalanta, who paid a £3.4m loan fee.

On a bizarre day last August, Atalanta confirmed they had signed Romero permanently for £13.5m before sending him out on loan to Tottenham, who also secured the option to buy him for £47m.

The sums involved raised eyebrows, with Atalanta set to make a profit of £33.5m in a single season.

Other Juventus deals being probed include Manchester City’s £27.4m signing of Joao Cancelo two years ago in a transfer that saw Danilo move the other way in part-exchange, as well as another swap deal that saw Bosnia midfielder Miralem Pjanic join Barcelona with Brazilian midfielder Arthur Melo moving to Juventus.

Tottenham have held talks with Paratici about the matter since reports of the Juventus police raid emerged over the weekend.

There is no suggestion of any wrongdoing by the Premier League club.

Every deal of Juve's will be looked at! It's not a revelation or "exclusive". They will be going through every deal including academy deals and no doubt womans team (if they have one) too.

My take is if Juve have been found to have done something wrong with the Romero transfer that's actually good news for Paratici, as it will shine the light on Juve (Angelli etc rather than him, seeing as he was at Spurs and not Juve anymore).

If I was Paraticic (and assuming he's an innocent party - I've no idea if he is or isn't) then I would be shitting myself that I'm no longer at Juve where "they" can plot, collude and corroborate amongst themselves whilst he's no longer there and sat at Hotspur Way!

I'm sure there was a reason why we couldn't buy him directly from Juventus. But Atlanta could for 13.5M and then we pay 47M

That's a fucking hell of a mark-up.

Somebody or persons did very well out of that i guarantee you.

I'm sure there was a reason why we couldn't buy him directly from Juventus. But Atlanta could for 13.5M and then we pay 47M

If I'm not mistaken he was on Loan to Atalanta with the option to buy?

Ndombele and Lo Celso also had huge mark-ups - when sold to Spurs - just 1 year after their clubs had bought them...

Last edited:
Ndombele and Lo Celso had also had huge mark-ups - when sold to Spurs - just 1 year after their clubs had bought them...

It's just like a player selling for £5m then £20m following summer, but because loan-to-buy they pay it the following summer and that's noteworthy?

Conversely, we've bought loads who are probably going to go at 75% discount on what we paid, will the FA investigate Hitchin!!!

Then elaborate.
Atalanta agreed to active their buy-out option of €16 million so he was no longer Juve's player.

Atalanta had a contractual option to buy at 13m based on the players perceived worth at the beginning on the season they took him on loan from Juv.

.....They opted to buy him and sell him straight
on to us for a profit.

Those circumstances aren't reflective of Gio or Ndombele.

Atalanta had a contractual option to buy at 13m based on the players perceived worth at the beginning on the season they took him on loan from Juv.

.....They opted to buy him and sell him straight
on to us for a profit.

Those circumstances aren't reflective of Gio or Ndombele.
I was talking about the sudden huge mark-ups.
Besides, Lo Celso spent 1 season on loan at Betis with the option to buy - which they did...and then sold him to Spurs a few months later. Not much difference between Lo Celso and Romero really...

I was talking about the sudden huge mark-ups.

Players increase in value from season to season.... Your point?

The fact is; if there was no option attached to the loan, Juve would have either kept Romero or sold him at a big profit themselves.

Besides, Lo Celso spent 1 season on loan at Betis with the option to buy - which they did...and then sold him to Spurs a few months later. Not much difference between Lo Celso and Romero really...

Lo Celso wasn't bought by Betis in the same window as he was sold by them.

Back
Top Bottom