Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But he's supposed to be our best player. Most of the players that are more on your mind are quite simply shit.
If I'm completely honest I was more annoyed by yet another poor Kane performance. The likes of Doherty have been playing like this for a while, and don't really surprise me anymore.

We by no means played any decent football today, but I'd still say that when Son and Moura came on we played better.

He really hasn't been the same since Kane rejoined the team. I think he was ready to take that CF role and step up as the main target up front but now he's back playing way out wide where he's not effective at all. He doesn't look up for it nor happy whatsoever. Needs to be dropped for a couple games.
What could go wrong by droping Son, who has been excellent as a striker, for Kane who was devoruing tons of lobsters in the Florida coast. That was simply a stupid deciosion, Kane was way out of form and we dropped our best player for him, now neither Kane nor Son are doing shit all. Next thing Conte should do is play Son upfront and Kane just behind him.

What could go wrong by droping Son, who has been excellent as a striker, for Kane who was devoruing tons of lobsters in the Florida coast. That was simply a stupid deciosion, Kane was way out of form and we dropped our best player for him,

Berg got dropped for Kane.

now neither Kane nor Son are doing shit all.

Son isn't capable of playing on the wing anymore?

Next thing Conte should do is play Son upfront and Kane just behind him.

Our MF needs fixing..... Gonna be hard for either to find some form until then.

Berg got dropped for Kane.

Son isn't capable of playing on the wing anymore?

Our MF needs fixing..... Gonna be hard for either to find some form until then.
Our MF has nothing to do with our talisman striker having a 4% goal conversion rate and -2 goals under xG. Kane is one of the biggest problems we’ve got, if not the biggest.

Last edited:
The drop in Son's form has more to do with his new role than anything else.

His most dangerous positions on the pitch is when he's cutting in or when he's able to run into space from a through/long ball. This is how Poch, Mourinho and Nuno utilized Son.

Right now Conte is playing him as an AM and his role is to dribble and drive up the pitch with the ball which aren't his strengths. By the time he even gets near the box he's crowded with defenders.

He's been poor of late, last GREAT performance was Villa i think? And to be quite honest, He was poor for number of games before the Villa one, as well.

In the current formation, Son could use someone higher up who's a better passer than Lucas, but at the moment Lucas has looked the better of the two, so it'd be unfair to bench Lucas.

OK.. you win.

Son Heung-Min, our best player.. didn't play that well today. Hopefully he will find some form soon. : )

I'm sure he will. Pretty clear to me though that, like Harry, we've already seen the best of him. He's only going to get worse from here on in, though he'll still have some good games of course.

I'm sure he will. Pretty clear to me though that, like Harry, we've already seen the best of him. He's only going to get worse from here on in, though he'll still have some good games of course.

I think they can still be good enough for a couple of years yet. It was only last season they they both had amazing production. We might not get them to hit that level, but they should still be good enough for us to be successful, if we sort the rest of the team out.

He’s been shit for weeks. Needs a rocket up his arse like the rest of them.
Both Kane and Son should be dropped at present, unfortunately what would that leave us with going forward? We have almost zero goal threat from elsewhere, so you'd be sacrificing a pair that has the potential to score goals if they got their act together, for replacements who almost certainly won't produce goals even if playing at the top of their game.

It's not an easy situation for the Manager I imagine, but he almost has no option but to try and play them back into form, must be frustrating.

I think they can still be good enough for a couple of years yet. It was only last season they they both had amazing production. We might not get them to hit that level, but they should still be good enough for us to be successful, if we sort the rest of the team out.

Yeah, I still think both are quality players. I'm not saying they won't look great again, though I think with Harry a lot will depend on whether he gets his move. But Kane has definitely lost some of his better attributes to an extent, while Son seems to have less explosive moments. Once he loses more of his pace it will be interesting to see how he counters that with his overall game.

I'm gonna go on record here.

I've always thought Son blows hot and cold. Usually his form dips near the end of the season when he's burnt himself out.

He seems to get a lot more clarity than other players when he isn't playing well though.
Guess it's his character that wins him brownie points.

Both Kane and Son should be dropped at present, unfortunately what would that leave us with going forward? We have almost zero goal threat from elsewhere, so you'd be sacrificing a pair that has the potential to score goals if they got their act together, for replacements who almost certainly won't produce goals even if playing at the top of their game.

It's not an easy situation for the Manager I imagine, but he almost has no option but to try and play them back into form, must be frustrating.

Yeah he has got no choice at all. Son is going through one of his lean patches though. Burnley up next and I think he has a good goal scoring record against them. So hopefully sunday will see a change in his fortunes.

He has his massive new 200k a week contract but is no longer performing or scoring like in previous seasons.
To be fair this season new( D.O.F nine game useless manager )its been chaos. I've always felt Son is clearly effected by the travel. Tends to dip post internationals. But the simple fact is football is about competition and we committed the cardinal sin of allowing our forwards to become utterly complacent. We need young players able to push both him and Kane. No players place should be sacred.

agree. He's been playing like a passenger. need some motm type of performance from him.
my bet is that Conte will get rid of him or son will get frustrated and leave himself

there's no place that allows son to play his best football the way Conte sets up

he's more like an AM under conte and he just doesn't fit there

i would've thought that he would go with a front 2 w/ Son up there but looks like he's planning on pairing a new striker with kane?

in any case, this deeper, AM sort of role doesn't really suit Son's game and my bet is that he continues to struggle

Back
Top Bottom