BRENTFORD AT HOME - THURSDAY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

September and October were about as bad as Spurs have been in a very long time, but, yeah. My point is kinda that we've recovered it before the crash. As you say, big matches coming up. In reality, a year ago we were top of the league...so we know how quickly it can fall apart.
Big few weeks coming up. Want to go through in europe next week then burst west hams pissant bubble in cup. Top 4 at xmas as well and will be well happy. Hope we get a nice and easy third round cup draw do we can rest players.

September and October were about as bad as Spurs have been in a very long time, but, yeah. My point is kinda that we've recovered it before the crash. As you say, big matches coming up. In reality, a year ago we were top of the league...so we know how quickly it can fall apart.
Seen a lot worse mate trust me. Remember in 90s we drew 1 all at barnsley in a relegation battle. We had lost that i reckon we would have gone down.

Thought we gave a solid performance, but Brentford looked as poor as I remember seeing them.

Skipp gets better and better. Son had a great game, much more like himself. Harry is going in the right direction... Much bigger and tougher tests to come though.

Shows how subpar the Premier League is though, the fact that we are where we are in the league, once you take the big three out of it. It's just that La Liga and Serie A are also nowhere near as strong as they once were.

Good all round solid performance. Brentford have caused some of the so called “ bigger teams” all sorts of problems this season so to make them look so ineffective must be a big positive. Just shows what a difference it makes when players know what is expected of them.
Yeah they did, but most of that was early in the season when they had their tails up. They've hit that slump now and look every bit a championship side.

I could see them being in a relegation scrap come the end

Thought we gave a solid performance, but Brentford looked as poor as I remember seeing them.

Skipp gets better and better. Son had a great game, much more like himself. Harry is going in the right direction... Much bigger and tougher tests to come though.

Shows how subpar the Premier League is though, the fact that we are where we are in the league, once you take the big three out of it. It's just that La Liga and Serie A are also nowhere near as strong as they once were.
Careful Airfixx will be after you...
.:dembelelol:

I agree they were very poor and looked champo, their honeymoon period is well and truly over.

But I'll credit our back 5 for nullifying their aerial threat, we were organised defensively

It's a start

Conte effect starting to kick in. We'd be half decent if we stopped giving the ball away without being under any pressure whatsoever.
Well we play with 5 defenders plus midfield of PEH winks and skipp. If that was jose or Nuno they’d be slaughtered. Good to win but can we at least try to play as if we are not just hanging on for the win. Don’t want to criticise conte too much but those subs were jose/Nuno level.
Wish we could play some feedom and adventure especially at home v a promoted side. Haye to think what sort of line up and tactics we will employ v pool.

Yeah they did, but most of that was early in the season when they had their tails up. They've hit that slump now and look every bit a championship side.

I could see them being in a relegation scrap come the end

Definitely. They had crazy energy at the beginning of the season but that was never going to last. If they can't get it back to an extent they'll be in trouble, although I feel they might just have enough.

Hugo? That means we were under pressure a bit, no? We shouldn’t have our goalie as motm contender for home gane v Brentford. I have already posted in this thread wish conte was a bit more adventurous. Subs were shocking and we literally ended up with a midfield 3 that most on here said they never wanted to see again.
and Hugo.

What you thought they were good did you?

Not especially; no... Just that there's always some twist used to play down our results....

I thought Leeds and Newcastle were both far better than this mob were tonight.

That may well have been the case, but as per my previous post; peeps were saying similar when we beat them too.

Considering we were on our knees just weeks ago and still have issues like no Romero, no creativity from MF and Kane still mis-firing; every win between now and the Jan trf window is a good win.

Big few weeks coming up. Want to go through in europe next week then burst west hams pissant bubble in cup. Top 4 at xmas as well and will be well happy. Hope we get a nice and easy third round cup draw do we can rest players.

No easy games for us... We're the team that lost to Mura. :(

Back
Top Bottom