The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And our league schedule from now until the mid-January NLD by league place is 19, 9, 10, 3, 11, 16, 17, and our game in hand being against 18.

Fourth would be a massive achievement, but if we can stack some points this month against easier opponents and then get to January in a competitive league spot with a better sense of Conte’s tactics and the transfer window open, it’s not fully implausible.

And our league schedule from now until the mid-January NLD by league place is 19, 9, 10, 3, 11, 16, 17, and our game in hand being against 18.

Fourth would be a massive achievement, but if we can stack some points this month against easier opponents and then get to January in a competitive league spot with a better sense of Conte’s tactics and the transfer window open, it’s not fully implausible.

That’s what I’m thinking. There is no doubt in my mind that this team isn’t great, but Under a top manager like Conte, if he can navigate some wins against the easier teams which we do have until Jan, then we have every chance of ending the season strongly, but he has to be backed by that little bald weasel

That’s what I’m thinking. There is no doubt in my mind that this team isn’t great, but Under a top manager like Conte, if he can navigate some wins against the easier teams which we do have until Jan, then we have every chance of ending the season strongly, but he has to be backed by that little bald weasel

And therein lies the problem, Don….

Looks like we could be 4th in January. Everything then depends on our performance with transfers. Good luck to Conte.

If United hadn't kept Ole for a season longer than they should have I don't think we would be having this conversation, I mean take a look at their squad, they have players like Van Der Beek, Lindgard, Cavani, Martial who barely get a game.

For me they are still the big favourites for 4th now they have a new boss, but we could have a 4 point cushion on them and a nice run of games to come. So its not utterly implausible with a couple of shrewd signings for us to put a challenge in for fourth.

We all know that biggest issue we have is our squad depth as we saw during that embarrassment against the Slovenian Dog and Duck, but that could yet be addressed.

Chances are its not going to happen, but its nice to have that conversation again if nothing else.

The fact is if we win our game in hand we are 4th 14 games into the season so the conversation can be had without feeling like knees are being jerked.

Chelsea, City and Liverpool are just phenomenal.
Nobody else is and phenomena don't last for ever.
We have every reason to expect a decent result in 32 of our 38 games.

If United hadn't kept Ole for a season longer than they should have I don't think we would be having this conversation, I mean take a look at their squad, they have players like Van Der Beek, Lindgard, Cavani, Martial who barely get a game.

For me they are still the big favourites for 4th now they have a new boss, but we could have a 4 point cushion on them and a nice run of games to come. So its not utterly implausible with a couple of shrewd signings for us to put a challenge in for fourth.

We all know that biggest issue we have is our squad depth as we saw during that embarrassment against the Slovenian Dog and Duck, but that could yet be addressed.

Chances are its not going to happen, but its nice to have that conversation again if nothing else.

The fact is if we win our game in hand we are 4th 14 games into the season so the conversation can be had without feeling like knees are being jerked.

Knuckle-Dragging Derby (West Ham V Chavs) this weekend too..... Should help our cause.

Also:

Wolves / Liverpool
Utd / Palace
Everton / Goons

Wow that’s absurd. Those top 3 greedy cunts are hoarding all the goals.
That's because they are the only 3 teams in the league that play on the front foot and actively seek to destroy the opposition.

Everyone else happy defending a lead if they go in front. History tells you that method doesn't really work out well, especially in the PL.

4th place is the goal this season. We won't catch the top 3 and we should not settle for just top 6. With Conte and the squad we have, no reason we should not be fighting United, West Ham, Woolwich for 4th.

giphy.gif

I don't know why I do this to myself :contepray:

Well at least we aren’t as deluded as a handful of United fans on redcafe who think they can still challenge for the title just because they squeaked out a draw to Chelsea and win against Woolwich.

Back
Top Bottom