BRENTFORD AT HOME - THURSDAY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't know what game you were watching, but I saw no ability to build from the back at all. In fact, we're woeful in that department.
Defo I didn’t see us move the ball from back to fro t at all. It was the usual pass it to each other before a pump up field as we have no midfielder to collect the ball and out forwards stand next to each other. Most of our attacks were from either a press or counter.

Somebody said Kane's shooting was dreadful. He had one chance and missed but after that did a brilliant ball for the 2nd goal (he did another earlier that they didn't capitalize on).

Kane is a rare English talent. He is better than any other centre-forward, James Toney, Tammy Abraham, Oli Watkins, Calvert-Lewin, have I left anyone out??

Point is, the media hate Tottenham Hotspur and yet you have people on here who "claim" to be Spurs fans wanting to get rid of him just because he isn't winning the golden boot as he has almost every season yet never got footballer of the year from the press or the FA or EPL.

But he is the LAST Spurs England player and is the Captain of England. Some of you lot want Woolwich or Chelsea to dominate England. You must be mad!

I wanna see Olver Skipp given a cap, Tanganga as well. They are better than some of the Chelsea reserves they pick coz Steve Holland is number 2. If Spurs get higher in the league Southgate might go crazy and pick Dier or even Dele again. Then I watch England with 3 or 4 Spurs guys in the team and the media are tearing their hair out.

But mainly Harry Kane is the England captain and he plays for Tottenham Hotspur. So get off his back!

My fave part of the game.

The collective sigh from the crowd when Winks got the ball in the middle of the park ..... then played the best pass of the game setting up Son with a defence splitting through ball.

The collective sigh from the crowd when Winks got the ball in the middle of the park ..... then played the best pass of the game setting up Son with a defence splitting through ball.
It was a good pass, but Kane’s pass to Lucas on the right wing required about 10X the technique.

The talent is definetely not there when you compare it to United, but Conte can work miracles. I wouldn't mind any position this year as long as we finish above the scum. If we get top 4, then we're in a very good position for the next season, but I'm not expecting this.
I don't think we are that far behind United tbh. United have bigger names but just like Dele, most of their players are a shadow of themselves.

Striker - Kane v Ronaldo. Both are great.
Wings - Son/Lucas v Rashford/Sancho. Son is easily the best but overall you could make a case to be even.
AM - Bruno is way better than anyone we have.
defensive midfield - Skipp/Hojbjerg are better than McT and Fred
Fullbacks - different systems so hard to judge but Shaw has been awful this season and AWB is terrible going forward. They have flaws just like us.
CBs - Dier is just like Maguire. Some good games, then horrible errors. Varane like Romero, talented but not available enough.
GK - De Gea has been great this year just like Lloris.

So overall I would say the talent gap is not nearly as big as people make it out. We just have been held back by horrible tactics and training. Conte will improve everyone.

The walk from Seven Sisters is hell.

Why is there no tube station near the stadium?
To keep fat fuckers like you slim.
fat honey boo boo GIF

Somebody said Kane's shooting was dreadful. He had one chance and missed but after that did a brilliant ball for the 2nd goal (he did another earlier that they didn't capitalize on).

Kane is a rare English talent. He is better than any other centre-forward, James Toney, Tammy Abraham, Oli Watkins, Calvert-Lewin, have I left anyone out??

Point is, the media hate Tottenham Hotspur and yet you have people on here who "claim" to be Spurs fans wanting to get rid of him just because he isn't winning the golden boot as he has almost every season yet never got footballer of the year from the press or the FA or EPL.

But he is the LAST Spurs England player and is the Captain of England. Some of you lot want Woolwich or Chelsea to dominate England. You must be mad!

I wanna see Olver Skipp given a cap, Tanganga as well. They are better than some of the Chelsea reserves they pick coz Steve Holland is number 2. If Spurs get higher in the league Southgate might go crazy and pick Dier or even Dele again. Then I watch England with 3 or 4 Spurs guys in the team and the media are tearing their hair out.

But mainly Harry Kane is the England captain and he plays for Tottenham Hotspur. So get off his back!
He’s still a snake

I don't really rate Winks, but I feel than under Conte he might actually surprise us with many good games. He'll never see pass like Eriksen, but he's good as playing it fast and decent at retention and transition. Our main problem was that we relied on individual moments of brilliance and it was never happening to Winks, but as a cog in a well oiled machine he might actually do his job.

Happy to bag the win which is the main thing it's good we are in touching distance of the top four considering all the doom and gloom of the Nuno reign we are not too badly off and bit of business in Jan and who knows .Am certainly more hopeful than a while back .

lot more energy about the team, seemed to be an attacking plan with more players getting into the box,
defending corners/thown ins, was poor players not seeming to judge flight of ball but did get second ball

Back
Top Bottom