Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Since Kane scored against Newcastle and was “definitely going to go on a run now” we’ve played 9 games and he’s scored 1 goal against Mura and has 0 assists

But score against Norwich and he’s definitely “back”, just like he was after San Marino

And if he doesn’t score, it’s ok because he might pass it 3 times…..and probably go on a run in January, scoring 19 goals

What Conte really means"

"If I don't start the Kane, he's transfer will go to the zero value, and I have little money to spend on the upcoming transfers."

“I think to start the game without Harry is a bit difficult for me.

“Honestly, we are talking about an important player for us, an important player for all.

“In this moment, I am answering in this way. I hope later to improve the situation, to improve the confidence of all players, and to see that maybe without Harry we can cover the situation, not in the same way, but in a way that can be good to get three points.

“In this moment, honestly, I don’t see this team starting without Harry.”

Translation:
In this moment I have no replacement signed…..yet

What Conte really means"

"If I don't start the Kane, he's transfer will go to the zero value, and I have little money to spend on the upcoming transfers."

Brady Bunch Jan GIF by MOODMAN

Think Conte is just a massive Kane fanboy and will be doing anything he can to keep him at the club, which is very exciting! Personally hope to see him in the lineup for many a season to come.

“I think to start the game without Harry is a bit difficult for me.

“Honestly, we are talking about an important player for us, an important player for all.

“In this moment, I am answering in this way. I hope later to improve the situation, to improve the confidence of all players, and to see that maybe without Harry we can cover the situation, not in the same way, but in a way that can be good to get three points.

“In this moment, honestly, I don’t see this team starting without Harry.”

Translation:
In this moment I have no replacement signed…..yet
Also Conte:

"Dele is a top top talent."

:goonermong:

Think Conte is just a massive Kane fanboy and will be doing anything he can to keep him at the club, which is very exciting! Personally hope to see him in the lineup for many a season to come.
Before joining Spurs:

"I'll be working with the world class striker, Harry Kane."

***Watches Kane play a few games and watching Kane lose the ball 23 times to Mura***

"After three weeks I am starting to understand the situation. It is not simple. At this moment the level at Tottenham is not so high."

Before joining Spurs:

"I'll be working with the world class striker, Harry Kane."

***Watches Kane play a few games and watching Kane lose the ball 23 times to Mura***

"After three weeks I am starting to understand the situation. It is not simple. At this moment the level at Tottenham is not so high."

Are you dense? Why would you think he's referring to Kane in the below quote?

He's referring to the ENTIRE squad, not one player. Kane is a brilliant striker but he's not the whole team, silly.

Are you dense? Why would you think he's referring to Kane in the below quote?

He's referring to the ENTIRE squad, not one player. Kane is a brilliant striker but he's not the whole team, silly.

What do you think this means?

and to see that maybe without Harry we can cover the situation, not in the same way, but in a way that can be good to get three points.

Do you think it means he wants to carry on in the same way?

It's a completely reasonable opinion to think that:
  1. Kane should probably play 25%-30% less minutes over the course of a season.
  2. That if he did, we'd perform better over the course of a season.
  3. That some of our best performances in our biggest matches over the past few seasons were without Kane available.
  4. That if Kane played less minutes he might prolong his career at the top-level.

What do you think this means?

and to see that maybe without Harry we can cover the situation, not in the same way, but in a way that can be good to get three points.

Do you think it means, he wants to carry on in the same way?

I think it means he wants other alternatives which offer the team different a different dynamic when necessary to change things up, which is good. If Kane isn't working in a game and we have a striker on the bench who offers a more direct threat, then great.

Also very, very clear from Conte's quotes before he arrived at the club and from when he got here, that he's a huge admirer of what Kane offers, he couldn't make it more clear. Been more complimentary of him than any other player at the club.

Hopefully he can convince him to sign a new contract, and we can go in to the next 3-4 years with Kane in the team.

I think it means he wants other alternatives which offer the team different a different dynamic when necessary to change things up, which is good. If Kane isn't working in a game and we have a striker on the bench who offers a more direct threat, then great.

Also very, very clear from Conte's quotes before he arrived at the club and from when he got here, that he's a huge admirer of what Kane offers, he couldn't make it more clear. Been more complimentary of him than any other player at the club.

Hopefully he can convince him to sign a new contract, and we can go in to the next 3-4 years with Kane in the team.
That should tell you that he's trying to put Kane on the market and playing Kane up. A striker with 1 goal in 12 apps and a 4% goal conversion rate should not be praised, whatsoever.

That should tell you that he's trying to put Kane on the market and playing Kane up. A striker with 1 goal in 12 apps and a 4% goal conversion rate should not be praised, whatsoever.

Yeah if you have an agenda against the player and want to twist quotes in order to suit a vendetta you have, sure. Personally considering what Conte said about the player before he joined (during the Euros) I'm gonna go ahead and say he is an admirer and delighted to be coaching him.

He believes (correctly) Kane will come out of a period of bad scoring form, and is still aware of what he's offering the team other than goals. Smart management.

Yeah if you have an agenda against the player and want to twist quotes in order to suit a vendetta you have, sure. Personally considering what Conte said about the player before he joined (during the Euros) I'm gonna go ahead and say he is an admirer and delighted to be coaching him.

He believes (correctly) Kane will come out of a period of bad scoring form, and is still aware of what he's offering the team other than goals. Smart management.
:harrylol:

It’s clear from Contes quotes after seeing Kane this season that he’s preparing the team for life without him.

You’re hopes and dreams about a 33 yr old Kane walking around the pitch are irrelevant

The manager has just said we need to change things, but at this moment he has to play Kane.

Writings on the wall for him. I told you before he will be politely phased out and then replaced, Conte won’t put a Kanes personal records before his own reputation and the clubs silverware.
Thankfully

It’s clear from Contes quotes after seeing Kane this season that he’s preparing the team for life without him.

You’re hopes and dreams about a 33 yr old Kane walking around the pitch are irrelevant

The manager has just said we need to change things, but at this moment he has to play Kane.

Writings on the wall for him. I told you before he will be politely phased out and then replaced, Conte won’t put a Kanes personal records before his own reputation and the clubs silverware.
Thankfully
He knows that team's aren't exactly lined up to sign him. I mean... who the fuck wants a 29 year old striker with 1 goal in 12 apps and a 4% goal conversion rate for 75 million?

He needs to hype the shit out of him to get even 60 million for him.

Back
Top Bottom