Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur | Thursday 16 Dec | 19:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well, keep them/you at home and let the rest continue?
If at risk people are taking it seriously, they wouldn't be happy with their kids/relatives etc going out mixing and then popping in so would stop it. Then the family members that need to shield would fall in line.
I’m not at risk of it doing me any damage, just making the point that there are some out there, and saying ‘fuck it if they die they die, as long as we can carry on with our lives’ is a bit shitty imo

Well so far this midweek we've had 30% of games off. Two of those called off on the day. Lots in the lower leagues as well.

Personally I'd like to know before I wake up on Sunday morning if I need to travel to the game, which at the moment certainly isn't possible to say.

I get that and appreciate what you're saying, the flip side is that many fixtures have gone ahead.

we are already playing catch up. in the event that ourselves and Liverpool are able to play on sunday it'd be mad to call it off. some games will be called off, sure. that's fine.

if we're over the worst of it we need to catch up - no reason not to play sunday.

it'd be a very messy situation if we had 6/7 games to fit in and europe while everyone else had 3/4.

I’m not at risk of it doing me any damage, just making the point that there are some out there, and saying ‘fuck it if they die they die, as long as we can carry on with our lives’ is a bit shitty imo
Who said that? Who used those words?

I said we needed to conduct a risk assessment that's a world apart from "fuck it, if they die the die.

I tell you what

Fuck you Larry. Fuck you.

I'm not saying Leicester wanted to 'catch' covid ...But they did have 9 players injured.

Leicester players on the phone to PL:

Sick Mean Girls GIF

Sadly, not today.

The ones at risk are far outnumbered by those that aren't.

What I find interesting is that we get daily reports about how many new positive cases of (any) covid there are.
Whooptydo.
I had it. I got phone calls every single day for 10 days. At absolutely no point did the caller ask me if I was ok. Not once. All they cared about was making sure I was at home isolating.
We need to get a grip on what the actual effect is on the population. I don't care of 70k new positives were recorded yesterday if 99% of them are all perfectly ok. Moreover, I don't really want 70k working adults or children in education, who are perfectly ok, to have to lock themselves away if they're ok and if their peers are ok and not at risk.

Really, the only risk groups now should be the very old and the unvaccinated adults. It seems most kids barely notice they have it.

Why do I have this strange feeling that Leicester have been padding out their covid numbers somewhat because what they've actually got is an injury crisis.

They've probably got one player that is positive, and he's taken about 10 tests and submitted them in various other players names.

Some people over here are hypocritical. They don't believe that Spurs catched covid on purpose and lied (which is definetely not the case), but Leicester somehow did it on purpose to cancel the game. COVID is real shit, it's just bad luck for the teams.

Why do I have this strange feeling that Leicester have been padding out their covid numbers somewhat because what they've actually got is an injury crisis.

They've probably got one player that is positive, and he's taken about 10 tests and submitted them in various other players names.

hmmm,

Since it's a private medical matter I wonder are you obliged to share your results with the Premier league? you'd presume not.

So technically (not suggesting they did) could they have said "Listen PL 3 more positives this morn, along with our injuries that puts us at 15 unplayable so per the precedent set for Spurs and United you'll need to postpone, as we requested 2 days ago. cheers"

I don' buy it..........but ..............

Ok so him going to try and be positive. This will give conte about ten days to train the recovered players for Liverpool. Now the way this thing is going by next week the Scousers might have lost a few to Covid probably three......

Salah, VVD, Mane.
They lose even one of those 3 and Klopp will demand the game is postponed!

If it did get postponed until January then I think Salah and Mane would be at AFCON :levyeyes:

Who said that? Who used those words?

I said we needed to conduct a risk assessment that's a world apart from "fuck it, if they die the die.

I tell you what

Fuck you Larry. Fuck you.
Mate you said that we should work out how many will die and if it’s a low number then just crack on with our lives

It’s there in black and white

Apologies for putting those words in your mouth though, but the same sentiment was there

Mate you said that we should work out how many will die and if it’s a low number then just crack on with our lives

It’s there in black and white
It's called a risk assessment, people die all the time of a variety of causes.

People die in road traffic accidents all the time, we can prevent this by banning cars.

Should we Larry or do you not care Larry? Are you just like "Fuck it let them die"

That's how ridiculous you sound to me

Back
Top Bottom