Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool | Sunday 19 Dec | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

VVD missing if still true is a big positive, but then that positivity soon diminishes when I’m hearing we are going to be starting useless cunts like Ali, Bergwijn, Winks, Doherty and GLC etc. how many more chances do these guys need ? Honestly rather play a half fit Son etc over these bunch of clowns

VVD missing if still true is a big positive, but then that positivity soon diminishes when I’m hearing we are going to be starting useless cunts like Ali, Bergwijn, Winks, Doherty and GLC etc. how many more chances do these guys need ? Honestly rather play a half fit Son etc over these bunch of clowns

If Hojbjerg isn’t available I could probably live with below although not ideal.

Lloris
Sanchez Dier Davies
Royal Skipp Lo Celso Sessengnon
Lucas Kane Son

Fifa has spoken , we were surprisingly comfortable despite ending the half 2-1 down . Sonny made it 2-2 & with Gil coming on in the 80th min to tap home the winner on 87 minutes. The crowd went wild

He's had botox, someone's broken his nose, he's grown a little beard and turned into someone else, since the last time I saw him. Super Sub!

He declared a major incident not a state of emergency, seriously it’s this unnecessary exaggeration that is causing all the problems.
Looks like an escalating problem though, no? The most new cases in London in 24 hours, since the start of the pandemic. So a worse 24 hour period than any other for London, in 2 years.

It doesn't matter mate we roll over for Liverpool every season whether we have a strong team or not.

If Hojbjerg isn’t available I could probably live with below although not ideal.

Lloris
Sanchez Dier Davies
Royal Skipp Lo Celso Sessengnon
Lucas Kane Son
Skipp more important than PEH so I hope he's fit. Wouldn't mind Lo Celso getting a go just please not Winks.

Reguilon is the big one for me. Need someone who can give Trent something to think about going the other way.

Get a load of this

Tottenham Hotspur - News
Latest NewsPlayersTransfersSocial Wall
Spurs ace Son: I want to make it horrible for Liverpool
by Paul Vegas13 hours ago
SHARE THE LOVE

Tottenham Hotspur star Heung-min Son admits he enjoys watching Liverpool.

Spurs welcome Liverpool to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Sunday.

“Liverpool are a really, really strong team and when I watch their games I really enjoy them because the way they play is really fun to watch as a football fan," said the South Korea international in an interview with Sky Sports.

“So it's going to be a massive, massive game and it means something to us as well.

“I don't want them to think that they can come here and get three points easily. I don't want to give them an easy three points.

“I want to take the three points from them because it's our home.

“I want to make it a horrible afternoon on Sunday… 'Come to London, it's going to be a really tough game'… that's our aim."

Many tickets on the exchange?
Mine is..... Didn't wanna put it on there, but I gotta put family/safety first...
but I can't even shift it... so I don't even get my money back on a game I woulda definitely gone to in any other circumstance than this one!

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather stay safe (!) ..and was secretly still hoping they'd call it off... But then we'd end up with more games in hand than we'd actually played! So that's a non-starter!

...but if the game goes ahead and it means we win, and I'm not there, I'll take it. (even though, from a selfish POV it would still feel bittersweet)

The alternative is we lose and I was there to witness the full horror!!!

OR a dour 0-0 that everyone wishes they'd not bothered going to... yeah, that'll do me!

Mine is..... Didn't wanna put it on there, but I gotta put family/safety first...
but I can't even shift it... so I don't even get my money back on a game I woulda definitely gone to in any other circumstance than this one!

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather stay safe (!) ..and was secretly still hoping they'd call it off... But then we'd end up with more games in hand than we'd actually played! So that's a non-starter!

...but if the game goes ahead and it means we win, and I'm not there, I'll take it. (even though, from a selfish POV it would still feel bittersweet)

The alternative is we lose and I was there to witness the full horror!!!

OR a dour 0-0 that everyone wishes they'd not bothered going to... yeah, that'll do me!
I think the right thing here would be to hold the game, without a crowd. It's not what anybody would want, but it's surely the right thing to do for the public and the game still goes ahead, so we can watch it and don't have another one carried over. Not an easy call mind, but getting the feeling we should be heading in that direction.

Last year we didn't roll over, they snatched a last minute winner after Bergwijn missed two sitters.

"Always" and "roll over" are both massive exaggerations. We're pretty much the only team Klopp hasn't given a pasting since he arrived.

In fact, in the 13 games since Aug 14, only twice have they beat us by more than one goal (and one of those was the skanky CL final!)... Also inc. 4 draws and 1 x Spurs win.

Back
Top Bottom