Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool | Sunday 19 Dec | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great effort by the whole team, togetherness led to Liverpool getting man sent off. Good to see Spurs teammates sticking up for each other when there's a bad foul.

Lot of players were rusty but they nearly pulled off a terrific win but it was the most entertaining match of the season even though Martin Tyler cannot scream a Tottenham goal in!!?! His hatred of Spurs shows how unprofessional he is.

Anyway well done team!

I explain why I don't like posts, not why I don't like the poster.
I have always been a critic to the habit of slavishly following stats, rather than actually watching the game and understanding what is happening, based on what people see.

Too many posters on here are stat driven and don't seem to watch the game and appreciate what is actually happening. It's not science and if you have played the game at organised league level you should be able to appreciate what is good and what is skilful.
Spurs should have won the game on the chances they created, but Liverpool showed why they are so efficient by scoring two goals out of the only two real open opportunities they had.
It was an unprovoked attack, particularly on a poster who I’ve not seen engage in hostility on this board.

Plus it’s their prerogative how they enjoy the game.

We know our squad has flaws and needs a revamp but it was never as bad as it has been showing the last 2 years or so, give it a manager who can coach a good style of football.

Be curious to see who we sell in Jan, see the players Conte doesn’t think even he can fix.

We know our squad has flaws and needs a revamp but it was never as bad as it has been showing the last 2 years or so, give it a manager who can coach a good style of football.

Be curious to see who we sell in Jan, see the players Conte doesn’t think even he can fix.

We'll get a much clearer view in the summer....

A couple of quality acquisitions in Jan is far more important than a mass clear-out... Especially if it takes our attention away from the former.

Overall immense performance against probably one of the top 3 sides in Europe. Despite having an entirely new starting midfield. Good to see Dele and Winks play well. I’ll leave the what to do with them decision up to the experts. Back line was excellent. Liverpool’s goals weren’t necessarily anyone’s fault, just plays where the ball bounced around a bit and they had excellent players make great plays. They are one of the highest scoring teams in the world for a reason. Room for improvement no doubt. Missed chances, some sloppy give aways, and I definitely think we need competition for Royal. He’s a battler but I’ve yet to see him do anything really well.

We'd of all taken a point before the game started but we probably should of had all three. The attitude is what is impressing me at the moment. The togetherness is starting to build again and I'm starting to feel like we are going to get results again instead of dreading the game expecting the worst.

Back
Top Bottom