League Cup Quarterfinal: Tottenham vs West Ham | Wednesday 22 Dec | 19:45 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They actually expect to beat us 😅where did they earn that right. 36 years supporting spurs i think last year was first year they finished above us

Last year was the 20th anniversary of the last time... Once every 2 decades I can handle. :contelol:

...Just about. :angryscouser:

So here it is, Merry Christmas,
Everybody's having fun
West Ham lost their Cup Final
To Tott-en-ham two one-un-un
And so is it Christmas,
And what have you done,
Your season is over,
You just lost 2-1
And SO IT IS CHRISTMAS,
Put logs on the fire,
And finally realise,
You're so fucking dire

Seasons over, fuck your bubbles,
Seasons over, na na na na

Atmosphere was good. I'm glad I went, was relatively safe in terms of covid. It wasn't packed so made distancing easier. Not an issue, but nice to see families out over Christmas holidays taking in the game whilst they can. Lots of kids today which I'm sure they enjoyed the experience.

Not a bad performance in all. I'll be honest I wasn't that comfortable watching us defend the lead for the whole 2nd half. Might have been a different story if they had Antonio up front. Also thought rice was good especially on the ball. Good feet in tight areas, drives the ball forward. Really think he could get into any PL given the role he plays. He'll get a big money move soon no doubt. Before I get attacked for praising an opposition player, part of the uniqueness of supporting spurs is appreciating good football, even if it was for an opposition player. I clapped Messi when he scored against us at Wembley. Its part of our tradition to embrace stylish football which is why the recent anti football we've had has been frustrating.

I think we need to keep all our players in January and only add more. Schedule is going to be busy so let's try to build on the recent performances by Winks, Dele, Doherty and Bergwijn.

I thought Doherty had a really good game. His crossing is far superior to Emerson and actually he defended the crosses against masuaku really well. I think he feels more confident playing RWB. Emerson is more RB.
Hugo made some great saves and gets MOTM. We paid the price playing Vorm against Norwich in the fa Cup 2 seasons ago. Lesson learnt. Bin Gollini this window. Promote Austin to no. 2.

Clever tactic by conte playing docherty earlier. Knew west ham were dangerous at set pieces and powerful. Really is a master tactician conte. Very impressed. Poch was a genius imo but conte is an exceptional appointment.

Care to elaborate??
Did any of them pipe up in the South Stand in the end...? or was it all online bravado and flim-flam??
I will say, I am not interested in it and I walked straight to my gate. As I looked behind when I got through the cordon I heard a faint sound of "irons" then about 100 spurs running towards the West Stand; saw someone on the floor.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom