Tottenham Vs Palace - Boxing day - 3pm (Live on BT Sport)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SpiderSpurs

Supporter
🪃🦘 Bonza!! 🦘🪃
palace.png

Edit - Live on BT Sport.

Last edited:
Why are we playing Palace for the 2nd time before we've finished the first round of 19 games...... Even if you disregard the post-poned games, we've not faced S'oton yet.

Thought 'play everyone once; then reverse the fixtures' was the fundamental basis for the fixture list....???

:sonhmm:

Why are we playing Palace for the 2nd time before we've finished the first round of 19 games...... Even if you disregard the post-poned games, we've not faced S'oton yet.

Thought 'play everyone once; then reverse the fixtures' was the fundamental basis for the fixture list....???

That's odd. If we had had no postponed games we would have played 18 games with one more to play to reach half way through the fixture list.
The next game should have been Southampton, the only team yet to face us (including the postponed games). That said, we do play them 2 days after the Palace game.
If the Palace and Southampton games had been reversed, everything would havebeen fine.

That's odd. If we had had no postponed games we would have played 18 games with one more to play to reach half way through the fixture list.
The next game should have been Southampton, the only team yet to face us (including the postponed games). That said, we do play them 2 days after the Palace game.
If the Palace and Southampton games had been reversed, everything would havebeen fine.
I've just checked Woolwich's fixtures. They have exact same situation with Norwich and Wolves.

Could be an interesting period for rotation - Palace on Sunday 26th, Southampton Tuesday 28th and Watford on Saturday 1st January...... before a weeks rest before facing Morecombe in FA Cup

I think we start with a fairly strong team with a plan to sub a few players eg Tanganga on for Reguilon at 60 mins as with Sessegnon injured and Davies seemingly a fixture at LCB we do not have tio many rotation options.

Lloris
Sanchez, Dier, Davies
Royal, Skipp, Winks, Reguilon
Dele
Kane, Son
Subs: Gollini, Tanganga, Doherty, Rodon, Hojbjerg, Lo Celso, Ndombele. Moura, Bergwijn

Subs more or less pick themselves with Gil the only fit first team squad member to miss out, unless we bring in Scarlett or other u23's ?

Could be an interesting period for rotation - Palace on Sunday 26th, Southampton Tuesday 28th and Watford on Saturday 1st January...... before a weeks rest before facing Morecombe in FA Cup

I think we start with a fairly strong team with a plan to sub a few players eg Tanganga on for Reguilon at 60 mins as with Sessegnon injured and Davies seemingly a fixture at LCB we do not have tio many rotation options.

Lloris
Sanchez, Dier, Davies
Royal, Skipp, Winks, Reguilon
Dele
Kane, Son
Subs: Gollini, Tanganga, Doherty, Rodon, Hojbjerg, Lo Celso, Ndombele. Moura, Bergwijn

Subs more or less pick themselves with Gil the only fit first team squad member to miss out, unless we bring in Scarlett or other u23's ?

I wonder -- if we have any week-long gaps between games -- whether we'll get one of our postponed fixtures played in the middle of that week.

team for palace: lloris; sanchez, dier, davies; emerson, ndombele, winks, dele, reg; kane, son

2 days later, southampton: lloris; sanchez, dier, davies; doherty, skipp, hojbjerg, reg; lucas, kane, berg

4 days after that, watford: lloris; sanchez, dier, davies; emerson, ndombele, winks, dele, reg; kane, son

3 days after that, Chelsea 1st leg: lloris; sanchez, dier, davies; doherty, skipp, hojbjerg, reg; lucas, kane, son

5 days after that, Morecambe: gollini; emerson, rodon, tanganga; doherty, ndombele, winks, dele, sess (??); berg, lucas

2 days after that, Chelsea 2nd leg: lloris; sanchez, dier, davies; emerson, hojbjerg, winks, skipp, reg; kane, son

5 days after that, Woolwich: lloris; sanchez, dier, davies; emerson, skipp, hojbjerg, reg; lucas, kane, son

Hopefully, we will sign two or three players for the first team during this run of games, meaning we can rotate a bit more. I wouldn't say no to Brozovic and Perisic. Another centre half so we don't have to flog Sanchez/Dier/Davies quite so much during this run would also help.

team for palace: lloris; sanchez, dier, davies; emerson, ndombele, winks, dele, reg; kane, son

2 days later, southampton: lloris; sanchez, dier, davies; doherty, skipp, hojbjerg, reg; lucas, kane, berg

4 days after that, watford: lloris; sanchez, dier, davies; emerson, ndombele, winks, dele, reg; kane, son

3 days after that, Chelsea 1st leg: lloris; sanchez, dier, davies; doherty, skipp, hojbjerg, reg; lucas, kane, son

5 days after that, Morecambe: gollini; emerson, rodon, tanganga; doherty, ndombele, winks, dele, sess (??); berg, lucas

2 days after that, Chelsea 2nd leg: lloris; sanchez, dier, davies; emerson, hojbjerg, winks, skipp, reg; kane, son

5 days after that, Woolwich: lloris; sanchez, dier, davies; emerson, skipp, hojbjerg, reg; lucas, kane, son

Hopefully, we will sign two or three players for the first team during this run of games, meaning we can rotate a bit more. I wouldn't say no to Brozovic and Perisic. Another centre half so we don't have to flog Sanchez/Dier/Davies quite so much during this run would also help.
You my friend. Have an impressive amount of time on your hands.

Funny thing is, I agree with most of them.

Frankly though, after the last two games, I don't think there isn't a player who I would be upset at seeing start.

Hell, we could start Dele, Bergie, and Winks and I'd feel ok.

...it's weird saying that.

Frankly though, after the last two games, I don't think there isn't a player who I would be upset at seeing start.

I just hope we can sign a couple of players, it'll make Conte's life a lot easier.

Excellent work.

Good post, and whilst I agree with it on paper, player fitness/injury/covid are all going to make a mockery of any long term planning - best eleven available on the day and best use of substitutes, that has to be the way forward, pretty much what Conte said last night.

Oh dear…

Players no longer have to fight the feeling of being extras in Harry Kane team.

Back
Top Bottom