League Cup Quarterfinal: Tottenham vs West Ham | Wednesday 22 Dec | 19:45 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What was racist about any of the Sol abuse?

It’s a load of bullshit made up by Westham fans to justify a large majority of their supporters being anti Semitic chavs. Every time we get an incident of this nature, all they ever fire back at us is “ but, it’s ok for you lot to be racist with Sol Campbell “ , which like clockwork, they spout back every single time their rotten supporters get caught out. I’m sure Sol Campbell received vile racist abuse by a very small minority, but Sol Campbell getting abused was literally nothing to do with his colour. He was hated for joining our fiercest rivals. Westham fans are bunch of chavvy anti Semitic pieces of shit

It’s a load of bullshit made up by Westham fans to justify a large majority of their supporters being anti Semitic chavs. Every time we get an incident of this nature, all they ever fire back at us is “ but, it’s ok for you lot to be racist with Sol Campbell “ , which like clockwork, they spout back every single time their rotten supporters get caught out. I’m sure Sol Campbell received vile racist abuse by a very small minority, but Sol Campbell getting abused was literally nothing to do with his colour. He was hated for joining our fiercest rivals. Westham fans are bunch of chavvy anti Semitic pieces of shit
The thing they bring up is the the blow up hung over the clock on the high road.
Echoes of slavery and the southern states.
Yeah, i am sure that was on peoples minds when they did it...

The "famous" song about Sol was tarnished as racist and homophobic. It was neither. Non black people have been hung from a tree, Including Judas himself, who supposedly hung himself. So the idea we wanted him swinging from a tree because we're racist isn't even in keeping with the rest of the song, let alone real life.
The reference to having HIV was labelled homophobic. Last time I checked heterosexual people get HIV too. more to the point though, HIV happens to rhyme with tree. That's it. Don't think there's special underlying meanings. It rhymes and is in keeping with the hate level.

That PEH pass to Stevie B won't get the praise it deserves.

Absolutely perfect.
I said it in the Pierre thread, but I expect Conte to try to use him like how he used Vidal at Juve and Inter. As a "offensive DM" for lack of a better word. He will still press and win the ball, but do so further up the field and be allowed to take part in the attack with passes like that one.

We saw it last night when Winks came on. Winks dropped down to be the deep lying playmaker. And Pierre and Skipp pushed up and we just moved the "shield" further up the field.

Plus Campbell deserved it. I never liked the song for Adebayors parents though. That was disgusting.

Plus Campbell deserved it. I never liked the song for Adebayors parents though. That was disgusting.

Yes, you’re dad washes elephants and you’re mums a whore wasn’t funny. That I agree was unacceptable, but in general our fan base are not known for racist abuse and we completely don’t condone that. Westham fans are well known for being anti Semitic Jew haters.

Last edited:
The "famous" song about Sol was tarnished as racist and homophobic. It was neither. Non black people have been hung from a tree, Including Judas himself, who supposedly hung himself. So the idea we wanted him swinging from a tree because we're racist isn't even in keeping with the rest of the song, let alone real life.
The reference to having HIV was labelled homophobic. Last time I checked heterosexual people get HIV too. more to the point though, HIV happens to rhyme with tree. That's it. Don't think there's special underlying meanings. It rhymes and is in keeping with the hate level.

Didn't say it was but definitely homophobic

Why is it homophobic?

Did I see correctly that we have gone from being the team covering least ground to the team covering the most ground in the league under Conte?

At the time HIV was definitely linked to gay men and the hanging from a tree evoked memories of the US South.

But luckily now we have all matured, including me and are aware of hate speech unlike those wankers last night!

At the time HIV was definitely linked to gay men and the hanging from a tree evoked memories of the US South.

But luckily now we have all matured, including me and are aware of hate speech unlike those wankers last night!
You've literally read my perfectly fact based explanation as to why it was neither homophobic or racist, ignored it, then repeated back the same accusations I debunked.

Judas - The very name we call Sol was hung. Really not hard to put these two together and prove conclusively it had nothing to do with american slaves being hung by KKK

South Africa, the country with the highest rate of HIV in the world is made up of aprox 63% women. HIV hasn't been a gay man disease since the 80's. If that's what springs to your mind when you hear HIV then you need to look in the mirror.

As for the song, it was deeply unpleasant. I don't condone it. Nor do I condone singing about Woolwich fans on strings getting their heads kicked in.
Deeply unpleasant isn't racist nor homophobic.

You've literally read my perfectly fact based explanation as to why it was neither homophobic or racist, ignored it, then repeated back the same accusations I debunked.

Judas - The very name we call Sol was hung. Really not hard to put these two together and prove conclusively it had nothing to do with american slaves being hung by KKK

South Africa, the country with the highest rate of HIV in the world is made up of aprox 63% women. HIV hasn't been a gay man disease since the 80's. If that's what springs to your mind when you hear HIV then you need to look in the mirror.

As for the song, it was deeply unpleasant. I don't condone it. Nor do I condone singing about Woolwich fans on strings getting their heads kicked in.
Did you write the song?
You should be the expert on "Song Facts" with this type of perception?

This is all well and good but I wouldn't expect a bunch of neaderthals with missing teeth to understand this

This is all well and good but I wouldn't expect a bunch of neaderthals with missing teeth to understand this

I also wouldn't expect the Neanderthals that come up with it to have put much thought into the HIV part other than it rhyming with tree.

It kind of wrote itself. Lunacy because he had a breakdown. Tree because Judas hung and HIV because it rhymes with tree.
Lunacy
Tree
HIV

It reminds me of Shooter McGavin and Happy Gilmore.

It was quite obviously a homophobic reference.

Back
Top Bottom