Tottenham Vs Palace - Boxing day - 3pm (Live on BT Sport)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So many agenda merchants on here with so little to contribute.

Shame as outside 5-6 posters it’s the best and most authentic Spurs board on the web.
Be nice if we could perma ban by universal vote.

Really don’t see how those 5-6 posters add any value to this board.

Or even better, ban certain posters from specific threads. Imagine the Kane thread without Sammy or Lucas thread without igula or every thread without arcspace.

Classic clogger prick - hope we fuck him off asap
You're so weird. Firstly apparently not enjoying to the full a great Boxing Day win, secondly, picking out Hojberg for your necessary hatred of our players. Shame there was no Winks, and Dier and Sánchez played well, so lets pick someone else out....

Truth is that PEH had a very decent 6.5-7 game without doing anything special. You probably haven't noticed that that's entirely typical of central midfielders.

Do you honestly think that all the greats in that position - Guardiola, Redondo, Pirlo, Xabi Alonso and so on didn't play like Hoddle at his prime every game, pinging wonderballs around the field and ghosting past every opponent? Or Rice or Kanté today? Of course they don't, most of their games they keep things simple, win the ball, move it on, keep things ticking over. And they go in after a hard shift to huge praise from their managers and teammates.

Honesty, I despair sometimes

Last edited:
Wasn't overly impressed by our performance today, similar to the West Ham game.

But I never felt worried that we would lose or even concede. We look like a really difficult team to beat, albeit at home - but these are the foundations I expect and frequently see from title contenders dare I say it.. not just top 4 pushers.

As I said in the top 4 thread, Liverpool have been our only real test so far and for me we still looked really hard to beat.

Conte is really on to something here. He has polished turds.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're so weird. Firstly apparently not enjoying to the full a great Boxing Day win, secondly, picking out Hojberg for your necessary hathred of our players. Shame tere was no Winks, and Dier and Sánchez played well, so lets pick someomeone else out....

Truth is that PEH had a very decent 6.5-7 game without doing anything special. You probabably haven't noticed that that's entirely typical of central midfielders.

Do you honestly think that all the greats in that position - Guardiola, Redondo, Pirlo, Xabi Alonso and so on played like Hoddle at his prime every game, pinging wonderballs around the field and ghosting past every opponent? Or Rice or Kanté today? Of course they don't, most of their games they keep things simple, win the ball, move it on, keep things ticking over. And they go in after a hard shift to huge praise from their managers and teammates.

Reading the thread and admitted earlier he didn't even watch the game :contehandshead: This fucking place

Be nice if we could perma ban by universal vote.

Really don’t see how those 5-6 posters add any value to this board.

Or even better, ban certain posters from specific threads. Imagine the Kane thread without Sammy or Lucas thread without igula or every thread without arcspace.
TFC since the beginning has always lived and died by its commitment to extremely minimal moderation. I still find it preferable to the uber touchy and self-righteous moderation done over at SC and apparently at COYS (though I’ve never been over there).

Unfortunately over the years we’ve collected a fair share of those who aren’t welcome elsewhere, which has made things progressively worse. It’s also chased off some of the better posters who were staples here at the beginning.

Still wouldn’t change much around here though.

You're so weird. Firstly apparently not enjoying to the full a great Boxing Day win, secondly, picking out Hojberg for your necessary hatred of our players. Shame there was no Winks, and Dier and Sánchez played well, so lets pick someone else out....

Truth is that PEH had a very decent 6.5-7 game without doing anything special. You probabably haven't noticed that that's entirely typical of central midfielders.

Do you honestly think that all the greats in that position - Guardiola, Redondo, Pirlo, Xabi Alonso and so on played like Hoddle at his prime every game, pinging wonderballs around the field and ghosting past every opponent? Or Rice or Kanté today? Of course they don't, most of their games they keep things simple, win the ball, move it on, keep things ticking over. And they go in after a hard shift to huge praise from their managers and teammates.

Acknowledged he didn’t even watch the game and yet turns up only to ask how PEH played in a very enjoyable win. Bizarre.

Take 5, fella - you can’t polish a turd

All those horrible players continuously have let 4-5 managers down - coincidence?

The great thing about a comfortable win where every player has done his job, some better than others but all to a high standard, is that the likes of Igy, Iz and John Thomas have nothing valid to say .... if they do venture a troll or two they rightly they are put straight back in their boxes.

Great to have the 'happy' Spurs fans back filling the football threads.

The only definition for beige I can find is a colour.

I’d be careful using it as an adjective to describe a certain group of people. If you mean boring, why not just use the word boring?
Seems fairly obvious to me, it was a set up, beige was used in a loaded manner. I'd guess so that it kicked off an argument over some people being oversensitive to "potentially" racist connotation.

I wouldn't bother engaging any further.

Back
Top Bottom