Pre Assist

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They’re called ‘goal involvements’ these days.

The pre-assist stat was invented to explain Modric’s lack of goals and assists, yet it was felt he must be contributing something useful.

That broke down with Dembele, whose pre-pre assists had to be tallied to make sense of the man, and then the general ‘goal involvement’ stat. This was then made ridiculous because all Man City players - even their subs and goalies - always scored over 100 per season so long as they travelled on the same team bus.

Can you tell me who is our top and second pre assisters please since 2018 so I can learn about this part of the game

I can find big chances created but not “the pass to the guy who passes it to someone who scored.”

I think it’s called “passing” but not sure

Now you're confused about passing? - maybe stick to fishing less complicated.

I mean there is also GCA and SCA metrics that Kane is 4th and 3rd in for our club but I’m sure Sammy refuses to believe those stats are real either.

Some people who understand football rely on their own eyes to judge a good footballer, rather than blindly citing partially relevant stats to justify their incorrect opinion

Some people who understand football rely on their own eyes to judge a good footballer, rather than blindly citing partially relevant stats to justify their incorrect opinion
You need both. You can understand football but still miss things players do. We watch as fans, I doubt most fans rewatch full matches over and over catching every little thing a player does. That’s the coaches job.

If you’re watching Kane under Conte and still trying to say he’s shit because he’s not hanging in 3 goals a game. You don’t know football.

Nope .... as I said send over the registration fee and I'll get and share the data.

Why isn’t unit readily available and the inky place that has it is a computer game where you have to pay?

Is it because sites like Sky and the PL and BBC don’t really find it interesting enough to bother mentioning?

Back
Top Bottom