Southampton Vs Tottenham - 28th Dec - 3pm KO (Live On Amazon Prime)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People chatting about "We'd have lost against XI" need to can it..... It's a completely different game 11 v 11 and ironically we'd have probably been more dangerous as for the most part we're a counter-attacking team.

Can tell you didn’t watch this game.

Wink’s vertical passing was fantastic. Try looking up from your phone
Agree Winks passing was good today but he had a bit of a shocker besides that.

He dawdled on the ball badly a couple of times and his defensive awareness is really poor.

None of those saves were of a top quality though. Nothing shots you'd expect any keeper to make. You can have a back 4 and wide players and still have wingers it means you have more productive players putting balls in instead of the likes of sanchez and emerson. Conte got it completely wrong today and the moment I saw the starting line up my confidence of a win drained.
Can't disagree, but I hardly believe he would pick that line up if players like Skipp and Lucas were 100%. Also the opportunities weren't good, you are right. As I said, our attackers lets us down agains, our midfielder consisted of only one man and the wing backs were shite again. Nothing worked, but we weren't properly bad, still would won had the goals counted.

I'm not just saying this because it's us today, but they really need to change the VAR rules for offside. To me, if they draw a line and it's not clearly offside, then you should give it to the attacker. The spirit of the offside law is to stop goal-hanging, not rule out goals because someone's shoulder might be an inch ahead of the defender when the ball is played. Today's goal was class, and there have been many others by all different sides that get ruled out for this bollocks.

Meanwhile, far more debatable penalties don't get given and they go with the refs call. These cunt officials just make it up as they go along.

Will take a point all day long. First half performance wasn't great but we managed to get ourselves back into the game. We've had some rotten luck in that 2nd half with decisions, but considering that's our first away league game for ages I'm not gonna moan. Clearly we're limited with options which need addressing in January. Southampton have only lost 1 game at home all season so it was never gonna be a walk in the park.

Before the game a point wouldn't have been the worst thing ever, but we're chasing top four and you need to beat these sides.

But after the pen + red card which put us firmly in the drivers seat? Yeah, no way is this a good point at all.

So so so frustrated. We are crying out for a midfield passer who can play through the lines. Hojbjerg and Winks are just sideways, safe passers who have zero creativity.

Winks’ forward passes won us the penalty and also created a goal that was offside by a gnat’s pube.

We should be criticising the shite defending from a throw in that cost us a clean sheet more than anything. To score goals against a parked bus is never easy.

I'm not just saying this because it's us today, but they really need to change the VAR rules for offside. To me, if they draw a line and it's not clearly offside, then you should give it to the attacker. The spirit of the offside law is to stop goal-hanging, not rule out goals because someone's shoulder might be an inch ahead of the defender when the ball is played. Today's goal was class, and there have been many others by all different sides that get ruled out for this bollocks.

Meanwhile, far more debatable penalties don't get given and they go with the refs call. These cunt officials just make it up as they go along.

The thing is they did, they said that they're gonna give the benefit of the doubt to strikers and take away that armpit advantage shit

But you know today they kinda fucked it.

Switching Sanchez and dier might have been a good option… Dier is a great crosser and better with the ball.
Could have just taken Dier ,who made another mess today, off entirely (or Davies) and brought on an attacker or midfield play. They arent used to creating or scoring goals, why have them on when we need one and have an extra player on the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom