Watford VS Tottenham Saturday Jan 1st 2022 @3PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

7XfEkwI.jpg

Gollini, Doherty, Rodon, Tanganga, Winks, Ndombele, Gil, Markanday, Dele
Very sensible and normal selection for you?

Sorry Ealesy beat me to it

On paper Ndombele and Skipp is the best partnership we have, unfortunately I don’t think we will see Tanguy starting games so I’d probably go with Winks next to Skipp.
I would give Tanganga a start to freshen up the squad, most likely over Sanchez (who has played well recently).
Lucas needs to come back in, Dele shouldn’t be seeing minutes. I wouldn’t mind seeing Bergwijn starting as RWB but expect Emerson to play. Don’t want to see Doherty playing, he should be leaving soon. Reguilon will play, then hopefully Sessegnon can start some of the following games.

because the most important thing during this season is to value every single player of the squad, to understand who can remain and who has to go

Considering we have a genuine chance at top four and have a further 2 cups to fight for; I'd strongly disagree.

Conte is on an 18 month deal; not 5-10 years.

Considering we have a genuine chance at top four and have a further 2 cups to fight for; I'd strongly disagree.

Conte is on an 18 month deal; not 5-10 years.
top four means nothing if at the end of the year we still don't know who are the reliable players for his type of game.

conte want to win trophies, and to do that he needs some time to build a solid base, maybe more then 2 years.
he explained that in a press conference, some weeks ago.

said that, he is a genious coach, even with rotations he could be able to reach the 4th position

top four means nothing if at the end of the year we still don't know who are the reliable players for his type of game.

Nah..... It will very much mean something..... More money to spend on this so-called revamp for starters and the ability to atrack players that simply weren't interested in joining a non-PL club last summer...

eg. Kounde & Torres.

conte want to win trophies, and to do that he needs some time to build a solid base, maybe more then 2 years.
he explained that in a press conference, some weeks ago.

That doesn't mean that this season is a dummy run.....

said that, he is a genious coach, even with rotations he could be able to reach the 4th position

I guess we should have smashed Southampton 5-0 a couple of days ago then...... And beat Mura... Oh wait.

Nah..... It will very much mean something..... More money to spend on this so-called revamp for starters and the ability to atrack players that simply weren't interested in joining a non-PL club last summer...

eg. Kounde & Torres.

you're dreaming

That doesn't mean that this season is a dummy run.....

I never said that

I guess we should have smashed Southampton 5-0 a couple of days ago then...... And beat Mura... Oh wait.
I guess that he has to win every match to prove you how good he is. oh wait

with watford and other "easy" matches

All of which are essential games in our quest for top 4; not mere testing grounds for 'maybe players'.

Thankfully I have every faith that our manager is smarter than a few of the line-ups I've already seen posted in this thread.

eg: A front 2 of Gil & Lucas FFS!

All of which are essential games in our quest for top 4; not mere testing grounds for 'maybe players'.

Thankfully I have every faith that our manager is smarter than a few of the line-ups I've already seen posted in this thread.

eg: A front 2 of Gil & Lucas FFS!
it is possible to win them also with some rotations imo, I don't mean the disproportionate turnover that made nuno
for example playing ndombelè for PEH, Gil for Son, Rodon for Dier

but these players should be evaluated in important matches, not in some marginal ones, because if the objective is to win a trophy we will need players able to play under pressure

it is possible to win them also with some rotations imo, I don't mean the disproportionate turnover that made nuno
for example playing ndombelè for PEH, Gil for Son, Rodon for Dier

but these players should be evaluated in important matches, not in some marginal ones, because if the objective is to win a trophy we will need players able to play under pressure

Nah...... Absolutely backwards thinking.

Let's call it a day.

Clueless.

He's been solid ever since Conte arrived.
Oh dear. I'd taken you off ignore because I thought with all the dislike for you expressed throughout this forum might have changed you but clearly you're the same pea brained, rude know it all that you always were.
Leopards don't change their sports and clearly idiots don't either so back on ignore. Have a happy new year!

Oh dear. I'd taken you off ignore because I thought with all the dislike for you expressed throughout this forum might have changed you but clearly you're the same pea brained, rude know it all that you always were.
Leopards don't change their sports and clearly idiots don't either so back on ignore. Have a happy new year!
Fuck knows what he has said. He is the rarest of rare birds: on my ignore list

Back
Top Bottom