Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yesterday, someone asked me who my favourite player was, and Skippy was my immediate reply. Since Super Jan moved on, I didn't think I had one, but Skippy deserves the mantle.

The great thing about Skipp is that there's so much he can improve on despite him putting in good performance after good performance for us. His shooting can certainly be better. He can perhaps be a touch more adventurous with his passing at times, though I have no problem with him keeping things simple if he's playing the holding role alone. But you can't teach a footballing brain too much and he seems to naturally have that in abundance.

I don't really like him an Pierre in midfield together though which could become a problem. Away from home against the better teams, okay, but when you're at home against the likes of Palace and the onus is on you to attack and create, it should only be one or the other. Maybe we can get away with it if Ndombele is also in the starting 11 as we can then allow him to simply concentrate on creating in an attacking midfield role.

I think the lad deserves all the praise heading his way at the moment and he doesn’t seem like the type to let it go to his head. You can see the confidence shining through in his game as he clocks up more appearances. Always smiling he’s a joy to watch and a managers dream.

This one a complete floozy was making eyes at Emerson last game...🙄
If they wear a Spurs shirt and they give their all, I love them
Pokemon Love GIF by Pokémon

He does his work without any fuss or bother , no frills, spills or belly aches , just honest hard work.
I hope he can add a couple of goals to his CV and he will be the complete midfielder, he has surpassed my expectations.

He does his work without any fuss or bother , no frills, spills or belly aches , just honest hard work.
I hope he can add a couple of goals to his CV and he will be the complete midfielder, he has surpassed my expectations.
IIRC he has been having at least a couple of shots in a few of his recent games.
He got in the box a couple of times v CP.

When we lose the ball in the middle of the pitch he seems to appear and win it back regularly. His energy is really impressive. If he can gain more confidence driving forward with the ball he could become a mainstay in our side for years.

Early days for Skipp under Conte, but he's impressed me thus far.

He ran his bollocks off today. Just doesn't give up. Loves a challenge too. I thought he had a really good game. Conte was right to hook him though. He must've been knackered and was on a yellow. And when you've got only 2 in midfield that's a bit of a tightrope.

There was a moment in the first half (I think) where Watford broke and he sprinted almost the entire pitch to block the run. Hopefully someone else remembers this, it's the sort of shit I imagine Conte absolutely loves to see.

There was a moment in the first half (I think) where Watford broke and he sprinted almost the entire pitch to block the run. Hopefully someone else remembers this, it's the sort of shit I imagine Conte absolutely loves to see.
I saw this. I loved this. I dream of Skipp next to two pure quality players attacking midfield playmaker and box to box goalscoring beast.

Back
Top Bottom