Watford VS Tottenham Saturday Jan 1st 2022 @3PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A major problem I have noticed in our game play to be honest has to be that all our players lack imagination.
There was a one touch flick moura would have done that would have set Son 1v1.
I see Reggie and even Sess(especially Sess) run into positions or release a pass and run into decent positions and the ball moves a step backwards and sent to the other flank, and I’m wondering, are we intent on slowing down every single play, why not release the runner on the 1-2
Why not make a flick, why not attempt a chipped pass. These guys chose football as a career, it’s almost as though they’re coached to take the safer option(perhaps makes sense why Ndombele is a bencher) you could have a heart attack with him in the team.
We need to actually play with more urgency, and more imagination.
I said this during the game our players need to braver on the ball and take risks with a forward incisive pass. If you don’t buy a ticket you don’t win the raffle. However I think conte likes to have order in his teams and rely too much on skilful players. Almost prefers functional football to a more expansive style. I’ve said it before but we have shown with these players that if they want to attack and play at a high tempo they can. However the last 3 managers seem to want to play counter attack football so when the onus is on us to take the game to the oppo we come stuck.
Let the handbrakes off play an attacking midfielder and have less reliance on our WBs / FBs to provide the attacking threat. I’m sure a CM 3 of skipp winks and gio/ tanguy would work.

Currently I really think Son needs a break, he is worse than winks these days when it comes to passing it to the back or to the sides.
We can’t have him and Kane on current form being regular starters.
We need to rest either of them for maybe 3 games.
That would be Son who's perfect free kick led to our only goal - right bench him?

It’s not that he needs a rest, he’s being asked to play with his back to goal rather than as a striker or wide attacker
But he isn’t exactly that player.
He runs at/with the opposition.
He isn’t built to play back to goal.
How long? I genuinely think Conte doesn’t know jack about his players, and isn’t willing to pay attention.
If you don’t have 2 strikers, don’t play with 2.
I think we could rest Son and try a 352 with Ndombele the third wheeler in midfield and Kane Ali up top with Ali playing slightly off him.
Not sure Royal understands this wingback thing.

How long? I genuinely think Conte doesn’t know jack about his players, and isn’t willing to pay attention.
I think we could rest Son and try a 352 with Ndombele the third wheeler in midfield and Kane Ali up top with Ali playing slightly off him.
I think Son can play up top in a two but when he needs to drop into midfield and build, it goes to shit

Agree re: Ndombele but that’s ships sailed unfortunately

We got lucky with the 3 points today. We barely deserved them. It was two poor sides on show. But being at home Watford could have surely shown a bit more intent, so they got what they deserved in the end which was nothing, We huffed and puffed but it's pretty clear to see where we are lacking and what we are lacking.
We got lucky with the 3 points today……..yeah that’s how a season pans out we are going to play better and lose. It’s obvious what we need but if we can do what we’re doing with what we have now then it’s only going to improve, only problem or possible problem is if Levy comes out with his penny pinching Scrooge mentality and thinks what we’ve got will do cos it won’t luckily Conte wont put up with that nonsense.

A bonafide twat. He was pretty much the face of Murdoch's empire as it got it's claws into football. Doubt he said a bad word about him then

He holds a grudge for what happened to them which shows me he never regretted what was said. The current sky lot aren’t great but it’s much better than those two stinking the place out

To think that with all that’s gone on this season we are within striking distance of getting into the top 4 is really quite remarkable. That’s got to be a big positive and surely with backing given to Conte we can kick on and give it a right good go. Big few weeks ahead

Imagining you some absolute nobody with nothing important to say slating Conte.

Also Ndombele is absolute dogshit and 4 straight coaches have seen that. You suggesting him makes me think you are dumber than first appears.

To think that with all that’s gone on this season we are within striking distance of getting into the top 4 is really quite remarkable. That’s got to be a big positive and surely with backing given to Conte we can kick on and give it a right good go. Big few weeks ahead
It's nuts innit?
IF we win our 2 games in hand, we're only 3 points behind 2nd placed Chelsea.... that was almost unthinkable before Conte arrived!

Back
Top Bottom