Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure what he expected from Kane today. Zero quality service in to him all game long, not in to feet and I counted only one cross of worth and it was floated and too central. Haven’t seen the stats but I imagine his xG for the game was very low, probably same with Son. Neither had any service.

Those 20-25 yard shots were all that was on and Kane did well to find space and test the keeper with them. Son tried as well and had a couple of moments, but he’s a player who thrives on being played in behind defences.. but there was none today.

The only one who had any space or time to operate properly was Emerson, but he put in maybe 2 good balls all game to the forwards .. and one was a shot.
You said Son had a poor game but Kane did well.

How did Kane exactly have a 'fine' performance but Son have a poor performance?

For avoidance of doubt, I thought neither were good.

You said Son had a poor game but Kane did well.

How did Kane exactly did have a 'fine' performance but Son had a poor performance?

For avoidance of doubt, I thought neither were good.

He tested the keeper from open play with an excellent shot from outside the box. Played a few really good passes out wide. Had a few great moments where he burst free of defenders and was generally pretty decent. Son gets a pass because he took a good set piece, but from open play today he was worse than Kane, from my perspective anyhow.

You may have a different one and that's fine. I don't think either played to the level they're capable of, but it was difficult for both to really get in to the game due to the service & the way Watford played.

How many days rest in between games does a player need to be at their best? Or how games in a week can they play and expected to peform? I always wondered about this question. Who here has experience to give their opinion?
The average modern day player is a moaning wimp in comparison to how they used to be. I can remember back in 86/87 seeing Spurs play West Ham at home on 26th Dec and then playing Coventry away on the 27th. They had much smaller squads in those days, played on poor pitches, the game was more physical, they didn’t have the dietary and high tec monitoring equipment of today, were paid a lot less than today but somehow they didn’t seem to moan about things as much

The average modern day player is a moaning wimp in comparison to how they used to be. I can remember back in 86/87 seeing Spurs play West Ham at home on 26th Dec and then playing Coventry away on the 27th. They had much smaller squads in those days, played on poor pitches, the game was more physical, they didn’t have the dietary and high tec monitoring equipment of today, were paid a lot less than today but somehow they didn’t seem to moan about things as much
Probably because they just didn't have the platform to moan as much. Just as we didn't have the Internet in 1987 as a platform to moan on and be heard..

Probably because they just didn't have the platform to moan as much. Just as we didn't have the Internet in 1987 as a platform to moan on and be heard..
Maybe but they still had newspapers and Match of the Day etc. I just think they were less spoilt in general and grateful to be playing a sport they loved in those days.

Maybe but they still had newspapers and Match of the Day etc. I just think they were less spoilt in general and grateful to be playing a sport they loved in those days.
But did they run 10-11 km and lose 2-3 kg of body weight per game as modern footballers do? We wouldn’t know since there’s no way to track it, but, if so, a lot more people would have gotten all sorts of serious injuries playing two games in two days.

He was bad (again) but he got a crucial contribution (again) so can't really complain too much. It's the busiest period of the season and both he and Kane are probably being overplayed a tad, plus the service in to our front 3 in these kind of games is poor.

Not playing well but still scoring/assisting is something he's not done in the past so I'm happy.

Goes both ways. I really haven't seen you credit Son for anything like those Son lovers who never credits Kane.

Last edited:
Both goes ways. I really haven't seen you credit Son for anything like those Son lovers who never credits Kane.
We need fanbois/lovers(whoever they're and we know) of either side to meet at the middle ground. It doesn't have to be Kane vs Son to show appreciation for both players 😂 Conte obviously rates both very highly and both are playing together. It's not like we can only can start one of them in place of the other so :wall:

We need fanbois/lovers(whoever they're and we know) of either side to meet at the middle ground. It doesn't have to be Kane vs Son to show appreciation for both players 😂 Conte obviously rates both very highly and both are playing together. It's not like we can only can start one of them in place of the other so :wall:
One of them needs to go.

I don't think they can both coexist under Conte to be honest. Particularly if we bring in Vlahovic,

Son doesn't play wingback, he's not at AM like he's playing now and Kane's got striker.

So where do we play Son if we do play with 2 up top

Last edited:
One of them needs to go.

I don't think they can both coexist under Conte to be honest. Particularly if we bring in Vlahovic,

Son doesn't play wingback, he's not at AM like he's playing now and Kane's got striker.

Yeah that thought has crossed my mind if we were to bring in another striker... To be brutally honest if I had to choose between Kane or Son, I would keep the latter. I have stated before here I prefer to play a high intensity/pressing game so. Part of me wants to keep both and upgrade other positions even if that affects our chances of becoming the best club we can be LOL. You can't help become emotionally attached to players that's been with the club for many years though ups and downs...

Last edited:
dreadful performance saved by the 18km wind pacing the free kick ball to Davidson.

This would be funny, but alas.

I keep hearing about what gun players do in "big" moments.

Imagine being out of form ( which most agree he has been ) and yet deliver a pearl of set piece to earn 3 points.

The reaction by Sonny as posted by SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs says it all.

One can be off his game and still be a match winner.

One of them needs to go.

Vlah dude has so many suitors, no reason to join with no guarantee CL qualification

of course Kane in today football playing 2 pure strikers are suicidal, personally I rather Son sold to Liverpool, they can easily afford him, his jersey sale in 1-2 days can get back the transfer fee if u have any idea the amount of Liverpool supporters in Asia.

Vlah dude has so many suitors, no reason to join with no guarantee CL qualification

of course Kane in today football playing 2 pure strikers are suicidal, personally I rather Son sold to Liverpool, they can easily afford him, his jersey sale in 1-2 days can get back the transfer fee if u have any idea the amount of Liverpool supporters in Asia.

Did you just suggest we sell Sonny to Liverpool ?

You know what forum you are on ?

Are you Trent Alexander Arnold?

Be honest.

Yeah that thought has crossed my mind if we were to bring in another striker... To be brutally honest if I had to choose between Kane or Son, I would keep the latter. I have stated before here I prefer to play a high intensity/pressing game so. Part of me wants to keep both and upgrade other positions even if that affects our chances of becoming the best club we can be LOL. You can't help become emotionally attached to players that's been with the club for many years though ups and downs...
Conte rates Kane so he's not going to sell him

If we do decide to eventually go with a 3-5-2 as our main formation, Son isn't going to have a consistent role as Conte's going to want to bring in real CM/AMs to play that role

Or we use Son as a super sub type of player (which would be a waste)????

The most obvious direction for Conte would be to sell Son, get 50-60 million for him, and use that to bring in a real bona fide AM

Obviously we as fans wouldn't want that but I could see how Conte would want that

But did they run 10-11 km and lose 2-3 kg of body weight per game as modern footballers do? We wouldn’t know since there’s no way to track it, but, if so, a lot more people would have gotten all sorts of serious injuries playing two games in two days.
Well obviously we can’t measure how far they ran and perhaps I am looking back with rose tinted spectacles but I can remember matches being played regularly at breakneck speed from end to end in a red hot atmosphere much more regularly than today. I am not saying the average player ran further in those days but they certainly didn’t appear to be any less committed. For example the work ethic of someone like Paul Allen would put Spurs’ current players to shame

Both goes ways. I really haven't seen you credit Son for anything like those Son lovers who never credits Kane.

With all due respect, load of shit. There’s multiple posts in here where I’ve praised him. He’s a great player, I just don’t feel the need to defend him as much because he gets less stick. After Watford I thought he was getting unfair stick, didn’t play well but assisted the winner. It was a hard game to get much done in.

We have two genuinely top players (Son & Kane) who on form could get in to most sides in world football. Both of them are excellent footballers.

As Poch used to say we must arrive in moments:

Son won the penalty against Southampton, Son won the freekick and got the assist today, Son is our top scorer this season. Yet we have some of our fan base calling him out.

Just a few here and there with poor agendas or mental conditions. Probably never played one full 90 minutes of football in there lives ever except in video games

Back
Top Bottom