Who should we buy at CB?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Choose 2 options (1 left-foot & 1 right-foot)

• Total voters
No one has voted for Lisandro Martinez, so let me explain why I included him for LCB:

-Ajax have only conceded 4 goals so far in 18 Eredivisie matches (historic even for a poor league)
-Ajax only conceded 5 goals in their 6 CL group games (vs Dortmund, Sporting Lisbon, and Besiktas)

Dutch journalist Statham said: You have to say that Martinez has been the best defender in the league so far. A few players I have interviewed have commented on how Martinez has been the most difficult defender they have faced – mentioning his physicality (and little tricks) being hard to get around – and he has also been very good on the ball.
When the option says "L. Martinez" ....maybe (some) people believed that you meant Lautaro Martinez as LCB? 😁 Conte, according to some, can turn any player around :cool:

Max Kilman anyone?

I've watched him a lot this season. He's improved compared to last. HG and left footed, tested in the PL and young.
Good on the ball and not any worse at defending than the options listed.

He has played LCB and RCB in a 3 for wolves this season. Also seen him play in a 4 too. I think he's got more potential than anything I ever saw in Rodon when he was playing at Swansea.

I don't know how much wolves would want for him. I'd imagine it would be a fair amount.

I know one can't fit in all the decent LCB candidates but I'd like to see Joško Gvardio and/or Evan N'dicka as options, Gvardiol being my choice among those 2.

Last edited:
No wonder he has no votes apart from myself!
You have obviously watched him a lot (I presume) and yet you aren't concerned about his physique for a CB with him being "only" 178cm (same height as Puyo)..? Ok, Davies is 181cm, so only just 3 cm taller; and one of the best ever CB, Daniel Passarella (a fellow Argentian) was only 173cm but very good in the air (ok, he played football was a bit "different" and he never played in England).

You have obviously watched him a lot (I presume) and yet you aren't concerned about his physique for a CB with him being "only" 178cm (same height as Puyo)..? Ok, Davies is 181cm, so only just 3 cm taller; and one of the best ever CB, Daniel Passarella (a fellow Argentian) was only 173cm but very good in the air (ok, he played football was a bit "different" and he never played in England).
Nah tbh I've only watched him in Champions League games for Ajax, and he looks good.

But journalists do say he is Ajax's best defender, and Ajax's Eredivisie defensive record is ridiculous

I know one can't fit in all the decent LCB candidates but I'd like to see Joško Gvardio and/or Evan N'dicka as options, Gvardiol being my choice among those 2.
Gvardiol would be perfect for Conte system. Although Davies is playing solid, we need better.

We need young and good players to depend on zhem in the future.

I dont think centre back is our priority till summer tbh. Conte is always going to have us tight at the back with the system. Ball playin midfielder, rb, striker all bigger concerns

Hes going to chelsea
Well, we're not getting into bidding wars w/ the Chavs, City, Utd, etc.

We'll have to be more specific & decisive (go get the exact guys we want) OR be more flexible & fluid (have a list of players and wait until the £££ clubs to do their business and go after the remaining available players).

I completely trust Conte's opinion about defenders and I'm hopeful about Paratici's ability to pull-off some complicated/esoteric player deals/loans/contracts...

Need a left footed ball playing CB. Torres or Bastoni for me, will have to wait until summer for either though.

Back
Top Bottom