Watford VS Tottenham Saturday Jan 1st 2022 @3PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Emerson is a better FB that WB.

But I do not see how getting on the back of a 22 year old with no preseason and no English helps the player or the team. Looking at his stats compared with others, are not bad.

Its easy to pull somebody down.
Funny, I though he was a better WB than a FB!

Stats are meaningless. Use your eyes. Emerson was woeful (in truth he was not alone in this analysis).

Often there was not a Watford player within 40m of him. They knew if he got the ball, he'd place it on one of the giant Watford heads. Truly abysmal.

What is it with us and RBs/RWBs? Since Walker; Trippier (Carlos Alberto compared to the rest of this bunch), KWP, Aurier, and now the Chuckle brothers Doherty and Emerson. Louis Braille school of scouting?

At least a yellow for the wrestling.....it wouldn't have changed the game but at least it would have looked as though he cared. That is the most incompetent exhibition by a ref I can remember. Even the pundits were calling it! That guy should be hauled over the coals by the FA and sent to the championship. He has no business in the PL.
Could be one of those type officials who doesn't set a good tone early.

Funny, I though he was a better WB than a FB!

Stats are meaningless. Use your eyes. Emerson was woeful (in truth he was not alone in this analysis).

Often there was not a Watford player within 40m of him. They knew if he got the ball, he'd place it on one of the giant Watford heads. Truly abysmal.

What is it with us and RBs/RWBs? Since Walker; Trippier (Carlos Alberto compared the rest of this bunch), KWP, Aurier, and now the Chuckle brothers Doherty and Emerson. Louis Braille school of scouting?
Everybody uses their eyes. I am surprised that you used your time to state so. Also, don’t forget to breathe. Have a drink of water. Eat something.

But when everybody plays poorly, it’s worth taking a moment to reflect, to check some of the figures. And on a bad day at the office for all - yet still 3 points - Emerson was not as abysmal as some make out.

Though I understand that some are in such a critical vein of thought, after poor management and trophy less seasons that they cannot get out of their habit,

To try and encourage a young player is a foreign language to them.

Absolutely, take it move on, there coming thick and fast now

Anyone with common sense would have realised when Conte arrived that the aim had to be to grind out points until the trf window however necessary..... Here we are unbeaten with top four bang on our radar and a LC semi to play in the week.

Fuk yeh!

Is that the same as what jose use to get criticised for. Remember the the 2 games v chavs last season when frank was in charge? Jose basically shitted it especially at home and we barely layer a glove on them and got spanked. Are we now all of a sudden accepting that kind of football and philosophy? Remember jose stank the place out but if he won a trophy everyone would have accepted it. Playing like that you have to win!

This is utter bollocks.... We didn't "shit it" (park the bus) against Wolves.

We didn't against S'oton.

We didn't against Palace.

We didn't against Liverpool.

Find another sport... This one is not for you.

They deserved 0 points but frankly we didn't deserve 3 points.

They put 11 men behind the ball, while we didn't show enough creativity. The only good through ball of the match in open play was Lucas' pass to Son.
There was a low cross in the box from Emerson that has gone without mention.

This is utter bollocks.... We didn't "shit it" (park the bus) against Wolves.

We didn't against S'oton.

We didn't against Palace.

We didn't against Liverpool.

Find another sport... This one is not for you.
Good to see you back now that Daddy gave you yesterday off

Great bit from Alasdair Gold on Traore...

"Traore's skill, power and pace is not in doubt but in 157 Premier League appearances, he has just seven goals and 16 assists. To put that into context, left-back Reguilon already has seven assists in just 44 Premier League games and Steven Bergwijn six assists in 43 matches in the competition with four goals to boot."

Sometimes there are players where you can't wait for them to retire so that Spurs can no longer be linked to them.

For me; Traore is one of those players.

At the moment we have no outball from defence. Having someone like Traore in the team might mean Kane feels less of a need to pick up the ball deep and can stay in the penalty area doing what he does best. Perhaps you are happy watching a Spurs team without flair whereas I am not.

A fast, but muscly man trundling up the wing with no end product is not "flair".

Last edited:
They all were. But stats told me, in many areas he was not as bad as the player haters make out.

He has loads of energy but no end product. He seems to be more of an offensive full-back than defensive, but his end product is awful so it's going to be a problem. It's early days yet but he just looks to me to be a back-up option. But if you're back-up to Matt Doherty then that takes some doing.

Are people seriously saying that?

We were mediocre vs both Southampton and Watford, but it was still very obvious we were a team who were coached and wanted to play with intent. Miles away from the clueless no shots on target no idea how to play shite under Nuno.

People forget easily it seems. Under Nuno I had zero belief at all we would ever score in games.

Yes.... I'm pretty sure you could guess a few of the names in question too. 🤡

They deserved 0 points but frankly we didn't deserve 3 points.

They put 11 men behind the ball, while we didn't show enough creativity. The only good through ball of the match in open play was Lucas' pass to Son.

20 shots / 9 on target / 2.2 XG vs 0,.4 (*)

Their keeper made some good saves.

2 vs their 1 in terms of contentious penalty non-calls.

We deserved to win.

We fully deserved to win last game too.

(*I'm no XG guy, but it's funny how peeps only cite it when it makes us look bad.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom