Chavski Vs Tottenham - League Cup Semi Final (1st Leg) - Wed 5th Jan KO 7:45pm, live on SKY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Too much hyperbole... We're a step up in every way.... League position(s), club stature, wages...

Brighton are simply a well coached team, no more no less..... These ARE the good times for them.

If I was Lamptey I think I would hang on a bit unless we offered wages Brighton can't match. It looks a much more enjoyable experience for any player playing in that Brighton team than for ourselves.

Could be a memorable night. Hopefully sell some more tickets for a better atmosphere.

Spent £90 on tickets for FA cup on Sunday but have now got covid so I think I might have picked the wrong game Ffs.

:contehandshead:
I'm now in my 6th day of self-isolating after catching Covid, hope to be free by the Friday (lateral flow tests permitting).

I'm actually very disappointed in Conte's reaction. He has absolved himself of any blame but he chose the tactics and the team and he got it wrong.
He should own up to that.
Simply putting on an extra midfielder in the 2nd half changed the game.
Agree. He's not beyond criticism.

He quite simply fucked up tonight on both shape and personnel and didn't bother changing until HT when the problems were obvious. I thought that was strange.

We were so timid and passive. Chavs were on a desperate run of home form in the league going into tonight. They’d won 1 of their last 6 at Stamford Bridge (that against an injury ravaged Leeds where they got two penalties, one a 94th minute winner), failed to keep a clean sheet in any of those 6 games and were held to draws against each of Burnley, Everton and Brighton after leading.

Saw post match interview from conte. Do get impression hes the type to walk out at any moment. He knew situation when he signed up but ffs mate be positive on some aspects. 18 month deal he got is right imo.

Gil needs more minutes
Yeah preferably in his actual position of left wing. That one dribble is what he's all about. He can't do it from the other wing.

Don't make him play rwb.

Some of these decisions are mind boggling. Just need someone to look at things objectively and logically. It really doesn't need anyone to reinvent the wheel with fanciful tactics.

Negatives: Hurt to be down 2-0 at Chelsea with two clown OG`s
Positives:
Reality check on what our squad is able to do.
Doherty has prob played his last game with us.
Bergwijn has prob played his last game with us.
Dele has prob played his last game with us.
Tanganga settled for outloan.
There might be a player in Lo Celso after all.
Gil steady on the rise.
Conte has def by now seen where we need overhaul.
First of two games at Stamford Bridge done for the season.
We learned how to play them at theirs.
They will prob play with lower tempo away.

Games like this I take the approach of the less I say the better.

I've posted this before but again its on nights like today where I'm jealous of some of our older fans.

They've had the pleasure of watching hoddle, waddle, ardiles, micky hazard, mabbutt, Perryman, Mackay, Blanchflower, villa, Gazza and othes (feel free to add more). Actual footballers with ability on the ball.

Here I am trying to get behind the likes of PEH, Winks, Sissoko, Emerson, Sanchez, Tanganga.

WTF have I done to deserve this?

The other day I watched a rerun on the 2009 cup final v United and we had a midfield of modric, zokora, jenas and lennon.

Both jenas and zokora got a lot of stick in their time but they piss all over our midfield now.

Tottenham Hotspur football club, there used to be a football club over there with actual football players with footballing skills on the ball.

200.gif
Sigh. RIP That Harry Kane

All eyes on Harry Kane next week. I’ve seen Moura and Son turn up in big cup games. It’s his turn in 2022. .

A cometh the hour, Cometh the man night beckons.
Might even throw a tenner to Now TV I’m that positive.

200.gif

I love Kane and that goal is probably my absolute favourite that he scored for us. I remember exactly how excited I was and it really was amazing.

Truth is, if we manage to make the final, I’m under no illusion that Kane would show up and actually impress himself upon the match.

Contes reaction is a confusing reaction, in one breath he is saying he has assessed the squad and will talk to the club, In the second breath he is saying one transfer window won’t fix the problem with the squad and he needs to work with what he has got.

The translation is he isn’t going to be given much money to strengthen in January and he is towing the party line. That’s fine if he is given the investment in the summer to make significant changes. The gamble for that is a top 4 position is really in grasp and the if the club strengthens now it’s achievable. By not strengthening now could miss out on the Champions League and what’s that worth to the club.

Finally, if Conte is not being given what he is promised he will eventually walk out and then where does the club go from there? I don’t understand that’s go out and get the best manager available, pay him a fanatasic salary and then not back him and set him up to fail?? He can’t produce miracles.

Contes reaction is a confusing reaction, in one breath he is saying he has assessed the squad and will talk to the club, In the second breath he is saying one transfer window won’t fix the problem with the squad and he needs to work with what he has got.
He’s saying the problem can’t be solved in this window cause 2-3 signings can’t fix the squad and the squad need to work and that’s what it’s down to

Back
Top Bottom