Chavski Vs Tottenham - League Cup Semi Final (1st Leg) - Wed 5th Jan KO 7:45pm, live on SKY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just to summarise:

We had 7 players who are unreliable technically on the ball:
- Doherty, Sanchez, Tanganga, PEH, Emerson, Lucas and Son

Chelsea had maybe 1:
- Sarr

Something would have had to go horribly wrong for Chelsea for them to lose that game.
Spot on

OK, in the cold light of day they had better players than us and had a better team and better tactics in the 1st half.
A simple change at HT (that should have been done in the 1st half) and the whole balance changed and we were at least standing toe to toe with them.
Both their goals were OGs after errors. Can't remember Hugo having loads and loads of saves to make?
Most of our remaining games are played against worse teams than Chelsea and we have shown recently that we are quite good against those sort of teams.
On a side note I spent more time in the OMT than than watching the game and I'm not making that mistake again. I don't mind honest criticism but the hatred and BS in here from some is disturbing.
but they were 2-0 up so did they take foot off gas in second half, think stats showed they had 15 shots 5 on target we hard 5 (all after halftime) 1 on target ?
we were missing 2 normal starters think they were missing 2/3 normal starter so even match there, but they could pass to each other and control the ball we couldn't
maybe as someone posted this morning some of our players still got post covid problems/worries ? would make sense as we looked awful

If Chelsea had won 6-0 we could have had no complaints.

We were utter dogshit and I'm still waiting for an explanation why the Danish Dud got the full 90 minutes to show his full shiteness.
Address them to:
Signor A Conte
C/O Tottenham Hotspur Football Club
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club
Lilywhite House
782 High Road
London
N17 0BX

Roman is owed £1.5 billion by that lot. His own money.

ENIC invested £30m and could potentially sell up for £2billion 1 day.
Factor NFL into that and the price is only going up.

You think joe Lewis cares about some guys running around a pitch chasing an inflated ball?? Get serious. He’s all about making profits not losses.

100% laughing at Roman’s losses as ENIC builds a property portfolio in north London.
I
$pur$y
When you factor in how much ENIC have paid for their shares its certainly more than £30 million . As for selling for £2 billion one way or another the £1+ billion owed by Spurs would be an issue that would have to be factored in should ENIC sell. I very very much doubt that any prospective buyer would pay in effect £3 billion for Spurs

As for Chelsea the hierarchy of companies that ultimately end at Abromavich‘s door is complex the headline of owing £1.5 billion is attractive to a red top but these multi billionaires are very astute .

It was explained to me like this.

Abromavich invested money into a company called Fordstam. This company owns various companies one of which in turn is a company who amongst its assets owns 100% of the shares in Chelsea Football club.

When needed the football club draw down money from its holding company and in return the football club issues more shares . In effect the football club itself is debt free that debt is held by the holding company and indeed as are the ever increasing number of shares in the football club.

If RA calls it a day he would call in the loan from the holding company they would in turn sell the shares in the football club would almost certainly realise the £1.5 billion he has “ lent” the holding company .

What it really boils down to is they have invested massively in their playing squad and see their growth in income coming from success on the pitch whereas ENIC want that growth in income to come from the stadium.

Both models have there flaws and both have their attraction
but they were 2-0 up so did they take foot off gas in second half, think stats showed they had 15 shots 5 on target we hard 5 (all after halftime) 1 on target ?
we were missing 2 normal starters think they were missing 2/3 normal starter so even match there, but they could pass to each other and control the ball we couldn't
maybe as someone posted this morning some of our players still got post covid problems/worries ? would make sense as we looked awful

Mendy
James
Silva
Christensen / Chalobah
Kante

By my reckoning they were at least five starters short and that’s if you ignore Chillwell and Kovacic

When you factor in how much ENIC have paid for their shares its certainly more than £30 million . As for selling for £2 billion one way or another the £1+ billion owed by Spurs would be an issue that would have to be factored in should ENIC sell. I very very much doubt that any prospective buyer would pay in effect £3 billion for Spurs

As for Chelsea the hierarchy of companies that ultimately end at Abromavich‘s door is complex the headline of owing £1.5 billion is attractive to a red top but these multi billionaires are very astute .

Abromavich invested money into a company called Fordstam. This company owns various companies one of which in turn is a company who amongst its assets owns 100% of the shares in Chelsea Football club.

When needed the football club draw down money from its holding company and in return the football club issues more shares . In effect the football club itself is debt free that debt is held by the holding company and indeed as are the ever increasing number of shares in the football club.

If RA calls it a day he would call in the loan from the holding company they would in turn sell the shares in the football club would almost certainly realise the £1.5 billion he has “ lent” the holding company .

What it really boils down to is they have invested massively in their playing squad and see their growth in income coming from success on the pitch whereas ENIC want that growth in income to come from the stadium.

Mendy
James
Silva
Christensen / Chalobah
Kante

By my reckoning they were at least five starters short and that’s if you ignore Chillwell and Kovacic
we would never be bought by a billionaire egoist who wants to dominate the game through their money. other than abromovich, the rest all seem to be middle east billionaires who dont mind spunking dough. the reason the middle east ones wont touch us is because of the clubs jewish connection.

if anybody buys us it will prob be some american businessman looking to make profit.

Contes reaction is a confusing reaction, in one breath he is saying he has assessed the squad and will talk to the club, In the second breath he is saying one transfer window won’t fix the problem with the squad and he needs to work with what he has got.

The translation is he isn’t going to be given much money to strengthen in January and he is towing the party line. That’s fine if he is given the investment in the summer to make significant changes. The gamble for that is a top 4 position is really in grasp and the if the club strengthens now it’s achievable. By not strengthening now could miss out on the Champions League and what’s that worth to the club.

Finally, if Conte is not being given what he is promised he will eventually walk out and then where does the club go from there? I don’t understand that’s go out and get the best manager available, pay him a fanatasic salary and then not back him and set him up to fail?? He can’t produce miracles.
I think he's just fully aware that the January window is notoriously difficult to do loads of business in and it'll take the summer to get us closer to what he wants. He'd defo like us to sort everything now but he realizes that's not realistic, he's intense but not unreasonable and he's certainly aware of the problems clubs have getting players in January AND shifting players out at the same time.

The club know top 4 this season is achievable and they want to achieve it but they're working on the art of the possible. Clubs with more money than us don't do much business in January - clubs just don't wanna lose their best players halfway through the season when it's very difficult to get replacements.

Mendy
James
Silva
Christensen / Chalobah
Kante

Great post. Thanks.

Mendy
James
Silva
Christensen / Chalobah
Kante

I don’t think it’s much more than 30M at all….

The debt would be passed across in the same a building lease would transfer to the new owner. It’s structured long term borrowing, not a high interest, short term issue

we would never be bought by a billionaire egoist who wants to dominate the game through their money. other than abromovich, the rest all seem to be middle east billionaires who dont mind spunking dough. the reason the middle east ones wont touch us is because of the clubs jewish connection.

if anybody buys us it will prob be some american businessman looking to make profit.
Historically most clubs have had a benefactor who injected huge sums into their clubs . My guess is most of those benefactors wanted the game to be dominated by their money.

Look at the likes of Walker at Blackburn , Sir John Hall at Newcastle or maybe even the Moore’s at both Liverpool and Everton .

As for the club never being bought out by an billionaire egoist” I have absolutely no idea how such an owner could be ruled out. Some would argue that such an owner would be more desirable than an owner that looks to take money from the club

Only just felt like looking at the football threads. Only read the last few pages but my view is that we were awful in the first half and yet despite Chelsea's dominance and not having a shot at goal we beat ourselves. Again did not turn up for major semi and/or Chelsea match. It really is so predictable and yet I sat there full of hope for at least 4 mins.
Better 2nd half when we went 4 at the back. Will we repeat it?
Highly disappointed and the only possible good outcome is that it might convince Levy he needs to spend in January.
A 2 goal deficit is not out of the question but very far fetched after watching that performance. Should we even consider resting players for the NLD? Probably not but I would no longer criticise Conte if someone was missing.

Last night Chelsea basically frightened us into beating ourselves. One of the easiest matches they’ll ever play. It‘s easy to beat a team that is afraid of you.

We have an inferiority complex that Poch managed to keep at bay for a couple of years but is now back at full strength. I watched Brighton outplay Chelsea at the Bridge the other day, they were not afraid. They respected them of course but they were not afraid to play.

We were shitting ourselves from the first minute which is sad to watch and probably what disappoints Conte the most. All the tactical preparation in the world can’t save you if the players are too terrified to kick the ball properly. I trust Conte to sort it out but as he says, we need time.

To quote Dune, “fear is the mind-killer”, summed up by the second goal. There were no blue shirts in the six yard box, just a sea of white shirts and the goalkeeper but Japh was too panicked to realise there was no danger at all.

We have an inferiority complex that Poch managed to keep at bay for a couple of years but is now back at full strength. I watched Brighton outplay Chelsea at the Bridge the other day, they were not afraid. They respected them of course but they were not afraid to play.

We were shitting ourselves from the first minute which is sad to watch and probably what disappoints Conte the most. All the tactical preparation in the world can’t save you if the players are too terrified to kick the ball properly. I trust Conte to sort it out but as he says, we need time.

To quote Dune, “fear is the mind-killer”, summed up by the second goal. There were no blue shirts in the six yard box, just a sea of white shirts and the goalkeeper but Japh was too panicked to realise there was no danger at all.
Our inferiority complex is justified as they have overall far better players . No passion , intensity can change that .We are bettered 90% of the time , year to year .
You invest , buy correct players , pay high wages , if not you will always be second class.

I don’t think it’s much more than 30M at all….

The debt would be passed across in the same a building lease would transfer to the new owner. It’s structured long term borrowing, not a high interest, short term issue
Really?

The majority shareholder, ENIC International Ltd, is an investment company established by the British billionaire Joe Lewis. Daniel Levy, Lewis's partner at ENIC, is Executive Chairman of the club. They first acquired 29.9% share of the club in 1991, of which 27% was bought from Sugar for £22 million.[155] Shareholding by ENIC increased over the decade through the purchase of the remaining 12% holding of Alan Sugar in 2007 for £25m,and the 9.9% stake belonging to Stelios Haji-Ioannou through Hodram Inc. in 2009. On 21 August 2009 the club reported that they had issued a further 30 million shares to fund the initial development costs of the new stadium project, and that 27.8 million of these new shares had been purchased by ENIC.

Really?

The majority shareholder, ENIC International Ltd, is an investment company established by the British billionaire Joe Lewis. Daniel Levy, Lewis's partner at ENIC, is Executive Chairman of the club. They first acquired 29.9% share of the club in 1991, of which 27% was bought from Sugar for £22 million.[155] Shareholding by ENIC increased over the decade through the purchase of the remaining 12% holding of Alan Sugar in 2007 for £25m,and the 9.9% stake belonging to Stelios Haji-Ioannou through Hodram Inc. in 2009. On 21 August 2009 the club reported that they had issued a further 30 million shares to fund the initial development costs of the new stadium project, and that 27.8 million of these new shares had been purchased by ENIC.
IIRC the second and third stakes were generated by issuing more shares or some other scheme to limit their actual investment.

Our inferiority complex is justified as they have overall far better players . No passion , intensity can change that .We are bettered 90% of the time , year to year .
You invest , buy correct players , pay high wages , if not you will always be second class.

They have overall better players than Brighton but Brighton gave them a game last week.

This is what Conte was talking about, it's not just closing the gap is about buying players, it's changing the entire collective mentality of the club which won't be easy.

Was thinking shouldn't there be retrospective action for that filthy elbow by that Chelscum player on Harry Kane, who smiled after he only got a yellow. He nearly fractured Harry's cheekbone and it should have been a RED CARD unless the FA encourages thugs like these to cause a long term injury to the captain of England??

I said the same thing. He keeps bleating on about our situation. Well he knew our situation before he joined. No one is saying we should be playing like citeh or pool right (if at all) but at least try to be competitive, give the players a rollicking, don’t choose players off form, change tactics, do some thing different. He basically keeps the sane 11 and formation which totally doesn’t suits us. So his sent us out with one hand behind our back and then also telling everyone we are miles worse than them. Talk about being positive. Don’t blame me I just get paid £20M / year to tell you all how shot we are and have no chance against better teams. Funny how chavs have drawn a few games recently against teams worst than us so it shows it can be done especially on one off cup games.
God your anti - conte stuff is getting old fast. Hes here 2 months with a squad that hasnt been good enough for 4 year now

Back
Top Bottom