Bryan Gil

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not saying he won't be a good player one day

But he has a long way to go . You can't tell me that we didn't have much greater priorities in the summer, look at the ridiculous gaps in our squad , how was this signing deemed more important than securing a capable back up striker for example

he would develop here if he was used more with the better players. putting him in that B side will destroy him. whats he supposed to do with the likes of winks, dele, an utter cunt in ndombele..no actual striker? and a shit defence? its just killing his confidence. this kid wants to play football and hes being put out there with a bunch of incompetent cunts. he needs to be put out there with the big guns.

we shouldnt even have a B team like that today, its proven time and time again it cant be trusted no matter what level the opposition is. we can only rest half the first time at a time, otherwise its just more nonsense like today.
Could do worse than to learn from Winks about scoring worldies?

Had high hopes based on his first few performances but thought he’s been poor of late. Long way to go with him and needs to be handled correctly as he could be a goodn

He needs to build up a bit, looks like a gentle breeze would knock him over. But I do see some promise, and he needs game time - whether that's with us or somewhere else remains to be seen.

He needs to play more. He has tremendous quality, but it is hard for him to show his quality consistently playing with the B squad and only playing occasionally.

I imagine with Son out he will get is chance with the first team.

I wouldn’t mind seeing him at LWB but I like both Sess and Reggie and 3 is a crowd...
Seriously would just send him out on loan for the next six months. He needs gsme time at his age v getting 10 mins every other game. wasn't good enough to make Sevilla first team either which is why they sent him out on loan. Could be a good player but needs playing time.

He’s the kind of signing a comfortable club makes. You’re doing well with no major deficiencies and a player with potential pops up , worth a pop at 22m. That club probably then loans him back out to a Spanish club for a season.

We have one striker at the club, no creative mids who care, questionable central defenders … the list goes on. Could we really afford to put up 22m for a wide player who has technical quality but is raw and needs developing a lot before he’s PL ready?

You could argue these sort of signings are what we need to do, I.e get the talent before they become unattainable. But this does feel a bit like wasted resources when we really need players who can contribute now more than ones who might contribute in a year or two.

He’s the kind of signing a comfortable club makes. You’re doing well with no major deficiencies and a player with potential pops up , worth a pop at 22m. That club probably then loans him back out to a Spanish club for a season.

We have one striker at the club, no creative mids who care, questionable central defenders … the list goes on. Could we really afford to put up 22m for a wide player who has technical quality but is raw and needs developing a lot before he’s PL ready?

You could argue these sort of signings are what we need to do, I.e get the talent before they become unattainable. But this does feel a bit like wasted resources when we really need players who can contribute now more than ones who might contribute in a year or two.
I don't think we had enough resources from our generous owners to afford two "ready now" players (Romero being one). Gil made a lot of sense. 22 million is half a "ready now" player but he's quite the talent, and might only be a season away from being a regular starter.

That's a punt you have to take with limited resources.

The issue is our owners fund us like we're a top 10 team, while charging European elite prices.

I don't think we had enough resources from our generous owners to afford two "ready now" players (Romero being one). Gil made a lot of sense. 22 million is half a "ready now" player but he's quite the talent, and might only be a season away from being a regular starter.

The issue is our owners fund us like we're a top 10 team, while charging European elite prices.

It just strikes me as an icing on the cake signing. You’ve got your squad together, now you can add some talents for the future in the 20-30m range without worrying if they contribute yet.

You don’t do it when you have glaring, still unsolved deficiencies across a squad. Or maybe you do if you feel it’s an opportunity you can’t miss, depends how highly the club really rated him I suppose. I’m not really sold either way.

But then, how highly did Sevilla rate him to let a Spanish wonderkid go for 22m + Lamela? What was the situation there precisely? Corona hitting finances I imagine but still, if they thought he was top tier it still seems oddly cheap.

Woah woah woah Delilah. We are within a whisker of 400M close to breaking FFP rules.

Levy even mentions FFP in his hard hitting personally attacked interrogation around the 4 min mark.

:levyeyes:

Back
Top Bottom