Emerson Royal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m usually pretty positive about players, but this guy is something else.

I just don’t understand who on earth could have watched him and been impressed.

I keep hearing he’s good defensively, but he’s pretty timid and not hard to get pass. Lucky not to give away a pen against Liverpool and cost us goals against Palace and Leeds.

Going forward… he’s one of the very few footballers who make me feel like I could do a job for the side. Get to the byline, sling a cross out for a throw in and jog back pleased with myself for having got to the byline.

Again, nothing against the bloke. He seems to work hard and gets proper into the celebrations.

Yet another example of how inept our scouting is its absolutely terrible the amount of money blown on completely unsuitable players .
This is an even bigger problem than Levy’s tight pockets imo. Clubs with less money than us seem to be able to find some great talent to fit their system and within budget. We seem to be in that awful half way place where there is money to spend, but it’s literally thrown away time after time on players that don’t fit into a particular system. We have a load of square pegs on huge salaries for all our round holes.
We need to be clever in the market and we just aren’t.
We can’t compete financially with clubs who have whole countries behind them like City & now Newcastle but we sure as shit could be more shrewd when it comes to spending what we do have available.

Based on last nights game, he is awful. Passed his man and had a clear cross to 3 in the box. Passed it back. I had patience with him and hoped that he would grow into the role. Don’t see it happening. Don’t see him as our greatest weakness, that is CAM, but he is next.

Yet another example of how inept our scouting is its absolutely terrible the amount of money blown on completely unsuitable players .
Our scouting has been poor for a long time. But Emerson was signed as a full back for Nuno. He's filling in as a Conte wing back.

To be fair he's had some good games, especially at home. He's defensively pretty solid, has a good engine, gets into advanced positions. He was an important attacking threat for Betis with 10 assists in 2 seasons.

He's not going to develop the final ball of a TAA, Reece James or even Trippier, but at the same time I don't think his attacking output has been helped by having Sanchez behind him in recent games. I'm hoping a more progressive passer like Romero will mean he's found earlier in dangerous forward positions, and then he'll look more of a threat.

Looks fucking clueless on the ball, which is not ideal given most of our attacking play comes from the fullbacks.

What absolute fuck nut is scouting these guys? Absolute joke how much money we've spent on shit in the last few years, drives me mad.

It has certainly surprised me that Levy hasn't addressed the awful recruitment record we have . I have plenty of gripes with Danny but we have spent enough over the years to have had a better return and win the odd cup . We don't seem to have anyone that can identify players that will suit us at all .

It has certainly surprised me that Levy hasn't addressed the awful recruitment record we have . I have plenty of gripes with Danny but we have spent enough over the years to have had a better return and win the odd cup . We don't seem to have anyone that can identify players that will suit us at all .

I think a major part of the problem is that Levy puts restrictions on the scouting team that limits tge players we can go after.

I still think the scouting isn’t good because the players we bring in even with those restrictions aren’t great but Levy handcuffs them by not allowing them to bring in the players they want for footballing reasons and instead having them focus on getting “deals”, guys without sell on value etc.

I am sure Levy sticks his oar in alright just when he sees some of the guys on big money not getting in the team or playing terrible he must be thinking about the money he has put in .Unfortunately a lot of his bigger buys have delivered nothing and he drops money because no one will take them off our hands

I think a major part of the problem is that Levy puts restrictions on the scouting team that limits tge players we can go after.

I still think the scouting isn’t good because the players we bring in even with those restrictions aren’t great but Levy handcuffs them by not allowing them to bring in the players they want for footballing reasons and instead having them focus on getting “deals”, guys without sell on value etc.

Scouts don't "bring" players in or concern themselves with contracts........

I remember he done something similar with Lukaku working with his back to goal and helped him big time

Really heartening to see this.....So often you get the feeling that players aren't coached in this way at this level.

If you can't cross, shoot, pass or kick with both feet get practicing ffs.

Back
Top Bottom