Other clubs you have a soft spot for

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So what other clubs does everyone have a soft spot for, you can say as many or as few as you want.

A couple for myself here:

Bolton Wanderers

Of course I like most here will never forget the day that Fabrice Muamba pretty much died for a time on our own pitch, but aside from that, to me they're a suffering club right now who don't deserve it, they're had to deal with horribly managed finances, only just surviving almost going out of business in 2019, which really shows what can happen when you fall from the Premier League.

Hell, in 2008 they were going to the now Allianz Arena and grinding out a 2-2 draw against BAYERN MUNICH, not something to be sniffed at for a club their size.

Nottingham Forest

Them beating Woolwich at the weekend reminded me how much I respect them as a club, as I said at the time, any club that can say they won back to back European Cups only 3 years after being promoted to the top division is an accomplishment to be respected, no matter how long ago it was.

Even now seeing them outside of the Premier League just seems strange to me, they're a club I mentally associate with being in the top division.

Hibernian - my grandad's team. Went and watched them a lot when I lived in Edinburgh.
Cardiff City - my hometown. I used to go along when I was a kid, £3 at the door to get in in Division Three (the arse end of Division Three, that is).

I don’t like any Football teams. I don’t even like Spurs - I love them whilst also hating them for boiling my piss.

To that end, the team I hate second least are probably Southampton. They’re obviously dickheads, but I loved Le Tissier, so liked to watch him play.

Ferencvárosi TC

I went to watch them play a fair few teams when I was in Hungary. The standard of football was a bit pants but the atmosphere was always different gravy, especially in any derby games. Crazy bastards.

Villa.

My step-father in laws team, he was tragically killed in an accident in 2007 and was a Villa fan. Martin O'Neill sent a hand-written letter of condolence which is buried with him.

QPR
local team as I grew up in Ladbroke Grove.

Fulham
Worked at Craven Cottage in my teens and always wanted them to do well.

Sheffield Wednesday
Always liked them as a kid for some reason.

For me I’ll always have a soft spot for Marine AFC. Also for long time listeners of TFC I guess we’re all fans of Gilport Lions FC, formerly known as Botswana Meat Commission FC.

Hibernian - my grandad's team. Went and watched them a lot when I lived in Edinburgh.

DeficientImmediateDassie-size_restricted.gif

Swansea City since they were the closest club near me growing up. I went to see them a few times.

Miss Vetch Field it had an amazing atmosphere. The new ground on the other hand is a soulless husk shared with a fucking rugby club and built on a dead retail park.

Cardiff - local team and about a 20 minute walk from my house. Semi soft spot at most though - I enjoy watching a bit of live football there from time to time, but that's about it really.

Lille OSC - lived there and my house was literally a 5 minute walk away from the stadium, so used to go watch their matches regularly, even when they were almost going down 4 years ago. They also robbed Woolwich 72M for Pepe so that's a plus, even if I thought at the time that that was a great transfer.

Burnley - You hate Burnley only twice, when Tottenham play them. Proper shithouses that give everyone a hard time, hope they never get relegated.

Ajax - If you're a Spurs fan you should have a soft spot for them. (Even if some twats were unbearable when we played them in 2019).

I normally would also like big clubs to return to the Premier League, but I don't have a soft spot once they're here. So as long as clubs like Leeds, Villa, Sunderland, Pompey, Forest, Derby etc. are/were down, I'd always want them to come back up to the Premier League.

Olympiacos FC.

My dad took me to his homeland when I was 11. Up until then all I knew was Rugby League.

Some years later, my cousin took me to watch Spurs here in Sydney for an exhibition game, and loved em ever since.

Back
Top Bottom