January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

English dude, English.

Great question. Depends if anyone insured against that eventuality. I imagine Daniel is too tight to pay for insurance.

I don't remember if you are pro and anti Traore but this sums up the average spurs fan. Don't want him until a team we don't like does then we do want him.

Dave is probably going to leave at the end of the season, he's about 32 now so they probably will be in the market for a new RWB.

By getting by, what do you mean? Not getting relegated? 8th last season and 6th before that isn't getting buy.
It was mainly said in jest as I really can’t see us signing Vlahovic and Diaz, let alone in the next two weeks.
But let’s say it does along with Traore, but nobody else. Would you consider it a successful window?In classic spurs fashion we wouldn’t have filled the gaps we need, but we would have 2 very young and exciting players.

On a more down to earth level I’d probably put the need for a midfielder in front of RWB, followed by CF, CB.

Last edited:
I think that Dele would fit in very well in Italian football. A little bit slower, a bit more space on the ball that he would enjoy.

The question is would he be interested in such a move?
I don’t know why but for some reason I only pictured Dele going to an English club, not overseas. Not based on anything, but in my head I just made that connection.

Italian football is a good shout though.

It was mainly said in jest as I really can’t see us signing Vlahovic and Diaz, let alone in the next two weeks.
But let’s say it does along with Traore, but nobody else would you consider it a successful window?In classic spurs fashion we wouldn’t have filled the gaps we need, but we would have 2 very young and exciting players.

On a more down to earth level I’d probably put the need for a midfielder in front of RWB, followed by CF, CB.

I missed the sarcasm - always hard in written form.
I would put a good all rounder in midfield over everything else too. Been far too long since there was ay cohesion between defence and attack.

I don’t know why but for some reason I only pictured Dele going to an English club, not overseas. Not based on anything, but in my head I just made that connection.

Italian football is a good shout though.

I sense he'd have to take a massive entourage or pretty much drown culturally and socially.

.....In Italy, more-so than Spain.

Echos of the video clip with McKennie...... Dele and Chiellini sat in a canteen:

"So, what are your 5 fave chocolate bars, Giorgio?"

Last edited:
I missed the sarcasm - always hard in written form.
I would put a good all rounder in midfield over everything else too. Been far too long since there was ay cohesion between defence and attack.
I was hoping that the unlikelihood of it happening was the give away, but I don’t blame you for missing it. So much crap gets said on here, and I’d wish half of it was sarcasm.

The transition between defence and attack has been abysmal. We’ve had some nice passages of play which were more down to individual brilliance than actual cohesion between all the players. It’s just not a sustainable way to keep playing.
Other than the Liverpool match I struggle to think of a recent example where we looked genuinely exciting for the entire 90min. Granted we did come off JoMo and Nuno ball but even then you could see the bulk of our counters fizzling out due to sloppy play in the midfield.

I sense he'd have to take a massive entourage or pretty much drown culturally and socially.

.....In Italy, more-so than Spain.

Echos of the video clip with McKennie...... Dele and Chiellini sat in a canteen:

"So, what are your 5 fave chocolate bars, Giorgio"
He does seem to enjoy London life.

He’d also have to learn a new dish to cook, as I doubt Heinz baked beans are that readily available in either Italy or Spain

Maddison is another one that I can’t picture leaving the EPL

Half of the transfer window gone

Zero signings

Levy in!
Just taking a look at the teams we’re competing with and who they’ve signed:

Woolwich: nobody
West Ham: nobody
Man Utd: nobody

Expanding this to the rest of the teams above us:

Manchester City: nobody
Liverpool: nobody
Chelsea: nobody

Now either all these clubs are run by cunts with no ambition, or none of these clubs require any improvement to push on to their targets, right?

We were closer to 10th than 4th you freaking buffoon.

:contefacepalm2:

Within our hands with 4 matches to go = "Pretty" close..... It's wasn't a 'calculator' moment.

As far as the 'battle for 10th' ( : P ) goes there were 4 more teams worse than us.

Resuming our little guessing game from yesterday, btw........Are you Arcspace in disguise?

Just taking a look at the teams we’re competing with and who they’ve signed:

Woolwich: nobody
West Ham: nobody
Man Utd: nobody

Expanding this to the rest of the teams above us:

Manchester City: nobody
Liverpool: nobody
Chelsea: nobody

Now either all these clubs are run by cunts with no ambition, or none of these clubs require any improvement to push on to their targets, right?
Why do they need to sign anybody - complete non-point

We are in far deeper shit than them - all of those have far better depth that us

Plese just stop

If your roof is leaking but your neighbour's isn't - would you not repair yours becuase he isn't - LMFAO

Within our hands with 4 matches to go = "Pretty" close..... It's wasn't a 'calculator' moment.

As far as the 'battle for 10th' ( : P ) goes there were 4 more teams worse than us.

Resuming our little guessing game from yesterday, btw........Are you Arcspace in disguise?
It was never close - you're unravelling now, please mate

Back
Top Bottom