January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Until then look at how embarassingly-ill attended the pre-match protests are and the plane-banner that was abandoned before take-off for a flavor of how the land lies within the most committed of our supporter-base.
Hahahhaha

He thinks most fans are still pro-Levy

:harrylol:

Subjective views and facts are not the same thing. We have shit to short out, so do they. If they do and we don’t then we’re fucked, but we’re not there yet.
How is it subjective - look at our squad, ffs!

We have 2 players max that might make the City / Liverpool first 11 - wake the fuck up, mate - we're miles off Top 4 quality in our team

so Newcastle are likely to pay the 20million release clause for Chris Wood. This is exactly the rotation striker/impact sub that we should have got. good price too.
Yup - would have taken him

Newcastle showing Levycunt what ambition means in a January transfer window for a team short on quality

so Newcastle are likely to pay the 20million release clause for Chris Wood. This is exactly the rotation striker/impact sub that we should have got. good price too.

I know he’s injured a lot but I’m still disappointed we didn’t go for Callum Wilson a couple of summers ago. He probably wouldn’t have got as many injuries as not playing as much as well.

I think undying support for a business is a form of brainwashing.

Ask the matchday fans if they support Tottenham Hotspur Football Club or a "business"

...Condescending shite.

Apathy = continued cycle of disappointment

.....Whilst you're at it accuse them of "apathy" to their face.

See how keenly your theory is greeted.

An active willingness to group together = a step towards encouraging a change that benefits everybody

The movement needs to start on forums. It's the only place where thousands of spurs fans discuss the team.

Whilst the internet discontents continue to conduct themselves like shit-flinging baboons there will be no unified movement.

Anyway; enough hot air.

You want change; don't just moan..... Do something; organise/mobilise.... I'd have infinitely more respect for anyone that does.

Last edited:
Kane you believe it
All clubs at our level take advantage of their fans, hence the ever increasing costs to attend a match and watch, or pay for a subscription to view on TV.
OK, I agree with this.

I guess I really mean some fans are rewarded for their loyalty in terms of the feeling of seeing a trophy lifted, or the chance to see a complete squad that makes them proud.

Understandably, some clubs have owners worth a pittance and it's not feasible. But Lewis really has the ability to make that final step but chooses not to take it.

Athletico Madrid is a good example, they have invested heavily into star players over the years and rewarded fans with trophies despite dominance of Barcelona and Real Madrid. They take the risk.

Over the years they've bought:
Griezmann, Joao felix, Diego Costa, Falcao, Thomas Lemar, Gelson Martins, Gaitan, Rodrigo de Paul for large sums. All highly respected players at their previous clubs that likely demanded serious wages too.

Spurs are something like 10 places above Athletico in the rich list.

Why is there a disconnect between our activities?

I know he’s injured a lot but I’m still disappointed we didn’t go for Callum Wilson a couple of summers ago. He probably wouldn’t have got as many injuries as not playing as much as well.

As we're learning with Sess & Berg... Even if a player doesn't play much you still can't rely on them not to be injured when you need them. (Also see GLC).

.......Might have been worth a punt though, but before they were relegated, B'muff were asking something stupid like 50m for him.

We wanted him, but he didn’t want to be backup to Kane. Who can blame him ?

Besides, he literally hasn’t been fit for them. So I’d hardly look at that a shining example of what we should have done.

I think we massively underestimate how hard it is to convince human beings to pick up their life and move somewhere else. And imagine doing that when you know you’ll be Harry Kane’s stunt double

People need to have a balance between what is unacceptable behaviour from ENIC and what is to be expected in January.

Balance people.

Is one signing, say Adama acceptable?

Hope for two, Luis Diaz and a monster CM. But no clue what will transpire.

Is one signing, say Adama acceptable?

Hope for two, Luis Diaz and a monster CM. But no clue what will transpire.

Acceptable? Not really. Likely and in line with not only ours, but most other teams January dealings? Yes.
I'd personally scrap the January window altogether. It's no more than an opportunity for media outlets to get clicks these days.

Ask the matchday fans if they support Tottenham Hotspur Football Club or a "business"

...Condescending shite.

.....Whilst you're at it accuse them of "apathy" to their face.

See how keenly your theory is greeted.

Whilst the internet discontents continue to conduct themselves like shit-flinging baboons there will be no unified movement.

Anyway; enough hot air.

You want change; don't just moan..... Do something; organise/mobilise.... I'd have infinitely more respect for anyone that does.

I thought you were the master of facts? All football clubs are businesses. Can we get real please? Doesn't mean you can't support them as a football club due to loyalty to your roots.

It's also pretty unnecessary to call it condescending shite. I've offered my opinion. I think to group everyone that supports change at the club into the category of 'shit-flinging baboons' is arguably more condescending.

Change comes through discussion and convincing others. If not a forum, where else can someone share these thoughts to such a wide Spurs audience.

A mobilisation isn't ready yet, that is clear. There needs to be more widespread agreement among fan base. Right now it seems pretty 50 50.

Acceptable? Not really. Likely and in line with not only ours, but most other teams January dealings? Yes.
I'd personally scrap the January window altogether. It's no more than an opportunity for media outlets to get clicks these days.
I'm sure that's something Daniel Levy would vote for, he banned the summer one in 2018 :levylol:

Back
Top Bottom