January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We wanted him, but he didn’t want to be backup to Kane. Who can blame him ?

Besides, he literally hasn’t been fit for them. So I’d hardly look at that a shining example of what we should have done.

I think we massively underestimate how hard it is to convince human beings to pick up their life and move somewhere else. And imagine doing that when you know you’ll be Harry Kane’s stunt double
Which, for me anyway, is why we need to spend good money on a young striker who can start as our 9 in Europe/cup/Kane absence, and is also there and abouts good enough to play with him in a two or in the wider roles of the 3-4-3. Gouri, Iheanacho.. the likes of Alvarez mentioned above or De Ketelaere / Breteton.. though I've not seen much of those three.

I'm sure that's something Daniel Levy would vote for, he banned the summer one in 2018 :levylol:
He banned the summer AND the Winter window that season.

All January seems to do is set fans up with false hope and crushing disappointment. It's only relegation fodder that goes on January spending sprees and they still go down.
In fact, that would be the last time I recall us doing serious business - Redknapps first window when we were nearer the bottom than the top.

Within our hands with 4 matches to go = "Pretty" close..... It's wasn't a 'calculator' moment.

As far as the 'battle for 10th' ( : P ) goes there were 4 more teams worse than us.

Resuming our little guessing game from yesterday, btw........Are you Arcspace in disguise?

3 points from 10th.

5 points from 4th.

Which is closest?

Yes, I am ArcspacE ArcspacE and every other poster on this forum besides you. It’s just you and me, buddy.

I thought you were the master of facts? All football clubs are businesses. Can we get real please? Doesn't mean you can't support them as a football club due to loyalty to your roots.

I think you need to get real and instead of hiding behind semantics; actually absorb and respond to the meaning behind what i said.

It's also pretty unnecessary to call it condescending shite.

Not all..... My reply explains why too, but it seems you're more intent on broadcasting your feelings than engaging with my retort.

I've offered my opinion.

You'll note in this exchange I've not challenged your opinion on how the club's being run.

I think to group everyone that supports change at the club into the category of 'shit-flinging baboons' is arguably more condescending.

Perhaps that's the way you took that statement; but let me be perfectly clear..... There are some here (and therefore I assume elsewhere) that articulate their frustrations in a less toxic manner......

The loudest, most persistent voices however.....

Change comes through discussion and convincing others. If not a forum, where else can someone share these thoughts to such a wide Spurs audience.

A mobilisation isn't ready yet, that is clear. There needs to be more widespread agreement among fan base. Right now it seems pretty 50 50.

Why not?

Peeps have been banging this drum for years...... "Over a decade" they'll eagerly tell you.

Could it be that like I said; they're going about it in a poor, ineffective fashion.....?

Last edited:
We have the most shit to sort out of all those around us - fact
As has been pointed out to you on numerous occasions by others, you saying 'fact' at the end of one of your opinions doesn't make it a fact. I'm not necessarily saying I disagree with your opinion - but that it is nonetheless an opinion, not a fact.

I only really mention it because if you make the effort to distinguish between the two, you might be less frustrated at other people having opinions that are different to yours. :)

3 points from 10th.

5 points from 4th.

Which is closest?

Get a hold of yourself..... I said "pretty" close "considering it was in our own hands with 4 games to play"....

There's nothing outrageous about that statement; nor was there any semblance of a claim that we had a great season.

If you wanna argue all day about which is more important; points or final position, then you'll have to find someone else's leg to hump.

The way I see it, most fans have realised we’ve lucked out with Conte. We can all see the improvements being made, so we fear a lack of backing will see our biggest asset in years leave. So me personally i’m desperate for whatever this guy needs to happen, happens

One of the big problems with not singing 2-3 players now is we know wholesale changes (6-7 players) is too much at once. We need new blood in gradually so there is a more manageable transition, players can learn from each other. Again, for this reason, I know it’s costly and supplies might be thinner but this window is almost more important to me than the summer. I will also show intent and send a message to the rest of the squad that if you are shit, you’ll be replaced

I think you need to get real and instead oh hiding behind semantics; actually absorb andxrespobd to the meaning behind what is said.

Not all..... My reply explains why but it seems you're more intent on broadcasting your feelings than engaging with my retort.

You'll note in this exchange I've not challenged your opinion on how the clubs being run.

Perhaps that's the way you took that statement; but let me be perfectly clear..... There are some here (and therefore I assume elsewhere) that articulate their frustrations in a less toxic manner......

The loudest, most persistent voices however.....

Why not?

Peeps have been banging this drum for years...... "Over a decade" they'll eagerly tell you.

Could it be that like I said; they're going about it in a poor, ineffective fashion.....?

It takes alot of time and effort to organise these things. The only way it would be made more simple is if a United front was shared by almost all fans.

Conte was signed shortly after the Spurs stadium were roaring for Levy out.

Now we've signed Conte, the feelings have dissipated slightly. Rightly so, we can be reasonable to see if this is the moment that Spurs change their transfer model (now and in the summer).

But within a year we will know if this is just another stop gap to delay fan unrest. If Conte walks, there will be no more barriers to the truth of the situation.

One of the big problems with not singing 2-3 players now is we know wholesale changes (6-7 players) is too much at once. We need new blood in gradually so there is a more manageable transition, players can learn from each other. Again, for this reason, I know it’s costly and supplies might be thinner but this window is almost more important to me than the summer. I will also show intent and send a message to the rest of the squad that if you are shit, you’ll be replaced
Exactly. We are not going to have no signings now, but 6/7 in the summer.
Even two this window(positions we need upgrading on now,not a levy " one for the future") would be something.

I thought you were the master of facts? All football clubs are businesses. Can we get real please? Doesn't mean you can't support them as a football club due to loyalty to your roots.

It's also pretty unnecessary to call it condescending shite. I've offered my opinion. I think to group everyone that supports change at the club into the category of 'shit-flinging baboons' is arguably more condescending.

Change comes through discussion and convincing others. If not a forum, where else can someone share these thoughts to such a wide Spurs audience.

A mobilisation isn't ready yet, that is clear. There needs to be more widespread agreement among fan base. Right now it seems pretty 50 50.
I do agree with you that this is a place where we can all discuss, but when we do so we shouldn't just be trying to convince each other of our opinions, we should also be trying to understand why other people have different opinions to us, and thereby respect their right to do so.

There is so much abuse on this forum for anyone who dares to defend the way the club is run, but it is all a matter of opinion not fact. Airfixx Airfixx even now seems to have people obsessed with his / her / ("its" allegedly, being a robot and that) post count, and is regularly accused of 'working for Levy' etc, which is obviously nonsense as I share many of the opinions posted by that person, and I don't work for Levy, I've not even been to a game since 2011!

The problem is that one side more than the other, as far as I can see, seems unable to recognise that people can have different opinions, and so seem utterly outraged that anyone can think the club is being run well, or that our performances / league positions etc in the last 10 years have been good for a club of our stature etc. Perhaps I'm being unfair, perhaps the critics feel the same, perhaps they feel that they are made out to be idiots because they think the club is being run badly - I'm sure it works both ways.

So yes we should continue to discuss on here, but if discuss means 'abuse anyone who disagrees with you' (which I know you personally don't mean) then that's pointless, and if you mean 'discuss so that I can bring these idiots round to my way of thinking' then to be honest that's equally pointless. We can all hold different opinions, and all of those opinions be legitimate ones. We're dealing in opinions here, not facts.

As has been pointed out to you on numerous occasions by others, you saying 'fact' at the end of one of your opinions doesn't make it a fact. I'm not necessarily saying I disagree with your opinion - but that it is nonetheless an opinion, not a fact.
You're right - our squad totally isn't shit and we dont need to improve..

My bad

Back
Top Bottom