January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What I do understand is that Levy apologists know no shame and that makes me very sad
As per my long post to someone else on the last page, it's fine that it makes you sad, but it's not about having no shame, some of us just have a different opinion to you. Both sides have been able to demonstrate hundreds of time credible 'evidence' of why they feel the way they do. No one is 'right' or 'wrong', we just see things differently. You may think that 'your way' would be better for the club, I think 'my way' is better for the club. I respect your right to your opinion, and you should respect my right to mine.

Get a hold of yourself..... I said "pretty" close "considering it was in our own hands with 4 games to play"....

There's nothing outrageous about that statement; nor was there any semblance of a claim that we had a great season.

If you wanna argue all day about which is more important; points or final position, then you'll have to find someone else's leg to hump.

Pathetic backtracking - including lies. And it’s not about “which is more important; points or final position”, wtf:contelol:

You said “we came pretty close to 4th in the end” as a counter argument to someone who argued that we need a CM and did so for the last couple of seasons.

We finished 7th. That’s 3 spots from both 4th and 10th.

We were 5 points from 4th and 3 points from 10th.

Alas, it would be more accurate and factual for you to say “we were close to finishing 10th”.

As per my long post to someone else on the last page, it's fine that it makes you sad, but it's not about having no shame, some of us just have a different opinion to you. Both sides have been able to demonstrate hundreds of time credible 'evidence' of why they feel the way they do. No one is 'right' or 'wrong', we just see things differently. You may think that 'your way' would be better for the club, I think 'my way' is better for the club. I respect your right to your opinion, and you should respect my right to mine.
Good to have you on TFC, Daniel

Pathetic backtracking - including lies. And it’s not about “which is more important; points or final position”, wtf:contelol:

You said “we came pretty close to 4th in the end” as a counter argument to someone who argued that we need a CM and did so for the last couple of seasons.

We finished 7th. That’s 3 spots from both 4th and 10th.

We were 5 points from 4th and 3 points from 10th.

Alas, it would be more accurate and factual for you to say “we were close to finishing 10th”.
BRUTALITY

Good to have you TFC, Daniel
See I know you mean that as a joke obviously, but it's your inability to accept that other fans can have a different opinion that is your downfall. :(

I will happily debate the issues with anyone prepared to do so maturely - and there are a few on here - but it's hard to debate anything with someone who assumes that if you think differently to them then you must be on Levy's payroll...

It takes alot of time and effort to organise these things. The only way it would be made more simple is if a United front was shared by almost all fans.

Is 10 years....

Not enough?

Conte was signed shortly after the Spurs stadium were roaring for Levy out.

If you think a chorus or two of boos that day were the telling clincher in that scenario, then as politely as I can I put it to you that that's naive.

Now we've signed Conte, the feelings have dissipated slightly.

Why?

Does that not simply spell that the most vocal discontents are, despite the depth of conviction that they want to claim, easily distracted and placated......

If I though it was "21 years of theft, failure and no-ambition" and had been banging that drum for a decade, whilst subscribing to the "Levy get's good managers so he doesn't have to buy good players" shouldn't my thoughts and feeling remain a bit more resolute by this stage?

Rightly so, we can be reasonable to see if this is the moment that Spurs change their transfer model (now and in the summer).

(See last bit)

But within a year we will know if this is just another stop gap to delay fan unrest.

If one finds themselves viewing it that way, then more fool those that wavered from their long-term view (again; see above)

If Conte walks, there will be no more barriers

I happen to agree with this as a lot of my patience has been tied to my belief in what the stadium project was designed to do for our spendable revenue. However, even if your fears do come to pass; it doesn't mean that the "21 years of failure, theft etc." narrative has been comprehensively vindicated......

I don’t know why but for some reason I only pictured Dele going to an English club, not overseas. Not based on anything, but in my head I just made that connection.

Italian football is a good shout though.
I think it comes from the fact that English players, particularly young ones, haven't been that frequent explorers of football outside of England. Going abroad to play has probably been seen as a "failure" unless you get recruited to Real Madrid like Beckham was.

The Prem is considered the biggest league in the world after all. Not necessarily the best, but the biggest. It is only recently that more and more young players started seeing playing abroad as an option after Sancho broke through at Dortmund.

Conte wants a CB, RWB, CM and ST.

De Vrij, Traore, Arthur and Vhalovic would be superb additions. I don't think we'd get all of them, especially in one window, but our squad would all of a sudden look very good.

Conte wants a CB, RWB, CM and ST.

De Vrij, Traore, Arthur and Vhalovic would be superb additions. I don't think we'd get all of them, especially in one window, but our squad would all of a sudden look very good.
Arthur seems to have fallen off a cliff. He was superb vs us about four years ago. Looked a lovely little centre mid

Back
Top Bottom