January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe Traore will think we are a better bet career wise than Chelsea where he may be just a stop gap?
Personally a impact sub/squad player at the chavs would be far more tempting with endless trophies
Our squad is deficient. However, we’re not competing with Liverpool and City for top 4 are we?
We should be , but we are a mess and run incredibly badly we have no chance.
Also we have an owner who don't give a fuck about football.

Man, if Woolwich get Vlahovic this forum will implode.
And rightly so.
There's no smoke without fire.
And the smoke is getting thicker by the day,.

The meltdown though is, as usual, OTT.
We sniffed around this guy last summer when we were expecting, arrogantly, that City would cough up. They didn't that's the end of that. We aren't signing a £70m+ striker until Kane goes.
I doubt we have had much to say or do with the player since, so we're not being beaten to him at all.

I think it comes from the fact that English players, particularly young ones, haven't been that frequent explorers of football outside of England. Going abroad to play has probably been seen as a "failure" unless you get recruited to Real Madrid like Beckham was.

The Prem is considered the biggest league in the world after all. Not necessarily the best, but the biggest. It is only recently that more and more young players started seeing playing abroad as an option after Sancho broke through at Dortmund.
Not to mention most English people can't speak any 2nd language.

Pathetic backtracking - including lies.

Show me a lie. No backtracking either. I'm merely repeating myself.

You said “we came pretty close to 4th in the end” as a counter argument to someone who argued that we need a CM and did so for the last couple of seasons.

I specifically contradicted the statement that we finished 8th. Which was indeed false.....

"I hope to hell we sign a MF, but we didn't finish 8th last season..... Came pretty close to 4th in the end too."

I feel we were "pretty" close.... Not "desperately" or "hearbreakingly" or any similar such adjective....

Just "pretty"... "Fairly"..... blah.

There is NO "lie" on my part.

As you can see I even shared the desire for a CM, so it had fuck all to do with the rest of the guy's comments about CMs.

I'm sorry (not sorry) if the amount I post triggers you; but you may find the ignore button works for you on this front.... Twat.

Last edited:
We're in a good spot in the league with games in hand. This window is massively important to help us push for top 4 THIS SEASON so that we can sign players of higher calibre in the summer for UCL football next season.

I just wish we were more pro-active. Surely the club should sense the opportunity of being back in the UCL next season? All the other foundations are there, we just need to invest in the team now. Get a move on Levy.

Ideally, one day, Levy will pass out the coolaid and we can all start supporting the FOOTBALL CLUB again.
Are you suggesting the fans and players all commit mass suicide 'cos 'Jim Jones' Levy says so?

I don't get how that will help the cause? Surely HE'LL survive, and we all die?!

Are you suggesting the fans and players all commit mass suicide 'cos 'Jim Jones' Levy says so?

I don't get how that will help the cause? Surely HE'LL survive, and we all die?!
I meant he can pass out the coolaid to the cult of Levy members.
I doubt any players or coaches are in the cult.

It’s the last chance the fans give levy. If he screws conte out of the club he’s done. Not a single top manager will want to manage this club and any player with serious ambitions won’t come.
Oh i agree, but just not convinced Levy will change past habits. The fanbase haven't forgotten the ESL from last year he is on thin ice. Not that i think he will move on .As i have said previously, him and ENIC are building an Empire in N17 and aint going anywhere. They will be hated, but will stick around. Unfortunately

Back
Top Bottom