January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Especially if there's any truth in Chelsea sniffing. They don't pay back 50p a week.
Shadydan Shadydan - that's another thing that your basic figures don't show - payment structure.
I guess that if it’s committed, they can put it in their financial plan regardless of timing of payments and potentially spend against it

However Woolwich and United fans loathe their owners for a lack of success in recent years let’s say 7-10 years , 7 being United post Fergie
However they have still been more successful than us, Woolwich 3 FA cups I think to our big fat zero.

United fans resentment of the Glaziers runs MUCH deeper than that..... FC United / Gold&Yellow..... Look it up.

My point is why should Spurs fans not want ENIC out ,

See, I still don't get your end-game here..... It's not up to me to say what X or Y fan does or doesn't want.....

I just don't agree with SOME (not all) of the reasoning.

why are we expected to be more tolerant of failure than other fans

Every club's expectations and definition of "failure" is different.

Just repeating myself now; but Utd & Goons were once expectant(*) of a title challenge every season.

(*Underline "expectant" not merely hopeful..... Not since the 60's have we come close to establishing the reason to "expect" that..... 2015 thru 19 is the best run of league finishes we've has since 1962! .......That doesn't mean every season I don't reset myself and hope like fuck that we're in the mix.)

They have had 21 years to rectify our scouting and academy failings for example , it is still not fit for purpose , so yes I would prefer if they sold up

See this is the take I fundamentally disagree with...... It's been 21 years of peaks and troughs..... Not the '#21 years of theft, failure & no ambition' that the most vociferous of the baying throng like to perpetuate.

Deep down you know the things I'll list as evidence of this, so... I won't insult you by doing so once more.

Last edited:
Transfer windows are so fucking boring now.

Bullshit reports every five minutes, contradicting each other, coupled with us being completely useless and slow at everything just makes these windows so tedious and tiresome.

Fuck off

Ok - so while a website says we spent as much as or more than certain teams, what it doesn't say, is how we paid. We may have spent £30m on Sissoko in the same window Chelsea paid £30m for Kante. Parking the massive wage difference aside, theres every chance Chelsea offered up all or most of that fee at the time of purchase, whereas we would have paid for Sissoko over the length of his contract.
So when questionng why we aren't signing quality when we are spending the money - We're not spending as much as you think as the wages are substantially lower and clubs don't like our structure proposals.

According to a report by Italian news outlet Centrotrentuno, as also translated and relayed by Sport Witness, a Tottenham Hotspur transfer update has come to light involving Cagliari star Nahitan Nandez.
Nah, they missheard that, it was Ndombele at Nandos.

Transfer windows are so fucking boring now.

Bullshit reports every five minutes, contradicting each other, coupled with us being completely useless and slow at everything just makes these windows so tedious and tiresome.

Fuck off

And when the deal doesn't happen, fan have fucking meltdows that we didn't sign players we never tried to sign.

I suggest some folks here try this line when their season ticket bill comes.

This Is Fine GIF

I suggest some folks here try this line when their season ticket bill comes.

Don't worry I will. £1200 to make up the numbers isn't doing it for me any more. With thousands of seats available for every match, a membership is perfectly adequate these days. The only thing it won't get you is away tickets. Or tickets for finals but as we have only won one in 23 years, that's not really a hardship.

Don't worry I will. £1200 to make up the numbers isn't doing it for me any more. With thousands of seats available for every match, a membership is perfectly adequate these days. The only thing it won't get you is away tickets. Or tickets for finals but as we have only won one in 23 years, that's not really a hardship.

TBH, he only reason I wanted a season ticket was access to away games and cup finals.
Typically, the only 2 finals we've had since I got one were the CL final (no fucking chance) and the Ciy game last year behind closed doors.
As for away games, in about 37 years I might have enough points to go to away games close enough to be feasible.

This should act as a warning for every potential manager of ours, if Levy won't back Conte, one of the best managers in the world. Do you really think he'll back you?

"sOrRy, nO mOnEy aVaiLaBle".

Bullshit. The Athletic made a video on just how much we could spend without getting in trouble with FFP. We were miles ahead of every single club. If Levy and Lewis, the two main shareholders put money into our club in the form of shares then we could have up to £400M to spend without breaching FFP.

Banter club.

Back
Top Bottom