January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Always an excuse with the lack of money isnt there and there always will be. For me once we got Conte this was their last chance to prove they really wanted a good team and success. If they still aren't willing to do that then they need to sell, because they are a millstone to this club now.

This should act as a warning for every potential manager of ours, if Levy won't back Conte, one of the best managers in the world. Do you really think he'll back you?

"sOrRy, nO mOnEy aVaiLaBle".

Bullshit. The Athletic made a video on just how much we could spend without getting in trouble with FFP. We were miles ahead of every single club. If Levy and Lewis, the two main shareholders put money into our club in the form of shares then we could have up to £400M to spend without breaching FFP.

Banter club.

Depends on your definition of backing. Average of about £50m net per season over 5 years on fees has excited a few.
Piss all wages, low ball offers, pay monthly installment plans etc mean we'll ALWAYS miss out on the cream of the crop to the better teams.

Always an excuse with the lack of money isnt there and there always will be. For me once we got Conte this was their last chance to prove they really wanted a good team and success. If they still aren't willing to do that then they need to sell, because they are a millstone to this club now.

I bet Levy was actually over the moon with Covid. Yeah, no doubt it hurt, but it's an excuse he can hide behind for a decade now.

I suggest some folks here try this line when their season ticket bill comes.

american psycho GIF

Depends on your definition of backing. Average of about £50m net per season over 5 years on fees has excited a few.
Piss all wages, low ball offers, pay monthly installment plans etc mean we'll ALWAYS miss out on the cream of the crop to the better teams.
If Levy won't pay the 20 mil for Adama I don't see Conte remaining long having to survive on loan deals.

United fans resentment of the Glaziers runs MUCH deeper than that..... FC United / Gold&Yellow..... Look it up.

See, I still don't get your end-game here..... It's not up to me to say what X or Y fan does or doesn't want.....

I just don't agree with SOME (not all) of the reasoning.

Every club's expectations and definition of "failure" is different.

Just repeating myself now; but Utd & Goons were once expectant(*) of a title challenge every season.

(*Underline "expectant" not merely hopeful..... Not since the 60's have we come close to establishing the reason to "expect" that..... 2015 thru 19 is the best run of league finishes we've has since 1962! .......That doesn't mean every season I don't reset myself and hope like fuck that we're in the mix.)

See this is the take I fundamentally disagree with...... It's been 21 years of peaks and troughs..... Not the '#21 years of theft, failure & no ambition' that the most vociferous of the baying throng like to perpetuate.

Deep down you know the things I'll list as evidence of this, so... I won't insult you by doing so once more.
i am aware of other reasons for fans hatred of the Glazers, but equally they are unhappy with recent lack of success. Woodward went because of being useless after taking over from Gill , his leaving had nothing to do with the longer term issue

There have been peaks , but our current plight has a lot to do with terrible decisions

Our academy has always been poor since I supported the club in 67, Hoddle , Campbell , King and Kane the only real class to emerge in 55 years . However 21 years is plenty of time to rectify it , same with scouting failures.

Clearly people have different opinions, mine is simply being better than Sugar is not enough. The negatives outweigh the positives for me, but I will admit there has been positives

This should act as a warning for every potential manager of ours, if Levy won't back Conte, one of the best managers in the world. Do you really think he'll back you?

"sOrRy, nO mOnEy aVaiLaBle".

Bullshit. The Athletic made a video on just how much we could spend without getting in trouble with FFP. We were miles ahead of every single club. If Levy and Lewis, the two main shareholders put money into our club in the form of shares then we could have up to £400M to spend without breaching FFP.

Banter club.

The Athletic clearly has vocabulary problems.

:levystare:

Perhaps they should abstain from speculating in could when they haven't grasped our understanding of would after 21 fucking years.

Understandably so, as the total net spend over the 5 years before that was negative.

:levylol::levywhoa:

I fucking hate transfer windows. It’s the same shit rumors every time. No idea why people even give reporters clicks anymore.

“Spurs interested in X”
“Spurs had offer rejected”
“Working on bid”
“Looking to loan”
“Funds limited”
“End of window”

Repeat.

Back
Top Bottom