January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ice cream melt GIF by jasnim

Just leaving this here.

John Thomas John Thomas

I see you disagreed, curious to know which bit you disagreed with though?

These clubs take advantage of our undying loyalty and continue to push and push on us to give them every penny we can afford.
You seem to be suggesting that all clubs are equally guilty of taking advantage of their fans, in another pathetic attempt to stand in the firing line of our owners.
The fact we charge elite level ticket prices without showing elite level ambition shows we're more guilty than most.

How would you justify the Aston Villa ticketing scandal at the end of last season for example. When we were the only club to take their own fans for mugs and treat them like shit by parking them as far away from the pitch as possible to maximise advertising revenue?

Kane you believe it made a very valid point which you pissed upon with a nonsense reply.

There. Hope that satisfies your curiosity.

I think a lot of the problem at Spurs isn't lack of ambition sometimes, it's actually being snobbish. Some of you display it very often.

We finished halfway down the league last year and haven't won anything significant for a very long time.
We probably need to bolster our squad some minor upgrades this month, the likes of Lingaard who is a goal threat unlike others, isn't to be sniffed at.

I wouldn't bet against United selling for pittance now to avoid paying him 6 months wages and then lose him for nothing at the end of the season.
Yes you beat me to this post.

A great example of this is that our fans were happy to deride the ECL competition in the hope of getting CL.

We struggled to get out of the group of the 3rd best European competition and yet we are expecting to compete with Europe's elite. Do me a favour.

That's like wanting to drive an F1 car when you don't even have the skills to drive a fiat punto.

Despite signing Cristian Romero this summer, Tottenham are still looking for a new centre-back, and that man could be Gleison Bremer.

The Brazilian has been linked with a move to the Premier League for a while now, but no offers have come forward just yet.

Tottenham continue to be named, this time by Il Giornale in Italy, who, relayed by Milan News 24, claim that Spurs are still ‘in the running’ to sign the 24-year-old.

With a contract at Torino expiring in 2023, the player has ‘allegedly refused the renewal of the contract’, which is forcing the Serie A side to think about a sale.

However, they won’t just let him go for cheap, with it claimed that the owner of the Italian club, Urbano Cairo, ‘valuing him at no less than €25m’.

That’s an affordable price for Tottenham, who will have that in their bank account if needed, but it remains to be seen if they get beaten to it by either Milan or Inter, who are also interested in the defender’s services.

As I’ve said before, there’s no money. Loan to buy when the price is £20m indicates that more than ever. We had losses of over £100m in the last two years due to covid. The club is currently fucked financially. It’s beyond obvious.
Shouldn't be bringing in a manager like Conte then

What is the long term strategy with this club , we are all over the place. It's an absolute mess

Shouldn't be bringing in a manager like Conte then

What is the long term strategy with this club , we are all over the place. It's an absolute mess

I have said the same before. Bringing Conte in is pointless unless they plan to back him. We’ve all been sceptical of them not doing so because of the utter stupidity of it.

The only way it makes sense is if we are getting outside investment or new owners or they are just taking the piss. We know the answer don’t we!

I have said the same before. Bringing Conte in is pointless unless they plan to back him. We’ve all been sceptical of them not doing so because of the utter stupidity of it.

The only way it makes sense is if we are getting outside investment or new owners or they are just taking the piss. We know the answer don’t we!
We look stupid.

Back
Top Bottom