January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ok - so while a website says we spent as much as or more than certain teams, what it doesn't say, is how we paid. We may have spent £30m on Sissoko in the same window Chelsea paid £30m for Kante. Parking the massive wage difference aside, theres every chance Chelsea offered up all or most of that fee at the time of purchase, whereas we would have paid for Sissoko over the length of his contract.
So when questionng why we aren't signing quality when we are spending the money - We're not spending as much as you think as the wages are substantially lower and clubs don't like our structure proposals.

Nah, they missheard that, it was Ndombele at Nandos.

Sure :thumbup:

Why do so many people on here continue to wholeheartedly support and defend €NIC?
It's just beyond any reasonable comprehension now.

You looked through those accounts yet or realised there was grounds empty for a year? The fuckers don’t put their hands into their own pockets but it’s compounded by the covid losses. Same for every club who dont have owners who put money in. Whilst it’s partly their fault, it’s not entirely their fault. That is obvious to everyone with half a brain.

You seem to be suggesting that all clubs are equally guilty of taking advantage of their fans, in another pathetic attempt to stand in the firing line of our owners.
The fact we charge elite level ticket prices without showing elite level ambition shows we're more guilty than most.

How would you justify the Aston Villa ticketing scandal at the end of last season for example. When we were the only club to take their own fans for mugs and treat them like shit by parking them as far away from the pitch as possible to maximise advertising revenue?

Kane you believe it made a very valid point which you pissed upon with a nonsense reply.

There. Hope that satisfies your curiosity.

Fucking hell, are you alright?

in another pathetic attempt to stand in the firing line of our owners.

What other attempts have I made? I think you may have me confused with another user, I don't think I've stood up for the owners previous to this.

My point was regarding 'elite football' as a whole, which couldn't give two fucks about you or me, the consumer. Which is why shit like the ESL could even have got to the stage it did.

It did satisfy my curiosity though, thanks, it's a message board so when someone disagrees with something I've said I'm curious to know why. Nice of you to bother replying this time though, rather than leaving a childish little cross.

Nobody panic

Burning Freak Out GIF by Jin

i am aware of other reasons for fans hatred of the Glazers, but equally they are unhappy with recent lack of success. Woodward went because of being useless after taking over from Gill , his leaving had nothing to do with the longer term issue

Like I already outlined.... See "expectations".

(Beyond that I haven't got the will or the depth of insight to be debating the plight of another clubs fans.)

There have been peaks , but our current plight has a lot to do with terrible decisions.

Which is a WAY more reasonable take(*) than the 21 years of failure narrative that you brushed across (perhaps unintentionally?) in your last post.

(*You won't find me - past or present - arguing otherwise.)

Our academy has always been poor since I supported the club in 67, Hoddle , Campbell , King and Kane the only real class to emerge in 55 years . However 21 years is plenty of time to rectify it ,

Again; there's a strong wiff of holding ENIC responsible for 55 years here..... The academy has seemed to have gone off the boil of late, but the fact is though that the McDermot/Sherwood era of our academy was highly productive (once you factor in over 100m of Spurs 'capped' players that were sold) and yet even then it's still in a way better state than when ENIC took over...

Much like every aspect of the club.

same with scouting failures.

Not; it's NOT the same with scouting failures. There have been spells under ENIC where our recruitment has been decent. All those players that we've enjoyed and revered over the last 15+ years didn't just magically fall into our lap.

Again; you know the names so I won't draw this part out any longer than necessary.

Clearly people have different opinions, mine is simply being better than Sugar is not enough.

Didn't say it was..... I sure as fuck want more glory too...... But no league title since 1961 runs a hell of a lot deeper than 21 years and, similarly, the relative trophy drought started before even Sugar arrived!

The negatives outweigh the positives for me, but I will admit there has been positives

Great. No-where in this exchange (nor any others IIRC) have I dared deny you that take. So with the greatest will and respect in the world; I don't know why you felt it necessary to steer me down this avenue of debate bearing in mind my OG post.

(You know full well I am prepared to tango; so it was more than a bit silly of you to acuse me of "doing a Boris".)

Wasn't overly worried about lack of action so far (It's a Jan window, very few teams do that much) but some of the murmurs about how little we have to spend and the fact we're going for almost exclusively frees, loans or cheap deals has me worried.

We could see Conte walk this summer. And that would surely be the last straw for 90% of the fanbase right?

I have said the same before. Bringing Conte in is pointless unless they plan to back him. We’ve all been sceptical of them not doing so because of the utter stupidity of it.

The only way it makes sense is if we are getting outside investment or new owners or they are just taking the piss. We know the answer don’t we!
Exactly this. Our owners are all for the big show but nothing to back it up. Fur coat and no knickers. They want to be Chelsea but we're more West Ham. If we're skint we should have gone for Potter or ten Hag but i assume that was out as we had to pay off their contracts.

Wasn't overly worried about lack of action so far (It's a Jan window, very few teams do that much) but some of the murmurs about how little we have to spend and the fact we're going for almost exclusively frees, loans or cheap deals has me worried.

We could see Conte walk this summer. And that would surely be the last straw for 90% of the fanbase right?
It's going to be tough, seeing him at united.

Fucking hell, are you alright?

What other attempts have I made? I think you may have me confused with another user, I don't think I've stood up for the owners previous to this.

My point was regarding 'elite football' as a whole, which couldn't give two fucks about you or me, the consumer. Which is why shit like the ESL could even have got to the stage it did.

It did satisfy my curiosity though, thanks, it's a message board so when someone disagrees with something I've said I'm curious to know why. Nice of you to bother replying this time though, rather than leaving a childish little cross.
Just to clarify, I didn't mean another pathetic attempt by you specifically, just another pathetic attempt in general to whitewash the disgusting action of our cunt owners on this forum.
It's becoming more and more nauseating by the day.

Exactly this. Our owners are all for the big show but nothing to back it up. Fur coat and no knickers. They want to be Chelsea but we're more West Ham. If we're skint we should have gone for Potter or ten Hag but i assume that was out as we had to pay off their contracts.

I agree with your post, but I do want to add that fur coat and no knickers is fucking awesome and shouldn't be associated with Joe Lewis.

Back
Top Bottom