January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep, they set themselves up for this and now they have to deliver. Conte won't work as an appeasement tactic if he then walks out the door a season later.

It's not really even about Conte for me (although it does further feed the pressure)...... Stadium build phase is over.... We've survived the worst of Covid and it should show little impact on the next set of annual accounts..... All the gigs and extra events will be happening this year.....

I'm not expecting £200m net every summer; but it's game-time never-the-less

If were small time in next two transfer windows then levy needs to sell up to a more ambitious owner. He cant hang around just for sentimentality. Hes earned well out of us. If we did like they do in spain vote about the chairman it would be vote of no confidence. No question.

So now we know what many of feared/expected that the club isn't going to spend any real money to compete, which seals not only the fate of our Champions league hopes but also means Conte will be gone very soon.

The real question is, how do we force ENIC to sell?

Is it a question of the fan base coming together refusing to buy tickets, refusing to buy merchandise and if you do go to the ground not drinking or eating inside?

There must be a way because I'm sick and tired of the lack of ambition, Won't be long before the goons will be lauding it over us again.
Give them about a billion pounds.

Exactly this. Our owners are all for the big show but nothing to back it up. Fur coat and no knickers. They want to be Chelsea but we're more West Ham. If we're skint we should have gone for Potter or ten Hag but i assume that was out as we had to pay off their contracts.

I will take the wait and see approach to this window and the summer one but their history isn’t good.

However if they have gone for Conte without backing him massively (150-200m net over the next two windows) Conte will leave and unlike Jose who can be argued is way past it Conte is one of the Worlds best managers. They will look so stupid and ridiculous to have promised Conte the World and delivered nothing that no Spurs fan or journalist will ever take them seriously again, they will be left with all of the integrity of Boris Johnson.

It’s such a mind blowing proposition that at least 50% of me thinks they will back him hard because the alternative is the end of the Tottenham project and ENIC’s name permanently in disgrace.

There won’t be any coming back this time, it will be over we will be Everton and nothing else.

Yes you beat me to this post.

A great example of this is that our fans were happy to deride the ECL competition in the hope of getting CL.

We struggled to get out of the group of the 3rd best European competition and yet we are expecting to compete with Europe's elite. Do me a favour.

That's like wanting to drive an F1 car when you don't even have the skills to drive a fiat punto.

That's not really what I meant and we could have won that tournament if we wanted to play our strongest team every Thursday night.

No one, including the club wanted to do that though.

I will take the wait and see approach to this window and the summer one but their history isn’t good.

However if they have gone for Conte without backing him massively (150-200m net over the next two windows) Conte will leave and unlike Jose who can be argued is way past it Conte is one of the Worlds best managers. They will look so stupid and ridiculous to have promised Conte the World and delivered nothing that no Spurs fan or journalist will ever take them seriously again, they will be left with all of the integrity of Boris Johnson.

It’s such a mind blowing proposition that at least 50% of me thinks they will back him hard because the alternative is the end of the Tottenham project and ENIC’s name permanently in disgrace.

There won’t be any coming back this time, it will be over we will be Everton and nothing else.

This is just it, this is why there are so many people panicking on here. I think people thought when we got Conte that it was a sign of ambition and he was going to be heavily backed, even given ENIC's track record of spending when we got in a DoF and Conte I was thinking "Here we go"

Makes ZERO sense getting in a world class manager if you have no money to give him, may as well have stuck with Nuno at least there would be zero expectation.

It just looks like the club wants to appear to have ambition to keep people buying tickets and keeping revenue up, but in reality there is zero ambition from the top. It's all for show.

Agreed. Our squad cant beat Vittesse, Mura or Morecambe. Our first team is pretty average with our 3 best and i'd say only top players being Lloris (35 and out of contact in 5 months), Son (30 in the summer) Kane (29 by the start of next season and 2 years left on contract). The only way out of this mess is to spend.
I am NOT disagreeing with your points of view but regarding age... Lewandowski is 33, Benzema is 34, Messi is 34, Cristiano Ronaldo is 37, and Zlatan is 40...

Back
Top Bottom