Tottenham Hotspur v Moscow Blues | Carabao Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg | Wednesday 12 January 2022 | 19:45 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For a season or 2 under Poch we were better than Chelsea
but since then our transfers have been awful
look at our bench and their bench last night

is that Levy's fault the various managers or the DoF's ?
A mixture of all of them.

We had this weird phase where we couldn't apparently get players better than our first 11, because "nobody's coming to sit on the bench" when other clubs seem to not have this issue. Then we had a phase where we didn't sign anyone (which is the actual reason we are fucked) then a load of panic buys, poor investment and then COVID. We've only had a DOF for 6 months or so.

Poor planning, poor scouting, poor (and non) investment followed by poor management. We have an unbalanced squad, with a huge lack of technical ability, and a lack of competent back up options. All whilst spending millions on shit players.

Ultimately, the blame lies with ENIC and Levy. I mean what the fuck does Hitchen do? And how does he still have a job?

Be

You mean when they beat us in the league cup final and when we came second in the league title race oh and when they beat us in the FA cup semi final as well, yes the is right we were better than them fffs.
wasn't saying we beat them, we were hgher than them in the league

mate - stop posting
seriously - this site is for people that support this club
I’m glad it’s not just me who noticed this..
I often see this kind of nonesense on other forums or social media, but I have never seen one as pathetic as this child. I’m going through the match thread and his comments beggar belief. I can only hope he is a 12 year old, if he’s a grown man then he really needs to have a look at himself.
He is practically giddy when we are losing, I suspect he must be a fan of another club who is extremely bored.
He repeatedly calls our players, Wankerty, Wanks, Lo Wanko etc etc, it’s as if hs just learnt a new word and his mum has given him permission to use it in public.

It saddens me to know that we have players in our squad as poor as some on show last night but it saddens me more to know that we have ‘fans’ as childish and pathetic as this.

Last edited:
I haven’t seen anyone mention it so I assume the Sky cameras or commentators never picked up on the latest despicable behaviour by their scum fans?
When the para medics and stewards surrounded the individual receiving urgent medical attention, their low life scum fans were singing Tottenham get battered, the crowd picked up on it and booed but it looks like they were protected by the media again.

Last night was like watching the 2nd string against a some shite in the Ropey league.

After sleeping on it, it actually feels like Conte decided to throw the game.
Maybe there is a remit to be in the CL next season to release funding in the summer.

We had a left sided player for LWB fit, on the bench but played the Donkey out there for 70 mins. We had Skipp, Bergwjin, Lloris, Dele, Ndombele and some of them didn't even make the bench.

The strange thing is, we went strong against West Ham and we went kind of strong in the first leg. Something has changed since the first leg. Maybe that mythical transfer meeting?

I haven’t seen anyone mention it so I assume the Sky cameras or commentators never picked up on the latest despicable behaviour by their scum fans?
When the para medics and stewards surrounded the individual receiving urgent medical attention, their low life scum fans were singing Tottenham get battered, the crowd picked up on it and booed but it looks like they were protected by the media again.
Eh? That's literally a song away fans have been singing about is for years.

Yes I know they sang it deliberately at the time they knew one fan was in trouble.. They knew exactly what they were doing and that’s why our fans booed them
I doubt that very much, they were more likely highlighting the fact they did actually batter us over two legs.
Badly timed song perhaps but to suggest they were revelling in a person's medical emergency is daft.

They zoomed in on the south stand and alternated between that and Mariner. I'm not sure that it was immediately obvious what was happening , and they were singing that at us all game.

I doubt that very much, they were more likely highlighting the fact they did actually batter us over two legs.
Badly timed song perhaps but to suggest they were revelling in a person's medical emergency is daft.
The fans in the ground knew what they were doing and that’s why they booed.
The ground was silent whilst the medics moved in and then they decided to break out in that song.. If you think they are not capable of that then fine.

Meh, I lean skeptical on the official story of COVID, like our Eastern friend here, and I also have all those things. Well, I suppose I'm not a practicing doctor, tbf, but I'm a neuroscience academic (which is more relevant than it sounds: you do have to study a ton of physiology and general medicine to conduct serious research in e.g. molecular neuroscience; and I've got publications in other human biology fields too). Hell, I'm pretty sure me and Spaniel have talked science and academia before, back in the early days of the COVID thread, when it was still interesting and not shit.
I'd love to believe that
But I'm"gonna" take convincing that anyone would publish anything you penned

If tomorrow is not filled with RELIABLE sources saying we are close to signing someone then ENIC obviously does not give a shit about the club. I 100% believe Conte played certain players today just to show the club we need investments. If we won tonight, we all know Levy would just use that as leverage to show we do not need to sign anyone.

Losing over 2 legs like we did just shows how far we are from a Champions League club. It is pathetic how little the ownership cares.
I’m clutching at straws, hoping the same. It was there for lewis and levy to behold, followed by a dejected manager. If that doesn’t put the fear of god in them, then we’re screwed. Maybe this is the best game conte has ever played..

I’m clutching at straws, hoping the same. It was there for lewis and levy to behold, followed by a dejected manager. If that doesn’t put the fear of god in them, then we’re screwed. Maybe this is the best game conte has ever played..
no sure what the point was in getting Conte if Levy can't see we need players
just being in EPL isn't good enough for Conte, but maybe ok for Levy

That was a much better performance than the first leg,it really was.
Shows how bad the first leg was then doesn't it,as a few spells aside it was still dross for the most part.
Forget about new signings,Conte needs to use mafia style threats to get Hugo to sign a new deal first and foremost. That keeper(oh my aching sides)don't cut it.
As for the off side goal. Correct decision. Silly fucking rule,but was applied correctly last night.
I am off to pull the wings of flies,moths and butterflies. I am horrible like that.
COYS
Roll on Sunday...

Last edited:
no sure what the point was in getting Conte if Levy can't see we need players
just being in EPL isn't good enough for Conte, but maybe ok for Levy
Same for Jose though. Conte is better than Jose. Why spend £15m on a coach and then not give him the tools he needs to actually do his job?

2 og's in the first leg, and 3 VAR decisions against us in the 2nd...
Dunno what point I'm trying to make, but somehow, the footballing gods wanted Chelsea in the Final more than us!

Back
Top Bottom