Tottenham Hotspur v Moscow Blues | Carabao Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg | Wednesday 12 January 2022 | 19:45 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well thank god that's over, I'm just writing that tie off tbh with you. Even with a full strength first 11 and bench that's a bloody tough match against a Chelsea team that is just miles ahead of us. You only have to look at the subs they were bringing on. Only Man City can really compete with that and we all know how they have got to this point.

I genuinely dislike Chelsea the most, we have a dreadful record against them, all their players are twats and their fans are just glory hunting chavs.

Mate, the three VAR decisions were correct.
Completely agree that the decisions were correct but I don't think I've ever seen a match where an on field ref has made three decisions only to be over ruled on three occasions. I've also never seen an offside like the one Kane had.

It's mad that this all happens in a Tottenham semi final where nothing ever seems to go for us.

Also, it says a lot about the state of officiating when the clowns on the pitch have to have the game re reffed for them. It was almost like an advertisement for VAR to prove how well it works!

Completely agree that the decisions were correct but I don't think I've ever seen a match where an on field ref has made three decisions only to be over ruled on three occasions. I've also never seen an offside like the one Kane had.

It's mad that this all happens in a Tottenham semi final where nothing ever seems to go for us.

Also, it says a lot about the state of officiating when the clowns on the pitch have to have the game re reffed for them. It was almost like an advertisement for VAR to prove how well it works!
Mariner was awful but this is what VAR was brought in for. I know it seems like it always goes against us - especially lately - but it is more accurate than not having it. And we got to a Champion's League Semi because of it. We got a goal against Newcastle in the league because of it.

Mariner was awful but this is what VAR was brought in for. I know it seems like it always goes against us - especially lately - but it is more accurate than not having it. And we got to a Champion's League Semi because of it. We got a goal against Newcastle in the league because of it.
Exactly . That off side may have thrown everyone,but it was the correct decision. Clear cut. 2 defenders behind the scorer. People take it for granted one is nearly always the keeper. But it doesn't have to be.

Mariner should be sacked and demoted after last night. Blind cunt always loses control

2 og's in the first leg, and 3 VAR decisions against us in the 2nd...
Dunno what point I'm trying to make, but somehow, the footballing gods wanted Chelsea in the Final more than us!
The 3 VARs

1) The Danish Dud had he stayed on his feet was clean through on the keeper, Rudiger was on his arse so he did a stupid dive outside the box that obviously resulted in us wasting a chance. Did he forget VAR was there?

2) Moura's was very, very clearly a wrong decision.

3) Kane could have made sure he was onside if he hadn't stood ball watching. It wouldn't have been hard for him to look across the line, step back then receive the pass.

As for the 2 OGs, Dav's was simply unlucky but the situation arose from Tanganga and Emerson giving the ball away and the second was Tanganga heading the ball downward into his own player.

There was no bad luck, it was all poor decision making on our behalf.

All this talk of the (correct) VAR decisions and og’s being bad luck .. it’s just rubbish imo. You make your own luck, and over the two ties Chelsea were superior to us. It’s not good enough to bemoan ‘the gods’ when we could and should be doing better from the boardroom to the playing staff. It’s that sort of thinking that fuels the ‘spursy’ narrative, which any decent sports psychologist will tell you just contributes to ongoing failure when it matters most (semi finals, finals, key top 4 matches).

All this talk of the (correct) VAR decisions and og’s being bad luck .. it’s just rubbish imo. You make your own luck, and over the two ties Chelsea were superior to us. It’s not good enough to bemoan ‘the gods’ when we could and should be doing better from the boardroom to the playing staff. It’s that sort of thinking that fuels the ‘spursy’ narrative, which any decent sports psychologist will tell you just contributes to ongoing failure when it matters most (semi finals, finals, key top 4 matches).
We were shit,end of. Shit teams rarely win things
The end

Back
Top Bottom