Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Boxing day 2017 Vs Southampton 5-2 win @ Wembley 57k - 23k down on capacity
Boxing day 2018 Vs Bournemouth 5-0 Vs Bournemouth 45k - 35k down on capacity
Boxing Day 2019 Vs Brighton 2-1 THFC Stadium 56k - not bad
2020 no game and no fans anyway.

All of those games didn't have covid to throw in to the mix either.
Well we'll soon find out after Sunday. I suspect a lot depends on the next 2 results and potential signings but i think they should be concerned.

Mate it’s not just Boxing Day….. look at the data. There are thousands of resale tickets every game (bar Sunday)

How many tickets are there for the NLD this weekend?
Now christmas and new year and the Omicron panic are over, let's judge it.

Don't get me wrong, it would teach that weasel a lesson that neglect leads to lack of loyalty. But let's not get carried away. It'll be late 50ks most of the time for now.

Good. Anything that improves the Tottenham area and the lives of the residents there is a good thing in my book. ENIC should be applauded for improving the area rather than derided for it. Without them in modern times it would be in a lot worse state.
Another Levy not?

The pitfalls of gentrification are extremely well documented. I've seen it happen in virtually every neighborhood of the city I live in. It's displaced far more homeless than housed, it's raised the cost of living 10 fold while raising wages only about half as much for anything that isn't a white collar office job, and caused severe inequality everywhere in the city.

Local businesses leave and go bankrupt because they can't afford rent. They're replaced by money hungry global franchises with 0 culture and horrible working conditions for staff generally. Neighborhoods are displaced at magnificent rates.

Gentrification is a bad thing, Don Levy.

Another Levy not?

The pitfalls of gentrification are extremely well documented. I've seen it happen in virtually every neighborhood of the city I live in. It's displaced far more homeless than housed, it's raised the cost of living 10 fold while raising wages only about half as much for anything that isn't a white collar office job, and caused severe inequality everywhere in the city.

Local businesses leave and go bankrupt because they can't afford rent. They're replaced by money hungry global franchises with 0 culture and horrible working conditions for staff generally. Neighborhoods are displaced at magnificent rates.

Let's keep parts of it a shit hole forever then. Fucking hell, so small minded.

Another Levy not?

It's not bad for people who own houses in the area. Far from it.

How many tickets are there for the NLD this weekend?
Now christmas and new year and the Omicron panic are over, let's judge it.

Don't get me wrong, it would teach that weasel a lesson that neglect leads to lack of loyalty. But let's not get carried away. It'll be late 50ks most of the time for now.
None.

There have been thousands available all season, not just in Dec.

Let’s see… the Brighton cup game is the one to watch in terms of trend for next season. The resale and cup availability is a glimpse into the future

What a lot of people are now getting is that The value of ENIC has skyrocketed the past 20 years but the value of TFC has stagnated, if not fallen.

Daniel and Co invested in a business. Look at the figures, the business is booming. We have invested in a FC, our investment is what you see on the park. If you bought a shirt Every year for the past 20 years, all you'll have left is something with "Emotional Value". Everything you have invested has Zero value. Levy looks at it and probably has a Laughing session.

None.

There have been thousands available all season, not just in Dec.

Let’s see… the Brighton cup game is the one to watch in terms of trend for next season. The resale and cup availability is a glimpse into the future

Prior to Wembley, I didn't have a season ticket. Yet outside of the biggest games, I always got home tickets as a member. In a 35k seat stadium.

I'm not sure why you think we could add almost 20k seats and somehow sell out every week, with a declining quality of football and competitiveness.

What we don't know is how many premium spaces are available. I bet they make at least as much as the entire population of normal seats, if not substantially more.

Prior to Wembley, I didn't have a season ticket. Yet outside of the biggest games, I always got home tickets as a member. In a 35k seat stadium.

I'm not sure why you think we could add almost 20k seats and somehow sell out every week, with a declining quality of football and competitiveness.

What we don't know is how many premium spaces are available. I bet they make at least as much as the entire population of normal seats, if not substantially more.
That’s true - but do you think the premium owners are happy with the product? If I had a box I would be renegotiating already

That’s true - but do you think the premium owners are happy with the product? If I had a box I would be renegotiating already
As it stands, I doubt they care as they've already paid up front. It was obsurd, like £20k a year min of 2 spots and possibly 2 years so £80k upfront.
I also doubt they're all Spurs fans or even use the spots, they probably bribe clients by sending them.

If Conte goes due to lack of funding they will be in trouble, there will be bigger gaps in the stands than in Janet Street Porters teeth

As it stands, I doubt they care as they've already paid up front. It was obsurd, like £20k a year min of 2 spots and possibly 2 years so £80k upfront.
I also doubt they're all Spurs fans or even use the spots, they probably bribe clients by sending them.
That’s absolutely a reason why I would be renegotiating and creating levers to get out of it….. when clients aren’t interested, they stop making payments (or extending)

If Conte goes due to lack of funding they will be in trouble, there will be bigger gaps in the stands than in Janet Street Porters teeth
100% CORRECT.
The fans are already voting with their feet and not attending games.
I fear the season ticket take up for next season will be around 60% of what it currently is now.

There are many reasons the attendances are down.
Poor performances by the team
Having to go through Hoops to actually get a ticket. (I read the many stories from people trying to get tickets for friends and having to register them etc)
Those scared of catching Covid
Those isolating because of Covid.
Those that cannot or will not comply with Covid restrictions and could get refused admission if they do not have the correct paperwork

What I do not know is how much the lack of attendances is affecting the club and how much is carried by Season ticket holders that cannot resell their ticket.
The top 2 reasons are down to Levy and he has a couple of weeks to deal with the first by proving funds to get players in. I doubt he will back down on the tiresome ticket restrictions but the team will not get better without new players.
Lose Sunday and the pressure on him will multiply but even the most Ardent Enic out supporter should not want us to lose a NLD.

Back
Top Bottom