Dilan Markanday

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Been thinking for a while that we should look to diversify our portfolio & branch out into the lucrative horror market

Maybe convert the stadium into a London Dungeons type venue (When NFL & Pop concerts aren't happening ofcourse)

£300 Quid Levy masks on sale in the club shop , we'll be raking it in
Welcome to this forum, Daniel!

I’m sure part of this is an assessment by Conte that he’s not ready for the first team, which informs Markanday’s willingness to accept the move.

Conte has had kids in his squads, it’s not like he’s opposed to all of them.

And a hefty sell-on clause can make these pretty shrewd deals.

The trouble is we need HGP bad.

125 la liga games? That didnt sound right. So I checked. He started 30 games in la liga overall in 3 years and has around 20 something sub appearances.
I'm crap at maths mate, its 62, regardless of started or sub: 21 Sevilla, 12 Leganes, 29 Eibar, including cup games. Four international caps at the Olympics.

Still a world of difference with young Dilan

Maybe he realises he needs to play football in the real world rather than just spend time playing with kids. At least he didnt go in the newspapers and cry about the managers like a rat does.

Probably hasn't got journo's with a mic in his face asking about his fading England career either....

Is Defoe a rat? Cos he did no different on several occasions.

I don't understand the outrage. Club want him to extend and go out on loan to develop, much like Kane and Skippy did. He doesn't want to do that and wants to be a first team player right now, but clearly Conte doesn't think he's ready yet. His contract's almost up, I don't see how else you proceed. We have add-ons and sell-ons included. Job done.

There's a lot to throw at Levy and ENIC right now, this isn't one of those things.

I’m sure part of this is an assessment by Conte that he’s not ready for the first team, which informs Markanday’s willingness to accept the move.

Conte has had kids in his squads, it’s not like he’s opposed to all of them.

And a hefty sell-on clause can make these pretty shrewd deals.

The trouble is we need HGP bad.

TBH, my broader feeling is that anyone between 18 - 21 that we have hopes for should be found a loan.... Unless we genuinely think they stand to get significant minutes with the senior team.

(Leave the U23's for the lesser prospects and the potential late developers.)

From the one's that leave, to the KWPs, Onomah's, Tanganga's we're frittering too many of these lads away and not maximising their potential talent or resale value...... Been happening since the 2nd half of Poch's time here.

Last edited:
I say good luck to him, showing the balls to go and play 1st team football instead of settling for a reserve role which he could have done.

Ideally i would have sent him on loan but if the lad thinks he's good enough to be a 1st team player, more power to him. It's his career and he's 20, he needs 1st team football somewhere and if it's not here the Championship is a good start for him.

So are we allowed to criticise Chelsea for failing to get loans for Lamptey and Livramento. Both have now departed for not a lot of money and will both probably play for England.
Young players are now looking past the money and want to play first team football.
Yes I know they have to get past Reece James but you can’t always keep young players.
The lack of loans was really started by Poch. It was his policy .

And I think that with the fullness of time it's no longer controversial to point out that Mauricio, while being a great first team coach, was very bad at transfers. We need to be pragmatic, and if they aren't getting a path directly into the first team, then yes, we should be trying to loan them, or failing that, sell them with buy-back and sell-on clauses. If they find their feet, great, we can bring them back. If they don't, well, we got some money and we move on to the next youth crop.

Let Dilan go, and see if he's got what it takes. It's the least-risky option.

I don't understand the outrage. Club want him to extend and go out on loan to develop, much like Kane and Skippy did. He doesn't want to do that and wants to be a first team player right now, but clearly Conte doesn't think he's ready yet. His contract's almost up, I don't see how else you proceed. We have add-ons and sell-ons included. Job done.

There's a lot to throw at Levy and ENIC right now, this isn't one of those things.
The outrage is because our fans think all our kids are going to blow up like Kane.

*they're not.

I would have preferred to have keep him because better to have someone under contract than not, but there is little to indicate that he will be someone that we regret and outside of maybe Madueke none of the other young guys we got rid of have come back to really be a regret when losing them like many fans were worried.

He 100% should not have been given first team minutes at all,

I would have preferred to have keep him because better to have someone under contract than not, but there is little to indicate that he will be someone that we regret and outside of maybe Madueke none of the other young guys we got rid of have come back to really be a regret when losing them like many fans were worried.

He 100% should not have been given first team minutes at all,

Players who have made it to our first team via the academy have rarely ever gone on to do much.
Carrol, Tarrabt, Mason, Townsend, etc etc.
I can't figure out if the people who always want these kids in our first team actually watch the kids and can't understand that it doesn't translate to being ready for elite level mens football.
Or if they're even more idiotic and make these claims without even watching them.,

Players who have made it to our first team via the academy have rarely ever gone on to do much.
I can't figure out if the people who always want these kids in our first team actually watch the kids and can't understand that it doesn't translate to being ready for elite level mens football.
Or if they're even more idiotic and make these claims without even watching them.,
I think Townsend could still play a part and do a job for our team.

Let's pretend that Kane, Winks, Skipp, Bentaleb, KWP don't exist and that becoming an EPL player in itself (let alone an international; which the bulk of these lads have been) is not doing a hell of a lot more than "not much"

That wave of players you're writing off also generated in excess of £100m.

........Perhaps it's even more idiotic that you have an entrenched view that sees no value in us even having an academy.

Last edited:
It is difficult. Parrot is an up and coming player. I saw him come on December 19 in the Burnley match we won 5-1. The match Son scored that solo goal. Problem was by the time he came on we were just seeing the match out and he had to come deep to get the ball. We did not see what he could do in an attacking situation. He has been on loan but I do not see he is any closer to getting first team action at Tottenham even next season.
We often have young players making the numbers up on the bench but they rarely get on, mainly because it is too risky as we are not in a secure position in the match and the Manager would be criticised if we then lost.
On Wednesday White, Scarlett & Paskotsi were all on the bench and even though it was a lost cause with say 10 mins to go, none of them came on. Would it have helped with their development if they did? debateable.

People get excited because it is the easiest way to get talent, especially with Levy who will not buy the quality they need. I also understand that when you see properly run academies producing good talent at other clubs that people would want that for Spurs as well.

And really every fanbase in every sport overrates young talent their clubs have.

Back
Top Bottom