For the love of God can we have a decent free kick.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thats for the average players. A good freekick taker could be scoring 1 in every 9. The average is probably dragged down by our players . 1 in a 100 at least.When was the last direct freekick we've scored? Winks' cross doesnt count.

Someone here was throwing about stats quite recently..... IIRC Eriksen would only get 2 or 3 FK goals per season.......

Even if Kane was a half decent free kick taker (he’s not), I would argue that as our No.9 his best position is in the box looking for rebounds and half chances from the free kick.

The fact that he's not means I 100% agree with you.

Hopefully Harvey White gets a decent loan in Jan and can break in to the first team in the future. He has loads of qualities that the team really needs like quality freekicks and corners. We've had a few midfielders break in to the first team in recent years but not really any technical players.

I wish they would ask questions like this to Conte in press conferences. Kane and Dier are not good at free kicks, Lo Celso's look like someone filled the ball with helium... How do we have not a one person who can hit the target with some pace? Ever since Eriksen stopped trying a few years ago we have been cursed...

Did anyone do anything involving an Indian burial ground??

200.gif

It's pretty embarrassing and disrespectful to the rest of the squad that we are still letting Kane take free kicks. Unless he somehow bangs them in in training. The only possible explanation is that the rest of them are even worse but I'd find that amazing. You could go to League 2 and get better free kick takers than us.

It's like saying to the rest of the squad "He's our best player/highest earner so he gets to take free kicks even if he sucks at them." That's not how a TEAM is supposed to work.

I wish they would ask questions like this to Conte in press conferences. Kane and Dier are not good at free kicks, Lo Celso's look like someone filled the ball with helium... How do we have not a one person who can hit the target with some pace? Ever since Eriksen stopped trying a few years ago we have been cursed...

Did anyone do anything involving an Indian burial ground??

200.gif
Lucas took some free kicks in the EL last year and they were good. I think he even scored one. Not sure why he doesnt take them.

I suspect it’s selfish from Kane. There is a chance he could score from a free kick so he wants to take them to add to his own goal tally. Our captain is our keeper so he can’t get involved in FK taking discussions. So Harry wins.

Hopefully Conte will address this on the training ground

I suspect it’s selfish from Kane. There is a chance he could score from a free kick so he wants to take them to add to his own goal tally. Our captain is our keeper so he can’t get involved in FK taking discussions. So Harry wins.

Hopefully Conte will address this on the training ground
Spot on. It’s obvious this is the reason. I think ENIC and Levy don’t mind either because Kane is the star player. More exposure to the star player means more money

Spot on. It’s obvious this is the reason. I think ENIC and Levy don’t mind either because Kane is the star player. More exposure to the star player means more money
Come on mate. We don’t have to turn every thread into an ENIC/Levy bashing thread. To suggest that Levy / Lewis get involved in selecting FK takers is, quite frankly, laughable.

Back
Top Bottom