Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thats not now Danny boy does business he needs to make a shekel or two.
Agree. He would drag this out for two weeks for an extra 0.5M even if it meant we couldn’t sign anyone and lost all PL games:

Daniel, your son looks like the product of cousin sex the Neanderthal mutant

I mean... it does not make sense to sell him if we don't have any attacking players lined up to upgrade on him, right? Specially now when Son is injured.

Given how badly Alli has flopped with every second after Liverpool clash it is not like he is an option to be used.

So if we sell Berg, then for attacking 3 positions we would only have Kane, Moura and Gil now + Son when he comes back.
There will be lot of weeks where we have to play 2 EPL games per week. We cannot survive with such roaster.

But I have not heard of any viable and logical attacking players linked with us, except for Lingard (but even that seems more likely in the summer). So what am I missing?

Is it that we rather don't plan to sell Stevie (like could be assumed from Conte's comments as well) or is there some attacking target that has not been leaked to media and rumor mill?

Ajax have a cup game against an amateur club on Thursday then a massive game v PSV on Sunday. It could be that they want Berg in for that game.
But Conte has said he "needs" Berg so he may decide to keep Berg until after the Chelsea game.
International break obv for both teams after Sunday.

fucking unreal! even without the goals he was having the ball pinged into him and using it well. theres a fucking player there! he clearly needs to be put on the edge! he got wound up today and was on it then! conte should give him a nice hard slap in the face before they come out before games!

Today was the Bergwijn that we’ve needed for the last couple of years. He worked hard, was good with the ball and just didn’t give up. I get the feeling this may have been his goodbye game, but if not there a player in there somewhere providing he gets regular minutes.

Never doubted him for a single moment.

Willem Dafoe Smile GIF

So happy for Stevie! Going all the way back to those close misses against Liverpool and then Jose turning him into a defensive winger, I’ve been hoping for this kid to get a chance to launch. Hope he stays!

Even if he's not going to be a starter, if he can give the same sort of levels he gave today then he's probably better than anybody else off the bench as an impact sub and worth keeping. Did us proud today!

Back
Top Bottom