Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He can be our own Declan Rice. Perhaps not quite at the same level, but that's more of a compliment to Rice, who's blossomed into a superb player, than it is any kind of slant on Skipp.

A stray touch of the ball here and there tonight, I don't want to go overboard, but my word I have to give so much credit to Norwich and Daniel Farke, I've never seen a player leave a finding-his-feet kid and return an utterly sure of himself man like this.

21 years old and stepping up from the Championship and commands the game, not a whiff of hesitancy about him.

Conte surely sees himself in the lad.

He can be our own Declan Rice. Perhaps not quite at the same level, but that's more of a compliment to Rice, who's blossomed into a superb player, than it is any kind of slant on Skipp.
Skipp can be better IMO. I think he has better vision and is a more progressive passer than Rice. More agile as well but not as much of a physical unit like Rice is. 2 years younger.

Someone made a great point in the match thread that in some ways he's wasted if played as a CDM as his passing/vision is nice - definitely the better player than Hojbjerg and Winks, which shows how good Skipp is for someone his age and how we're less than sterling at CM right now.

He'd be a really useful player for the England senior squad but I feel like that team is just too hard to break into right now.

Another good game out there from him. He carried PEH and Winks who sucked all game.

It would be interesting to see how he fits with better MFers around him and in a Conte system if he could take on the deep lying role or be more of a box to box 8. My concern is he is neither but also think he has the talent to adapt and fit in as needed.

Another good game out there from him. He carried PEH and Winks who sucked all game.

It would be interesting to see how he fits with better MFers around him and in a Conte system if he could take on the deep lying role or be more of a box to box 8. My concern is he is neither but also think he has the talent to adapt and fit in as needed.
I hope we keep pushing him to develop his passing and offensive game, and for him to get further forward or arrive late more often. He's got much better technique and passing range than people give him credit for and I suspect just needs the green-light from Conte and the confidence of his teammates for him to take the next step.

PEH sucked all game hahahahah

you just say shit just to say it don't you.

Last edited:
If Skipp wants to get close to the top he really needs to work on his offensive game, as has been said. He'll often get in good positions to shoot but prefers to pass, often taking a much safer option, as clearly he doesn't back himself. But it's not something that can't be worked on in training . I think he would be wasted a little playing as an anchor midfielder. He has bundles of energy so he should develop into a genuine box to box player, like Kalvin Phillips for England.

If Skipp wants to get close to the top he really needs to work on his offensive game, as has been said. He'll often get in good positions to shoot but prefers to pass, often taking a much safer option, as clearly he doesn't back himself. But it's not something that can't be worked on in training . I think he would be wasted a little playing as an anchor midfielder. He has bundles of energy so he should develop into a genuine box to box player, like Kalvin Phillips for England.
I know that is generally true, but he did have one quite thunderous shot from distance the other night didn't he? It hit a defender soon into its flight, so I'm not sure if it would have been on target, but he struck it very well, and might well have worked the keeper if it had got through. Personally I thought he looked more eager to be involved offensively in that game (Leicester I mean) than he normally does - let's hope that continues.

Slight but yes, agree and who knows how good Skipp may become.

The key to any player being considered good in my book is the consistency of a high level of performance.

Skipp moving into that category.

I'm not being funny, but this guys last ditch challenges are incredible. He's doing at least one per match it seems, sussing out so much danger. And he's still a kid.

Under no circumstances should skipp be on the bench and hojbjerg and winks played ahead of him. Not the first time this has happened and its an absolutely shit call from conte.

Back
Top Bottom