Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I honestly think the enforced break might do him good... He was starting to struggle in some games, and his 'telepathic' partnership with Kane had started to look like some dodgy night club medium act!

Can't wait for him to come back refreshed....

Btw, where have all the 'Sonny, can I have your shirt?" bedsheets goneat games?

I would be lying to say so know of the player but 100% to that sentiment.

As much as anything that is part of our DNA.

We had Kane, Alli and at times Eriksen before and obviously Bale was the creme de is creme before them.

Now we are just a working team, with Moura arguably closes to having individual spurts of excellence.
That Were a working team is a bit generous

I am not even sure Son is an inspiring player as opposed to just a very good one, and even he has dipped in the last 9 months in the round.

It's part of the problem we have.

Not one player really gets you off your seat at the present time.

For a club like ours, built on such traditions, it's quite incredible.

Nobody but nobody takes the breath away. Son and Moura are probably closest and fatbelly sadly wobbles to deceive.

You want Son, You need Son.

If we keep Kane, I’d sell Son and build around Kane, Lucas and a boba fide AM

Son is probably triple Lucas’s value but offers just slightly more as far as overall impact to the game. Obviously better in front of the goal, but almost everything else, Lucas is equal if not better. Lucas is getting better under Conte too.

lol aren't you tired of switching the side every few weeks?

Not included in South Korea’s initial squad for the upcoming international games. Good news and bad there.
All good, imo. He is obviously not fit enough for us, therefore we can't have him traipsing all round Asia, with the high possibility that he might aggravate the current injury or get another one. Better he stays here.

All good, imo. He is obviously not fit enough for us, therefore we can't have him traipsing all round Asia, with the high possibility that he might aggravate the current injury or get another one. Better he stays here.

Yep but let’s just hope his injury isn’t worse than feared. How many times over the years have we heard player X is out for a month with minimal news on his injury like in this case and then we don’t see them for months.

Yep but let’s just hope his injury isn’t worse than feared. How many times over the years have we heard player X is out for a month with minimal news on his injury like in this case and then we don’t see them for months.
Yes, you're right, I read your post as it's bad for the national side. So easy to misinterpret a post on here :)

You've got to say that we've looked better going forward without him no?
More fluid in possession? Perhaps. But bereft of the finishing touch that Sonny so bountifully provides.

There were so many moments in that game where a brilliant passing move ended with Hojbjerg or Davies or something in the position to stick the dagger in.

Sonny doesn’t solve that per se, it’s just that we need players who can find the back of the net and you hate the only two we’ve got.

More fluid in possession? Perhaps. But bereft of the finishing touch that Sonny so bountifully provides.

There were so many moments in that game where a brilliant passing move ended with Hojbjerg or Davies or something in the position to stick the dagger in.

Sonny doesn’t solve that per se, it’s just that we need players who can find the back of the net and you hate the only two we’ve got.
I was thinking we sign a Vlahovic type of player then sell Sonny to get a bona fide AM to really fill that void.

Of course, lots need to happen but I think that'd be an ideal scenario.

As good as Son is, he does have a lot of weaknesses that hinders our ability to be a complete team.

You've got to say that we've looked better going forward without him no?

We've got players that can sort of do the Son role. What we need is a bona fide AM with goals. That's what Conte needs. Son can't do that role.

In what .. one game?

We were crap in both legs vs Chelsea. No goals over 180 minutes. And even today we looked fluid but it took a 1 in a million event for us to win. You want to sell our most productive attacker this season because of one match against Leicester City? And you also want to sell the other attacker who was the main reason we looked good going forward today?

Back
Top Bottom